Internists, Rheumatologist
Video profile
2422 Lake Ave
Ashtabula, OH 44004
440-997-6910
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  show details
Aug 17th, 2013

This doctor needs to take a course in LISTENING. She stared at her computer for most of my appointment, while I was telling her my physical symptoms. And I didn't realize that rheumatoid doctors are now psychologists and psychiatrists! She is NOT qualified to make a diagnosis in mental health, yet tried to anyway. She gave me a GENERAL physical diagnosis, which I truly already knew, and recommended that I increase my walking by 5 minutes a month to get better! ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS! Then she sent my doctor a report that TOTALLY CONTRADICTED everything she told me and my husband, in the appointment. DO NOT TAKE YOUR DOG TO SEE THIS WOMAN! I am appalled that a reputable institution like Cleveland Clinic would employ such a quack.

|  show details
May 10th, 2013

|  Rude/Unprofessional and thoughtless  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2013

This physician treated me like a child. She asked inappropriate questions that had nothing to do with my symptoms. She entered, sat at the computer and never looked at me. She was harsh and outright mean. She also answered her cell phone during the appointment to speak with her child and carried on a conversation! I left the appointment crying. Having been sick for a while (and I am not a sick person) I expected a little empathy and respect. If you want to be listened to and treated with respect do not see this Dr.

|  WG Patient  |  show details
by Anne Kralman on Oct 16th, 2010

Dr. Gota went out of her way to help with my treatment... called me, reviewed my labs from far away admited me to hospitals and made sure that my care was great and she followed up with me personally. She gave me her personal number to call with any problems...excellent doctor!

|  Not a pleasant woman  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2010

By far the most humiliating appointment of my life. Had an intern with her and I let the intern sit in. She systematically poked and prodded at me speaking medical jargon the whole time. Meanwhile I'm laying there terrified. Incorrectly diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia despite meeting not having several others, and having several other alarming symptoms that weren't relevant to her diagnosis which she ignored. I can see how she would be an asset to research potentially, but this woman has no business seeing patients. Let alone treating them. I ended up getting a correct diagnosis months down the line by myself doing much of the research from another doctor open to discussion. Her diagnosis stonewalled my finally receiving a correct diagnosis and is borderline negligence in my eyes.

|  thurough but not friendly  |  show details
by Flesher on Sep 10th, 2008

I've seen dr.gota twice for joint pain and swelling. She hasn't explained anything to me (why she prescribed meds, what blood tests she was doing, or what she thought possible diagnoses could be). At times, her attitude towards me has made me feel that she thinks I'm faking. I've never been to a doctor where I've felt that I've had no choice in my treatment.