Dr. Carlotta Hample MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 22nd, 2016
Great visit!
We had the best visit with Dr. Hample! My daughter has been to many doctors and is afraid of them. Things were different this visit. Dr. Hample is great with children. She was so nice and spoke to her about things that interested her. This made her relax and the visit couldn't have been easier! We saw many doctors who gave us no answers. Finally we got an answer. By the third visit my daughter was feeling better. Our whole family is grateful to Dr. Hample!

September 2nd, 2016
I'm a single dad and brought my daughter to see Doctor Hample. She was very understanding and patient with us. She spent a lot of time answering my questions. I felt good when I left her office. My daughter is going much better.

March 7th, 2016
Do not recommend!
Do not see this dr. Suggested my son needed an endoscopy the first visit without thoroughly examining him and ruling out simpler reasons that caused his discomfort. Only in it for making herself more money. Does not care for your child's welfare. After seeing a real dr, my son didn't need the endoscopy and had she cared the least bit I would not be writing this review. Just sickens me that I almost put my child under anasthesia for no reason.

May 11th, 2015
Dr vist
Very bad dr I would never ever take my son there again

February 27th, 2015
My daughter and I love Dr. Hampel

September 19th, 2013
Should not be working with children
" Dr. Hamble is Dr. Horrible"...Absolutely the worst experience in a doctors office EVER. If you expect a knowledgable, caring and courteous doctor for your child, I can assure you that this is NOT the place for you. Whatever is going on in this doctors personal life must be eating away at whatever kindness was left. Seriously...when she left the room my son asked " so when's the doctor coming". My son is a genius!

August 22nd, 2013
Beyond stuck talks down to her worried moms
I'm a younger mother with a new born baby that has a severe case of acid reflux. My daughter barely gained any weight the first few months and covered me in throw up head to toe at least once a day two times a day wasnt beyond her . After months of this I finally told her I'm not satisfied with her progress she's sitting up on her own and the reflux isn't settling I felt so sorry for my poor daughter her exact words to me after telling her I'm very concerned isn't there something else I could be doing for her, she replied in these exact words "well unfortunately that's part of mother hood there's nothing else we can do that's we aren't already doing okay mommy so just make an appointment for a month from now" and walked out of the room. Are you kidding me I've spent nights crying over this , hours cleaning up after throw up and more hours doing research on what else I can do to help my baby. Being a new mommy is scary enough as it is you don't know what to expect and when your child finally does come into this world and you feel hopeless and desperate to help them with something so new to you, you don't need the medical professional you go to for help to act unprofessional and cold toward you about your baby. It doesn't end here. My next appointment came up of course I was ready 45 mins before my appointment and about to put my daughter in her car seat and head out to see dr hampel for my daughters acid reflux and my daughter threw up all over me and on herself as well so of course I had to change and change her as well and it's hard to clean up after your baby that threw up when your coveted in throw up and so is she so I knew I was going to be late I called the office and said I was going to be running late that my daughter threw up all over me they said okay they'll give the doctor the message. It was pouring out by the time I got myself and my daughter ready again so now I'm trying to take my daughter to her appointment in the pouring rain there's traffic the whole way there and when I get to the office on forest ave of course there is no parking by the time I found parking and actually got in I was an hour late. The Dr hampel came out into the waiting room and in front of other parents/ patients told me she will see me once she's done seeing her patients that are on time because they usually only give a 15 minute window for parents to make there appointment an hour late is abusive. ABUSIVE? Are you kidding me after what I went through to get here you have the nerve to come out and speak to me that way in a room full of other people. I was beyond livid but I kept my composure because I was there for my daughter not to her . If there were another pediatric gastro that excepted my daughters insurance I would have walked right out of that office enough is enough. You expect doctors to have some sort of etiquette. Don't expect that from dr hampel I would not recommend anyone bring their child under her care she made my visits miserable and my experience with my daughters acid reflux worse then it was, which I didn't think was possible. I never in my life have taken the time to write a review on anything but I need to do something to help others prepare themselves for an experience from hel*.