I was treated amazing well! show details I was treated amazing well!
by Alexander Crego on Aug 24th, 2016

I am very happy with the way I look and feel. I am also glad to have met Ruth. She is great and I feel I have made a lifelong friend in her.

Breast Augmentation. show details Breast Augmentation.
by Maria Smith on Aug 4th, 2016

I love Dr. Spera, he talked very profesional about the surgery snd he explain all the details and was very patient with me. He answered all my questions without any doubt. I did my surgery and was cared by the staff. I loved him! I am so happy with the nurses and the front desk girl who is so lovely too! Thank you Dr. Spera!

Jul 23rd, 2016

Good attention, liked the team!

Very happy client! show details Very happy client!
Jun 28th, 2016

Staff was very nice and courteous. The Socorro dos a great job! I had a vertical lift and augmentation. I loved the work he did!!!

by natalie on May 20th, 2016

I got my nose done with doctor Spera and I'm actually in his before and after .. My nose came out perfect .. I had a parrot nose before and now I have a nose that I always wanted .. I

Best Surgery and Results show details Best Surgery and Results
by caroline on Mar 7th, 2016

I choose Dr. Spera by a friend that did her breast Aumentation. After reading some reviews I was a little scared but trusting my friends and family that have done work with Dr. Spera I was at ease. When I saw Dr. Spera I wanted a cup that to Dr. Spera was to big for my height and size and he was right he Recommended a size and he was right on point. My recovery was amazing a week after my surgery I was back to my activities and no pain. I am soooo happy with my results. Thank You Doctor and staff for my new body.

Aug 21st, 2015

I am a repeat patient

by Joann Russo on May 30th, 2015

I have been going to Dr Spera for over 20 years for several different procedures. Dr Spera is a fantastic surgeon, honorable, honest and has been in business for a very long time . I have had more than one facelift throughout the years as well as a temporal lobe lift, neck, ear lobe reduction, liposuction, and everything looks very natural. I have a completely refreshed look; my friends and coworkers cannot tell I have a facelift- that's how natural it looks. Going into any type of cosmetic surgery, patients need to be realistic on the outcome. Everyone is different and some patients heal better than others because of their own body make up and chemistry. Sometimes patients forget what they look like before the surgery, you must look at your before-and-after pictures. A picture says 1000 words. I highly recommend Dr. Spera.

El Dr. Spera es un artista show details El Dr. Spera es un artista
by Dax on Mar 6th, 2015

yo me hice levantamiento de Los parpados superiores, la renoplastia la verdad me quedo perfecto el Dr. Spera es un artista todo fue 0 dolor

by Gail Gensler on Feb 2nd, 2015

Been with Dr. Spera for 16 years. Would never go to anyone else.

Worst experience with a doctor ever show details Worst experience with a doctor ever
by Very upset patient on Jan 7th, 2014

I visited Dr spera for fat transfer to the face, a face and neck lift,fixing the eye and laser for wrinkles and blemishes, I can honestly say that was one of the worse decisions of my life. First of all, the stitch work on my eye was done wrong, so that I can't even open or close my eyes properly,it's very disturbing and causes my eye to swell up or cause blurry vision sometimes, its very uncomfortable and could damage my eyes if not fixed. when I first showed this to the Doctor during follow up, he gave me an ointment and told me to see if it solves it, when it didn't he refuse to fix it after telling me to wait four months before he could fix it. He refused to take responsibilty for the stitch and fix my eyes. Secondly the fat transfer which was supposed to be done with stem cells was not done properly and I m losing all the fat that was transferred to my face quickly.Thirdly both sides of my face are not identical and I suspect that he let his assistant work on one part of my face while he was out seeing patients because one part is tighter and more well done than the other, even the stitch work there. my neck and chin weren't done properly either and he never finished the laser because of the wounds on the day of the surgery and in order not to lose the fat. He had told us on the day we went to pay that on the day of surgery that he wouldn't do all the laser then but we would do it a couple of months later after everything settled, he even said he would continue the laser till all the wrinkles and blemishes were gone. another thing he refused to take responsibility for.We had all this is mind about two to three months ago when I went to him for a follow up, he wanted to take pictures to show how I had improved, I told him I know about the improvement but that's not what's important, I wanted to know how he was going to fix the little errors and mistakes he made, but he got upset about it and kicked me out of his office and set another follow up appointment. When I got to this last appointment, he refused to even see me, he sent his assistant to come and take pictures to show him. When I asked for him specifically the office manager came with my chart stating they had done everything they needed to perform on me and that I gone through everything even the laser that they had not completed. They kicked me out of their office again , tried to get me to check myself out and refused to do anything. That was the worst service I had ever received in my life. A medical doctor of a profession that is supposed to be so noble kicking patients out of their office without even attending to the patient. To add to this, this doctor sees patients while still performing surgery, he takes breaks in between surgeries to attend to patient just to make money, this is why he doesn't spend enough time with a patient and keeps making mistakes. I would never recommend him to anybody, he is the worst kind of doctor with a very terrible attitude. And though he has some good staff, some are very rude and mean and disrespectful. This was my worst experience with a doctor ever, lying, filling in the charts without my knowledge, avoiding responsibility and then accusing me of being a liar. Definitely the worst kind of doctor there is....my advice to anyone who wants to know, stay away and find someone better. He is not worth the money you pay.

Mark as Helpful  | 34 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

We remember things differently. I perform all surgeries. I have scrub techs and nurses to assist me in surgery. They do not do any part of the surgery. Only when the surgery is complete, do I leave the operating room. Every person has one side of the face that is better than the other. Sometimes there is a difference between a patient's perception and the evidence of successful treatment results. I performed all necessary and agreed upon follow-ups. Notes are added to patients' charts as is appropriate, which is the common practice in any medical office.

Minnieface lift, steam cells fat transfer, laser, upper /lower eye surgery show details Minnieface lift, steam cells fat transfer, laser, upper /lower eye surgery
by Giannina on Oct 8th, 2013

Excellent doctor, i had a minni face lift , upper and lower eye surgery, neck , and laser, coudnt be more happy i didn't have one single purple spot since day one, also i had fat transfer steam cells, after a week i was able to go out with make up, is just one month and i'm still healing but imso happy. I love his staff inthe Davie office , i'm consider other procedures with him,and i recomended , he is oneof the kind , he loves what he does .

Rested eyes show details Rested eyes
by Esperanza R. on Sep 27th, 2013

I decided to fix my tired looking eyes and I also had some bags under them, but it was weird because I also had some hollowness. He took some skin and also the fat from under my eyes. he told me he would reposition my fat bags and move them down so it would give me a little more definition. I was super nervous cause I though I was gonna look like I had a fat face, but I love my new look. My eyes look younger and refreshed , and my cheekbones are more defined.

I got my younger face back show details I got my younger face back
by Bill, W. on Aug 27th, 2013

I went to Dr. Spera after a friend of mine showed me his results from a facelift he got done by him. Before the surgery the doctor was very meticulous about his markings and showed me exactly were the scars were going to be located since that was my main concern. he also did my eyelids and the fat bags under eyes. He recommended me to also do some fat grafting to my face....Well, I love my results I look refreshed but natural. I don't have that fake/pulled face I've seen on many people. My scars are barely noticeable and it has only been a month since my surgery. My eyes do not look tired and saggy anymore. I get so many compliments..

Breast lif with implants show details Breast lif with implants
by Carolina C. on Aug 19th, 2013

Gracias Dr. spera por mis nuevos senos. Me gustaron como quedaron super naturales y en la posicion donde deben de estar. Gracias a la gente de su oficina por la buena atencion.

Dr. Spera fixed my uni-boob show details Dr. Spera fixed my uni-boob
by ginny on Aug 12th, 2013

I previously had a breast augmentation with another doctor through the belly button because i did not want any scars. Needless to say, I went to a doctor that was advertising this type of procedure since not many surgeons offer it. Believe me ladies I called around the miami and broward area and only about 3 of them said they did it. I decided to go with a doctor that was advertising the" trans-umbilical breast augmentation" in an infomercial. Well, he ends up giving me a uni-boob....for months, I was self conscious to go on a bikini because it was really obvious. I decided to get it fixed, but I refused to go to the same surgeon. So I decided to go to Dr. Spera, and he worked his magic. Not only did he give me back my TWO breasts, but made them look prettier and perkier than what i was expecting....Beatiful job Dr. Spera BRAVO!!! Previamente ya tenia una cirujia hecha por otro doctor. Yo estaba buscando por alguien que ofrecia augmentacion de senos por el ombligo. despues de estar llamando a varios doctores en Ft. Lauderdale y Miami solo encontre aproximadamente 3 doctores que practicaban esta cirujia. Luego vi un comercial por la television a un doctor que ofrecia "augmento de cenos transumbilical" y decidi ir por el. El doctor termino dandome un ceno... los cenos estaban tan juntos que parecia solo uno. Despues de esperar varios meses decidi arregalarme los cenos pero quize ir con otro doctor y decidi ir por Dr. Spera. no solamente arreglo mis cenos pero me los hizo muchos mas lindos que lo que esperaba. Gracias Dr. Spera es un mago!!

amazing new figure!!! show details amazing new figure!!!
by vdai on Jul 21st, 2013

after having 3 little ones, I decided to have a tummy tuck and breast lift with implants. From the moment I arrived for my surgery everyone was very sweet and comforting, Dr Spera gave me a completely new figure with Im very proud to show. My tummy is completely flat an d I can wear tight fitted shirts without worrying about my rolls. My breast are perky as they once were. Thank you Dr. Spera

Bestttttt Dr show details Bestttttt Dr
by I so Happy on Jul 18th, 2013

I recommend to Dr. Carlos Spera with closed eyes. He has been excellent in the consultation. And the result of my surgery was " Amazing" ...

Free Consultation show details Free Consultation
Oct 16th, 2012

I recently had a free consultation at Dr. Spera's office in Davie, Fl. I was very dissapointed at the way Dr. Spera received me for the consultation. First of all I waited about 40 minutes before seeing him and I was the only person waiting...they seemed to be very unoccupied; knowing I was his only appointment I was hoping I would have a decent time to get to know him and explain to him exactly what I wanted but I was wrong. Marissa(patient coordinator) walked me to a room where Dr. Spera was waiting and to my surprise it was pretty much the coordinator's office not a consultation room...I've shop around many other Cosmetic Surgery places and this was the only place where the doctor didn't bother to see me in a proper room...I wasn't even given a robe. As soon as I enter the room Dr. Spera asked me to show him my stomach as Marissa had tell him about my concern ( I wanted a Lipo in the abdomen)the consultation took no more than 5 minutes and then he left. I was in shock at the fact that there was no professionalism neither from Dr. Spera or Marissa. I will continue to look at different places but it is a fact that I will not be returning to Dr. Spera's office and I will make sure I tell my friends to go somewhere else as they don't care about first time patients.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

We are sorry that you feel this way. We have an exam room and a consultation area, and patients are seen in both. Dr. Spera is very serious about his surgeries and addresses questions patients have regarding the surgery. However, he does not make small talk and is not a proficient conversationalist. We apologize if he felt short of your expectations, and would advise patients to look for a competent surgeon, first and someone to sit and talk with them at length, second.

Sep 20th, 2012

In 2010 I visited Dr.Spera for what was supposed to be a simple breast augmentation. After the procedure I was left with Symmastia, also known as a uni-boob. The difotmaty Dr.Spera had caused was obvious from the very second I woke up from recovery. He assured me that it was due to swelling and it would go away promptly. A year later, my breast looked the same. I went back to his office and asked him if he still believed it was swelling ang the man, with a straight face, told me my breast did not look like that after my surgery, and he was not responsible. Tragically for him, I had been documenting my case with pictures. Pictures that prove his failure from day one. Since then, I have been officially diagnosed with Symmastia by four different doctors ( although anyone that had ever seen a pair of breast can diagnose my uniboob). I went back to Dr.spera's office with documentation of these diagnosis and when the man found himself at a loss of words he asked me to leave his office. I am at a loss for words. This man has not only deformed my body, but he blatantly and shamelessly denies it. He and others like him should lose their license. Please do not let him touch you. Also, in the procedure he accodently ripped open one of the cuts he made and now I have a barbaric scar on that breast.

Doctor's Response

Dr. Spera has done thousands of breast augmentations with different surgical approaches. Every breast augmentation carries risk; symmastia is one of them. In his 40 years of surgery, he has had two cases of symmastia, which he corrected ASAP at no cost to the patient. Scars do not always heal as perfectly as we would like them to and may require an additional procedure if a patient prefers them to be less visible.

Love my face ! show details Love my face !
Apr 14th, 2012

Thanks to Dr. Spera i look young and beautiful again! Nobody can guess my age! Best doctor ever!!!!!

Jul 2nd, 2011

Excellent Doctor!!!

don't get lipo! show details don't get lipo!
Jan 7th, 2011

I had breast augmentation years ago with this dr & loved d results. So 10 years later i decide that i needed lipo & did not hestitate to make appt w/him again. Well, worse experience ever. results were not even. my right side was pretty smooth but my left side had 3 fat rolls. needless to say i went back for a revision (which i had to pay for the anestesia) but the results were worse! instead of correcting my left side, he overdid my right side. now my abs are uneven w/fat rolls on my left, lumps on my right, a retarded belly button, & i will never be able wear a bikini again. now i'm afraid to do any more work or corrections

DISASTER show details DISASTER
Nov 30th, 2010

DO NOT DO YOUR NOSE WITH THIS DOCTOR, MAIBE HE IS GOOD IN OTHERS THINGS BUT I'M VERY UNHAPPY WITH MY NOUSE I HAVE TO SPEND AGAIN MONEY TO FIXED.

excelent dr and excelent person show details excelent dr and excelent person
by E.SUAREZ on Sep 7th, 2010