Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos Silva
Dr. Carlos Silva, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Silva is affiliated with Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center, Chesapeake Regional Medical Center and Sentara Leigh Hospital. Dr. Silva has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlos Silva has the following 4 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs,...
Dr. Carlos Silva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.
Dr. Alan Gamsey
Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine
Norfolk, VA 0.01 mi42
Dr. Kevin Zawacki
Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
Norfolk, VA 0.01 mi26
Dr. Sharon Sadr
Norfolk, VA 0.01 mi13