2.0

Jun 27th, 2015

Dr. Gota insisted on taking about $1,000 worth of tests on me (after insurance), claiming that they were "standard". She did not tell me how many she'd take or how much they would cost. She was extremely rude when I called to ask her about what illnesses had been ruled out, treating me as if I were impertinent for asking and using only complex medical terminology. I spent about two minutes on the phone with her, and I can't emphasize enough how rude she was -- she treated me as if I were a spoiled idiot for asking about my test results. I really felt conned by the Cleveland Clinic; Gota clearly relished the experience of not telling me anything/making me feel like a moron, and I spent $1,000 for the privilege. I truly believe this doctor shouldn't be allowed to practice.

Excellent Doctor but too hard to get an appointment with show details Excellent Doctor but too hard to get an appointment with
by Diana B on Jan 14th, 2015

I was a patient with Dr. Gota for about a year. She helped me immeasurably and was very compassionate to my suffering. My only dislike is that she was too busy, at the end I called for an appointment because I was in pain and they wanted me to wait 6 months...much too long for a person who is in agony.

Dec 21st, 2014

This doctor has a terrible bedside manner and should consider another profession. I have never been so appalled by her care and treatment of patients.

Aug 17th, 2013

This doctor needs to take a course in LISTENING. She stared at her computer for most of my appointment, while I was telling her my physical symptoms. And I didn't realize that rheumatoid doctors are now psychologists and psychiatrists! She is NOT qualified to make a diagnosis in mental health, yet tried to anyway. She gave me a GENERAL physical diagnosis, which I truly already knew, and recommended that I increase my walking by 5 minutes a month to get better! ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS! Then she sent my doctor a report that TOTALLY CONTRADICTED everything she told me and my husband, in the appointment. DO NOT TAKE YOUR DOG TO SEE THIS WOMAN! I am appalled that a reputable institution like Cleveland Clinic would employ such a quack.

May 10th, 2013

Rude/Unprofessional and thoughtless show details Rude/Unprofessional and thoughtless
Feb 24th, 2013

This physician treated me like a child. She asked inappropriate questions that had nothing to do with my symptoms. She entered, sat at the computer and never looked at me. She was harsh and outright mean. She also answered her cell phone during the appointment to speak with her child and carried on a conversation! I left the appointment crying. Having been sick for a while (and I am not a sick person) I expected a little empathy and respect. If you want to be listened to and treated with respect do not see this Dr.

WG Patient show details WG Patient
by Anne Kralman on Oct 16th, 2010

Dr. Gota went out of her way to help with my treatment... called me, reviewed my labs from far away admited me to hospitals and made sure that my care was great and she followed up with me personally. She gave me her personal number to call with any problems...excellent doctor!

Not a pleasant woman show details Not a pleasant woman
Jul 7th, 2010

By far the most humiliating appointment of my life. Had an intern with her and I let the intern sit in. She systematically poked and prodded at me speaking medical jargon the whole time. Meanwhile I'm laying there terrified. Incorrectly diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia despite meeting not having several others, and having several other alarming symptoms that weren't relevant to her diagnosis which she ignored. I can see how she would be an asset to research potentially, but this woman has no business seeing patients. Let alone treating them. I ended up getting a correct diagnosis months down the line by myself doing much of the research from another doctor open to discussion. Her diagnosis stonewalled my finally receiving a correct diagnosis and is borderline negligence in my eyes.

thurough but not friendly show details thurough but not friendly
by Flesher on Sep 10th, 2008

I've seen dr.gota twice for joint pain and swelling. She hasn't explained anything to me (why she prescribed meds, what blood tests she was doing, or what she thought possible diagnoses could be). At times, her attitude towards me has made me feel that she thinks I'm faking. I've never been to a doctor where I've felt that I've had no choice in my treatment.