Dr. Mihaela Matei MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 20th, 2016
A brilliant and direct oncologist
She is simply the best

February 6th, 2015
she is amazing

March 20th, 2014
The best!
A nurse referred me to Dr. Matei, saying her daughter felt she had received better care with Dr. Matei than at MD Anderson, she is so thorough. I am so grateful to have found her. She is not only well informed and thorough, but she takes her time with you and she really listens, which I think alone is worth its weight in gold. As one of the local doctors said to me, "Dr. Matei will always have your back." That is exactly how I feel about her. I adore Dr. Matei!

May 2nd, 2013
Thank You!
I first met Dr. Matei in 2007 while I was in the hospital recovering from a lobectomy. Although I had a wonderful oncologist at the time, Dr Matei was the Dr. on call that day and insisted on me getting a brain MRI. Unfortunately, it showed that my cancer had metastasized to the brain. Four years later, after my oncologist moved out of state, it was Dr. Matei that I chose to treat me and have been with her for the past 2 years. I will be forever grateful to her for the MRI she requested that day so frequent follow up/tests could be administered. I feel as though I owe my life to her and the wonderful care she has given me over these past few years. I would recommend anyone who wants a thorough, caring oncologist to visit Dr. Matei. She's the best!

October 10th, 2012
Great Doctor
I am an Oncology Nurse and former cancer patient. Dr. Mateitakes great care of me and is also really nice. I like to see her and feel that she is very diligent and careful with my health. She is extremely knowledgeable and always answers my questions patiently.

July 5th, 2012
It is so rare to find a doctor that truly cares about you as a human being and individual. Dr. Matei is just such a rare example of such a doctor. I am glad I no longer have cancer, but I truly miss getting to see Dr. Matei. If my deductible wasn't so outrageous and I could afford a visit, I would see her tomorrow. If there were only more doctors who truly care about their patients like Dr. Matei.I hope she knows what a difference she has made in her patients lives.Thank you Dr. Matei.

June 26th, 2012
Dr Matei is just not the Dr you want to see, that is if you would like to live. She doesn't appear to know very much about her specialty and gets quite angry when questioned. Beware if this is your physician....I would suggest a second and/or third asap!! Plz do not continue to see this Dr