Dr. Carlysle Barfield MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 9th, 2017
Great Doctor
Very professional..He tells it like it is.

August 9th, 2016
excellent doc. very smart. helped me tremendously after other docs had tryed for years to diagnose.

July 20th, 2015
He is a wonderful Rheumatologist and has helped me greatly! Been going to him since 2009.

March 25th, 2014
May Have Saved My Life
Dr. Barfield is a wonderful doctor who may have saved my life or at least greatly added to the prevention of an event that could have led to a serious diminishment of the quality of my life. I went to see him in regard to severe hand pains but also mentioned non rheumatological strange symptoms that he urged me to check out immediately with a cardiologist. I respected Dr. Barfield’s diagnostic ability, advice and concern from our first meeting, and as a result went quickly to a cardiologist. Ultimately, I was diagnosed with serious blockages and had surgery BEFORE a heart attack or even death. I give Dr. Barfield the ultimate credit for this result. I will continue to see him in regard to the hand pains and recommend him highly. GREAT DOCTOR.

August 29th, 2013
BEST DOCTER EVER!
BEST DOCTER EVER!

May 3rd, 2013
Wonderful Doctor
Doctor Barfield is exceptional. You know exactly where you stand with him. He is professional, confident, knowlegable and caring. I highly recommend him.

May 25th, 2010
SAVED MY LIFE!!
I had been treated by another rheumatologist here in Charleston for 6 1/2 years. I was diagnoised with Fibromyalgia. I was taking (at one time) 15 different medications. I was STILL in pain ALL the time, weak, sick all the time, and just not able to FUNCTION on ANY level. When I lost my job due to "excess use of sick leave" (although EVERY absence had a doctors excuse) this dr found he could not "in good conscience say I was really disabled"!!Thank God, after I got my disability & was looking for all new doctors, my primary care dr sent me to Dr Barfield. The second time I saw him, Dr Barfield suspected perhaps I did not have FIBROmyalgia, but possibly had POLYmyalgia. He immediately started me on a different medication plan, and I have been (comparatively) pain free ever since!! I don't exactly fit the profile for Polymyalgia, but who cares, the treatment works. I have my LIFE back, I feel ALIVE again!! Dr Barfield also found and DID something about severl other related problems no one had ever addressed before! I thank God for him EVERY day - and WILL for the rest of my LIFE, that I can now ENJOY thanks to him!!

June 19th, 2017