Dr. Carlos Porter MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine San Antonio, TX

2.9

February 27th, 2017
Money making operation
I felt like he is more interested in making the money than providing health care. Quick, to the point (his point) appointments, not thorough nor interested in what I needed. Made off colored joke. Which was pretty unprofessional. The PA was no better informed or attentive (but no rude wisecracks). Front staff did not follow through - except with the billing information. Very chaotic. No thanks.

November 3rd, 2016
nothing but smiles
AMAZING IMPROVEMENT OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS! I have been a patient for 15+ years and chose to stay with Dr.Porter because of his AMAZING care for me. The staff is very friendly and helpful with any concerns you may have. Amazing office manager Cindi, what an amazing job on turning that place around. I 100% recommend this doctors office.

September 21st, 2016
GREAT OFFICE ALL AROUND!!!
I saw Dr. Porter for the first time last week due to an insurance change I had. I was very please on how organized the office staff was with my information when I checked in as well as the attention I was given by the nursing staff and the doctor. Everyone seemed pleasant and helpful and I was out of my appointment within 1 hour.

July 12th, 2016
RECOMMENDED!!!
Dr, PAs and Staff very on point....I needed as appointment and they got me in the same day!

June 10th, 2016
malpractice of patient care
Stay away from this clinic. They over charge you for a visit and say it was prolonged. Then hit you with $196 charge. They send you for tests you do not need...they nearly sent me for a neuropathy test rather than a spirometry test. Good thing I caught that. Then they diagnosed me with a positive urine culture for an UTI and did not treat me for 30 days. Horrible staff and incompetent doctors. I'm reporting them to the medical board. Beware of positive reviews as they give you money off your copay if you give a good review.

December 5th, 2015
WARNING! Make sure you read older comments!!
I have written this comment before and I am writing it again to hopefully save someone the agony of this doctor. It really looks like someone is posting positive reviews on behalf of this office in an effort to clean up their horrible reviews. I strongly advise anyone interviewing this incompassionate doctor and his rude staff to read older comments (read, read, read ...all the way down to see how REAL experinces were rated). Someone has posted back to back positive comments; but in reality how many patients actually take the time to do that??? Think about it and you be the judge. I am going to point out that they are all anonymous and it looks like the same author. (Now pay attention to reviews that will be dated after mine and watch how they will try to change it up - to include no longer annonomous because they will make up fake names and change their writing style) How sad, that they have to do this and won't allow the general public to easily find the truth about this Doctor. The part that broke my heart was that who ever Dr Porter is paying to write this has posted and posed as a cancer patient. Who ever the author of these reviews is PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DOING SUCH INSENSITIVE REVIEWS! My mother and I were treated like crap by Dr Porter and I will stop at nothing to warn the public! No sick and elderly person or her advocate should EVER endure what my poor mother went through!
Doctor's Response

I would like to clarify the validity of the comments on this page. Porter Medical Associates utilizes Practice Fusion electronic medical record software. This electronic medical record software sends an email survey electronically to every patient (that gives us their email address) automatically after they are checked out for feedback on their experience at our office. Unfortunately, this patient waited a longer than usual time to be seen due to two different emergencies Dr. Porter was tending to in other patient rooms. One, in distress, actively being transported by EMS to the hospital. This patient was offered to see our Physician Assistant immediately on two separate occasions and refused. Once she was roomed she demanded to speak directly to Dr, Porter who explained the emergencies that he had to handle and apologized for their wait. Unfortunately, the patients caregiver was not accepting of the situation. Sadly, this fact is not reflected in the reviews. I am quite sure that this person would have appreciated the same care provided to her mother if she had been the patient in distress. Our priority will always be patient care and safety. As a board certified Family Medicine Physician, who has maintained his certification over the last 20 years, and one of the remaining clinicians who actively cares for his patients in the hospital, I always will strive to give the highest standard of care to our patients.

September 28th, 2015
Good Experience
I saw P.A. Leigh. My experience was really good. She was quick to see me and she was patient with me. She answered all of my questions and was very professional.

September 22nd, 2015
Good Man!
A Doctor that cares.............

April 24th, 2015
Millie
The wait at this office is unbelievable! On average we wait in the waiting room for an hour and in the exam room for another hour! By this point Dr Porter is rude and rushed! He is and incredibly rude and uncompassionate man! I'm not quite sure why he chose a profession to help people when his body language and tone always says he's irritated by his patients. Stay away from this office they are all just as unprofessional as the Dr!

January 20th, 2015
Dr Porter is great His office staff is very very bad. You have to wait and wait and wit

May 31st, 2014
Food comes first
Scheduling an appointment with this doctor is not too difficult. But, waiting to be seen is horrible. There's always Medical Sales Reps in their office. I had noticed that very often they take food to the staff. On one of visits I called to go into the examining room. I could hear the staff talking and laughing like there was a party. After a few minutes of waiting, I stepped out and asked the receptionist how much longer before I was seen. I was told that I was going to be seen by the Physician's Assistant as soon as she was done with another patient. Another 10-15 minutes later the P.A. came in smelling like garlic bread. Funny thing was that I had seen the Medical Rep. with bags of food from Olive Garden. What upset me was that my appointment was with the doctor not his P.A., and I knew they were lying about there being another patient, because I was the last patient scheduled to be seen before the lunch hour. Most of his staff is rude, just like him.

July 15th, 2013
Rude, incompetent and useless staff
Absolutely disgraceful behavior from the staff. Everything requires several phone calls to get anything done. Every referral takes weeks to get the actual referral and the staff act as if you are putting them out asking them to do their jobs. When you're told they'll call you back they never do. Their incompetence and rude attitude is amazing and certainly doesn't merit "healthcare". If you're looking for a doctor, look elsewhere.