Dr. Carmen Fischer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 4th, 2016
Retired
I have been treated by Dr. Fischer for problems with my neck. She spent a lot of time with me, was very thorough, diligent, explained why do I have that problem and what I need to avoid in the future. The treatment was successful and I attribute that to the expertise of Dr. Fischer. I highly recommend her to anyone who may be in pain or discomfort.

August 16th, 2016
Medical Garbage
Extremely patronizing doctor. Didn't listen to me, and had zero interest in helping me.

June 13th, 2016
I couldnt ask for a better Doc!

March 24th, 2016
Uncaring, Rude, Unprofessional
She was called out of the exam room & came back all shook saying she was in trouble w/Dr Palencia for goofing up on another patient & she stayed distracted the rest of my visit. Advised she would do a procedure to help with my pain but I'd have to come back in 2 weeks to get it (my ins. doesn't require preauthorization) so she obviously didn't care about my pain but only about billing for another visit. Once the strength of my prescription was written wrong (doubled) & her response: oops they goofed. Another time she came in, put on a mask & said everyone makes her sick. She stayed across the room by the door even though when I made the appointment I told them I needed a treatment (trigger points or something) for the severe pain flare up I was having. She said she'd gone over her allowed 15 minutes never addressing my pain and walked out. Her MA came in w/a shot and said where do u hurt, where do u want it? That was the icing on the cake, I would NEVER allow her to treat me or anyone I cared about again. New Dr. treats with care and compassion and is focused on my medical needs rather than watching the clock and billing for extra appointments. She's a terrible excuse for a doctor let alone a pain specialist who should have compassion and be caring. Stay clear!

February 11th, 2016
Heatless doctor with no ethics
Dr. Fischer is horrible. Please save yourself the trouble and see a different doctor. She is cold, rude, heartless, and inconsiderate. She stood up and left the room once my "fifteen minutes" was up despite the fact that she had not answered my questions or evaluated me. She obviously sees patients as dollar signs instead of ethically treating them. I was crying in pain and instead of addressing the pain she suggested I see a psychiatrist. I will NEVER step foot in that office again.

August 26th, 2015
Nice, friendly, but don't expect her to help you!
I was a patient of Dr. Fischers for several years. She was always prompt for appointments, addressed my concerns, made me feel like she really cared. She would not worry about how much time she spent with me. We could discuss or cats, our families, etc, and I enjoyed, (as much as one could), my appts. with her! Then one day my Insurance company started denying the care she provided. I gave her the information from my insurer, along with detailed explanations of what the insurer was asking her to provide, if I was to receive ongoing care thru my Insurance. I learned this: She will not fight for the care she prescribes, she will not follow the Insurers reporting requirements. As long as it's easy & convenient for Dr. F, she'll be your "best" friend! If you or your insurer ever challenge her "cloned" reports, be prepared to witness her transformation & ongoing attempts to undermine any previous relationship you had & any future care you need (& she still claims is medically necessary!) In trying to absolve herself of her failure in reporting by insurers guidelines, she attacks & blames the patient. She does this by expanding on her cloned reports with alot of aggressive, negative documentation about the patient, providing false opinions & statements, although presented as factual. In my case, i was fortunate to have a lengthy documented history of "wine & roses"! Her attacks were not substantiated by her previously reported history or accounts. I initially thought she was having a bad day, as this was not the same person I thought I knew. Her behavior & professionalism has changed, completely. It's sad & disheartening to me. I liked her! Luckily, I now have a more competent Dr., who understands & works with my insurer. I now realize how deficient she truly was in my care. My stress levels & continuity of care have improved dramatically since I have left her care!

May 4th, 2015
Professional, compassionate, courteous. Very understanding of my very difficult problem.

September 17th, 2013
Worst Experience I Have Ever Had
I am sitting here in disbelief after my experience with Dr. Carmen Fischer. I arrived for my scheduled appointment five minutes early (I didn't want to pay the late fee of $ 25.00 if you are 5 minutes late, really???). I had all of my paperwork filled out & completed. I was then handed ANOTHER form to fill out. I finally (after waiting 15 minutes) was called back for my appointment with the doctor. The first thing she did was mistake my husband for the patient, my first name is obviously female, and began to ask him the pertinent questions until we called to her attention that I was the patient, this after announcing that she had to get to her appt. for the dentist. She had NOT gone over my paperwork that listed all of my ailments. She was unprepared, unprofessional and kept looking at her watch to check the time. Then after asking me about my pain levels and arguing with me about what a "10" level means she said, "Do you need to reschedule?" She had only been in the room with me 10 minutes! I got up and walked out. I have NEVER been treated so poorly in my life. This "doctor" needs to realize that her patients aren't an inconvenience to her. Because of US, SHE has a job. I would highly recommend seeking another pain management professional. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME BY GOING TO THIS DOCTOR.

June 26th, 2013
horrible rude and uncaring !
I was seen by Dr Fischer for over a year and at first she seemed ok but then didn't even remember who I was and anything about my conditions. Then she turned into a very soured horrible lady that just seemed like my pain conditions were putting her out basically it was like she wants the money but doesn't want to be a doctor that helps you . She was rude , doesn't care about her paitients or what they are going through and well her vacation she was leaving in about a week took priority. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone period.

September 20th, 2012
prompt
never waited less in one office,prompt service, patience listening ,caring and trying to find the cause of the pain, not just treating the complaint

June 4th, 2010
Compassionate
Patient care is excellent, spends time answering questions, explaining procedures and listening to patient concerns. Always prompt in seeing me, rule of office is 5 min late appointment canceled, not unusual, what was is that she holds herself to the same time limit. I have never had to wait more than a few minutes past my appointment time.

September 1st, 2009
You are the worst excuse for an M.D. I have ever seen in my life. Where did your school get it's accreditation from? Your license should definitely be revoked and you should be made to give a refund to every patient you have ever charged. Have you ever thought about a gastric bypass?