A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carmel Chou:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carmel Chou is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chou
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Chou Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carmel Chou, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Chou graduated from Mandalay Univ, Inst Of Med, Mandalay, Myanmar.
Dr. Chou has 2 hospital affiliations:
- John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County
- Oak Forest Hospital Of Cook County
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carmel Chou MD is a female Internist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Carmel Chou practice?
- Dr. Carmel Chou has 1 office location.
Dr. Carmel Chou practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Oak Forest, IL.
See Oak Forest Internists, Oak Forest Hematologists, and Oak Forest Oncologists.