Dr. Carlos Arguello MD Patient Reviews

July 16th, 2016
Wouldn't recommend

June 13th, 2016
Don't bother
Don't waste your time. Doesn't really listen, very inconvenient to get testing done (make you go to a lapcorp), also incompetent staff.

January 23rd, 2016
Impossible to rate...
I'd love to say I knew what Dr. Arguello was like enough to rate him. Unfortunately, I have yet to see the man, and now, after two rescheduled appointments keeping me from having thyroid meds or numbers run for almost 9 months, I find out I've been pushed off on another doctor that can't see me for yet another 6 months. Needless to say, I'm less than impressed with anyone outside the receptionist in this office, seeing as she's the only one I've spoken to.

August 6th, 2014
My husband sees Dr. Arguello for diabetes and we are more than pleased. He has a good bedside manner, is personable and pays attention to detail when it comes to test results. We would definitely recommend him.

October 31st, 2013
hypothyroism
I went to dr areguello today regarding hypothyroism issue hoping for a dr. That would think out of the box only to hear the standard crap about being in a normal range see you in six months. Excuse me i gained 35 pounds in a few months for no reason i wish he would have listened and said it may or may not be your thyroid i am the endo man so lets run a series of test to see what is going on. I will help you to feel better and we will work together to fix this. But not what i got today i got we will check your tsh and see you in six months. Wow... i think not.

March 4th, 2013
Very Satisfied Patient
Been under Dr Arguello's care for diabetes for several years. He has always been prompt, professional and very helpful with the control of my diabetes. Runs blood test frequently and mails me the results showing what my numbers are and the normal ranges. Very easy to follow.

February 28th, 2013
Adrenal Disease
Doctor was nice First Visit but it came pretty clear to me if your not a diabetic then he don't know. Yes he checked one time a Stim test to see what my cortisol was doing, I failed the test. I am secondary addison's. His mannerism changed by 2nd visit, very argumentative, and didn't listen to me. Because he didn't know how to treat me. I felt that I needed to be hospitalized most recent, due to drop in cortisol & needed a cortisol shot, he called me and said you can come but I can't do anything for you. He has no compassion whatsoever. Wouldn't return my last phone call. Doesn't listen to you. Find another endo doctor if you have adrenal disorder. This doctor would make for a good politician. But not a good endo doctor.

July 19th, 2012
Was not afraid to explain terms I didn't understand and explained how treatments for my thyroid cancer worked and how they would affect me.

January 13th, 2011
WHAT IS THIS DOCTORS PURPOSE
THIS DOCTORS OFFICE INFORMED ME THAT I NEEDED AN APPT TO GET PRESCRIPT REFILL--MADE APPT WENT TO SEE DR AND HE QUESTIONED WHY ID COME TO SEE HIM STATING I DID NOT NEED TO SEE HIM FOR A REFILL --BASICALLY STATING THERE WAS NO REASON FOR MY APPT EVEN THOUGH I HAD NOT BEEN SEEN FOR OVER A YEAR...HE THEN LISTENED TO MY HEART ASKED COULD HE CHECK MY FEET WHICH AT THIS POINT I REFUSED BECAUSE HE HAD PUT SO MUCH EMPHASIS ON ME NOT NEEDING TO BE THERE. THEN AFTER TELLING ME THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO BE THERE REQUESTED I COME BACK FOR A FOLLOW UP IN 4 MOS..& REQUESTED BLOOD WORK---AFTER BEING TOLD SEVERAL TIMES THERE WAS NO REASON FOR ME TO BE THERE I NO LONGER FELT OBLIGATED TO DO ANYTHING HE WANTED --THE SAME WAY HE FELT AND OR MADE ME FELT LIKE I WAS A WASTE OF HIS TIME--HE TOO BECAME A WASTE OF TIME TO ME. THIS DR HAD EXTREMELY BAD BREATH AND A LARGE OPEN SORE ON HIS LIP. HIS APPEARANCE AND ATTITUDE WAS RIDICULOUS

December 6th, 2010
Satisfied Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Arguello for my thyroid condition for several years. He came to be my Dr. after the previous Endocrinologist relocated. He has always been courteous to me and concerned about my health. Wait time is a few minutes at most. If I am early, often times I will be seen early. My condition is stable with medication and I am having no issues. He schedules the appropriate tests and personally follows up with me in a few days by phone or by letter with the results. I drive over 90 miles to see him because of the quality of care I believe I am getting. His staff is careful enough to schedule my tests on the same day so that I don't have to make multiple visits. I too hope that the Administrators read and consider my comments as well. I can't believe that Dr. Arguello is the same Dr. that all of these complaints are referring to.

December 1st, 2010
Dr. Arguello would make a better politician than he is a doctor. This is the most evasive person I have ever met. He is either unable or unwilling to answer any questions. I left more upset and confused than when I went in. He should at least read the patient's chart before he sees them. If you like playing 20 questions and getting no answers, this is the guy for you. Otherwise, stay far, far away. Do yourself a huge favor and find another doctor. He should have paid me for wasting my time.

November 11th, 2010
Says one thing one visit and retracts the next
I have Diabetes and my first appointment with Dr. Arguello was ok. he wanted to put me on the pump right away. I told him that I wanted to research the different pumps out there. he said ok. my next visit he told me that he thinks that a pump would not fit my lifestyle. and this continued for about a year and seemed to be all that we talked about. Got mad and told him that I was not coming back.