Dr. Carmen Klass MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2015
Breast Cancer Patient
Surprised by negative reviews. The wait times may be longer but only because she takes time to discuss with patients their concerns. From my first visit, I knew that she was highly trained and experienced in her field. Having cancer is a an emotional experience along with the physical aspects of it. Can't imagine having a better oncologist. Her P.A., Melissa Early, is also exceptional. It is hard to hear the truth about cancer but should not fault the doctor.

June 26th, 2014
Four Stars are not Enough
There are not enough stars on this site to review Dr. Klass. She is professional, knowledgeable, kind and generous. She followed me for renal cell carcinoma and she is following my wife, still, for breast cancer. She has published several studies, and she is a PHD as well an MD. But most of all, Dr. Klass' spirit outshines even her degrees. You cannot help but be touched by this doctor both as a patient and a person. Five Stars!!!!!

April 7th, 2014
We are Leaving
We are leaving this doctor asap. She is flippant, disorganized, and has been nothing short of haphazzard in managing our case. She was way too cavalier on our first meeting, even to the point of inappropriate language. We feel like her disorganization cost valuable time that could have been used to actively intervene with this aggressive disease. Her approach to pain mgt. was basically non-existent. Our primary care doctor told us that her notes from "Klass seemed like she didn't have a clue!" I suspect something has changed radically with Dr. Klass. She came highly recommended but we have been very concerned and disappointed.

January 9th, 2014
Times They Are A'Changing
A close family member has been with Dr. Klass for more than a few years. I think Dr. Klass has taken on too many patients. The wait times are not acceptable, and often the care is haphazard with the patient having to follow up on appointments, prescriptions, etc. I personally witnessed her verbal abuse to a person who is fighting to live! Next appointment, Dr. Klass was all smiles, but hurtful words cannot be taken back! Dr. Klass is a good person, she is very intelligent and knows her medicine. But the office atmosphere and her current behavior have changed from warm and caring to a factory mentality. Maybe her new patients take up the majority of her time and interest; all I know is that my family feels like we are second-rate these days. Also, office charges have gone through the roof, and everything is blamed on Obamacare. I wish my family member would find a second opinion doctor!

July 2nd, 2012
life saver
treated by Dr. Klass for T-cell lymphona and felt very secure in my treatment. She is a very caring individual and extremely competent physician I would highly recommend her

June 30th, 2012
God send
She has experience, expertise, compassion, caring personality, time, outstanding education, great team player, good ethical sence, well connected with the other faculty members, well respected by colleges, she doesn't mind answering the questions. Her staff love her.

June 25th, 2012
First class!
Dr. Klass was recommended to me by the surgeon who removed a growth from my mouth which was diagnosed as "probably" cancerous. Thankfully, I did not have cancer, but I still had to undergo several tests. She explained everything to me and my husband, what to expect, what to look out for. She also contacted my PCP and kept him informed of what was going on. She encouraged me to maintain a positive attitude, while being honest about the path ahead. My husband and I both were more at ease after our first consultation with her. I recommend her without hesitation.

June 8th, 2012
A physician who really cares...
Dr. Klass is outstanding in every aspect. Her expertise is top of the line and her warmth and caring are amazing. I gather from the reviews that someone's family had an issue. My personal experience is that my spouse has seen and also called her personally to talk about my illness, and she has been very responsive and informative. She never hurries you through an appointment, so she may get a bit behind, but she gives you her total attention.

May 15th, 2012
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS
Dr. Klass is a phenomenal doctor and human being. Anything posted here to the contrary is simply ludicrous. You aren't going to get better care from a more compassionate physician.

March 31st, 2012
I don't recommend this doctor
There are aspects of this doctor that seemed promising at first but within a short I noticed I was better off working with a real doctor that has great knowledge and that has the survival ratings to back it up! I realized that reviews cant be trusted! Shop around and use resources that have nothing to gain- I didn't like this doctor. She seemed nice but would easily lose patience when asked anything about her experience and training. Use google to research who are the best in ga.. According to my research Emory is superior.

February 29th, 2012
SIMPLY, THE BEST!
I am absolutely dumbfounded by the comments of those who say that Carmen Klass is condescending and unfeeling. Carmen Klass is saving my life, not just physically but emotionally as well. She explains the bad and the good, but always focuses on the positive. She knows her stuff, is decisive about treatment plans, flexible with patient's needs and tuned in with other research doctors at hospitals all over the Atlanta area. I thank God every day for getting me to Dr. Klass. If you are lucky enough to have her as your oncologist (ad your advocate), you will see exactly what I mean. There is not a better oncologist in all the world!

July 24th, 2011
Current Patient
Dr Klass is an outstanding Doctor and has been wonderful from beginning to end of my diagnosis and treatment. She's very warm and friendly and supportive, like your own personal cheerleader. I cannot imagine her being condescending. Maybe the prior comments were in reference to her direct manner ... but that does not mean she's insensitive. She spends as much time with you as needed and explains your treatment plan in detail. I would highly recommend her to anyone. I'm happy she's my Doctor and would not want anyone else to be my physician at this emotional time in my life.