inactive

Carmela Landes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

July 9th, 2012
Dr. Stalin
I'm 30 years old and in good health, but I'm trying to do the right thing by finally getting a primary care physician, and establishing some kind of baseline for my cholesterol, etc. After a quarter-hearted handshake without eye contact, she proceeds to tell me that healthy people don't need physicals, or annual check-ups, or even primary care physicians. With regard to establishing a baseline, healthy people don't need blood tests. She wouldn't check my cholesterol because I wasn't 35. It's not that I don't get it. Doctors test too much and prescribe too much all the time. That doesn't mean you can stop listening to what people are saying.

May 7th, 2012
LESS THAN POOR

September 29th, 2011
In trouble just based on first experience
I knew I was in trouble when the doctor called my name into the exam room and walked away before I could get up (and I'm not even old and have trouble getting up either) or made eye contact. By the time I get to the door, she was more than 15 steps away from me and still walking. No greeting at all?I went to her for a physical (I made the appointment a month ago & this was the earliest they could get me in) and it was done in a sub-standard manner, almost non-existent basically. I did not leave there feeling assured of my health. She did not even order blood work. And when I asked, she told me I am basically healthy and don't really need it and that it was a waste of costs. What's the point of going to a physical then? What did I pay $50 in co-pay for? I hope she did not bill my insurance for an annual physical because my insurance only covers 1 every 2 years and now I'm going to have to make an appointment with another doctor for a real physical. She is not the warmest doctor either, so I would definitely not want to see her when I'm sick.

March 22nd, 2011
Great GP
Dr Landes has been my primary care doctor for the last 3 yrs. I'm not very doctor friendly, but she is an exceptional doctor and I'm very glad to have been assigned to her through my HMO.She saved my life by recognizing through a blood test that something was wrong, and sent me to see a Urologist who discovered a tumor on my right kidney. It was a stage 2 tumor and was removed. I didn't need any radiation or chemo either.She's always been patient with me, knowing I prefer natural healing and am anti-medicine. But is very direct and thorough when we discuss any of my conditions.

July 22nd, 2010
Excellent, matter of fact doctor who is thorough. She is very responsive by email. Telephone access is difficult. The office is part of BIMC / Phillips and is bureaucratic and mostly impersonal. However, triage nurse by phone was very helpful the occasions we had to see someone on short notice.

May 14th, 2009
One womans opinion
This doctor is impatient when asked questions, doesnt perform in depth analysis or testing nor does she followup in a timely manner. If you have a legitimate illness, be prepared to do your own research on symptoms and chasing her down for diagnosis. Furthermore, the office reception and administration at Beth Israel Med Center is deplorable, filled with unintelligent and unprofessional staff. .