Dr. Carlton Vollberg DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 1st, 2016
Excellent friendly caring
Dr Volbergh spends time with you, is intellingent and knowledgeable . He also referred me to the best shoulder specialist in town for my needs. He is up to date. His office staff is always so nice and friendly and are on the top of everything.

March 30th, 2015
He is very compassionate, caring and thorough and seems to stay current with medical procedures.

February 21st, 2014
Wonderful Experience
I was new to Chattanooga and went to several physicians in the area, no one took some symptoms I was having seriously. I went to Vollberg and he found out what my problem was! I am doing really well and was treated well by him and the staff!!!! I have always been worked in promptly (same day usually) I read another review and found a person complaining about having to be rescheduled because they were late for an appointment. That is one of the reasons that will run an office behind - most doctor's offices make you reschedule so my advice is to be on time.

April 4th, 2013
Worse phone staff.
Bad staff. I was sent home because of being a few minutes late for a app.

September 15th, 2011
Dr. Vollberg is very caring and shows genuine interest in his patient's well being. There isn't a long wait at his office even though he seems to spend time really talking to the patients. However, I have never had so many tests in my life. At one appointment, he told me all was well. I thought I was done, and then I was handed a slip of paper with 3 tests on it that needed to be scheduled. Also, I had some bloodwork done and was not told something was irregular in the results for 3 months. I also agree with others that he often asks you to remind him what tests he ordered you to have and what course of action he took on certain matters. I understand that you can't remember everything about a patient - but at least have some idea of what was done at the last appointment before you walk in the room.

July 11th, 2011
staff
dr.vollberg and staff are great.......

January 5th, 2011
Frustrating
My experience was quite different than what others have had..first off, I saw Dr. V for over a year and every time I got to be more and more frustrated. As Dr. V's office grew, his ability to keep up with tests and their results became less and less. He refused to hire another Dr to help out and the couple of times I went that he had help, he admittedly ran them off because he "micro-managed" them to death. I had several issues trying to get test results faxed to me from the office staff "nobody checked the fax machine", "so and so isn't here to send it", etc. etc..Dr. V sent me to a surgeon twice needlessly. When I went in for follow-up visits; he couldn't remember what tests he had given me and why. He actually asked me one time why he had given me a steroid shot..excuse me? Am I the Doctor? He put me on several Diabetic medicines needlessly. Apparently, he had given me the steroid shot and then taken blood glucose tests which gave a false indication of high blood sugar. He either needs to hire some help to keep up with his patients or get better organizational skills to keep up with the care that he gives. I got tired of paying him so that I could tell him my course of treatment.

October 27th, 2010
Great DR., great staff!!!
Dr. Vollberg is truly one of the best physicians I have ever been to. He is so attentive and genuinely concerned with what you have to say. I also can't say enough about his great staff. They all seem so caring and knowledgeable. They all feel like people you could be friends with(including Dr. Vollberg)(Amy). I am so grateful I was referred to him.

September 23rd, 2010
I have been seeing Dr. Vollberg for a few years now. He is very thorough and caring. He spends time talking to me no matter how big or small my complaint may be.

June 23rd, 2009
Dr. Vollberg is very thorough and an excellent doctor!

March 27th, 2017