Dr. Carmen Perez-Masuelli MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 18th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Perez is a smart, caring doctor. She has helped with my RA and other problems. She has a lovely bedside manner, but pulls no punches when she thinks I need to do a certain therapy or suggest what might help my situation. She takes a lot of time with me, and actually LISTENS! I'm very glad she is my doctor.

June 18th, 2014
Finally! A doctor who knows what she's talking about!
Im so thankful to have found Dr. Perez-Masuelli. She took the time to listen to my story. She made me feel like I was important. She was upbeat and sympathetic to my pain. Her staff seems to be very friendly from the few times I've been there. Its a big office and they are so busy. Overall, I'm glad my doctor referred me to her.

March 28th, 2014
Great Rheumatologist
I have been seeing Dr. Perez for a few years. She is always very professional and is open to listening to my suggestions regarding my treatment. Sometimes we don't always agree about what I should or shouldn't take but I know that whatever we agree on, she has my health in mind. RA is a very crippling disease and despite my current disability, she continues to encourage me to keep going. Over the past couple of years she has had some staffing changes but her nurses now have been quite helpful. Although I've had to wait for a while to see her, she usually gives me as much time as I need during my visit. When I need to get into see her, I can usually schedule pretty easily with her but if she is full or out I have seen her collegue and she is wonderful also! Every office you go to has issues, noone is perfect but I feel that over the years I've been well taken care of.

January 20th, 2014
Bizarre, Angry, Likely Bipolar
It has been almost a decade since I saw this doctor. I was very confused and borderline suicidal due to yet to be diag'd ank. spondylitis and a rare pelvic neuralgia. I decided to add my comment today when I saw another one that was quite similar to mine. I met her, and blurted out everything I could. She saw some bruises on my body (big dogs new to family). She had a "CSI" style inquiry into them. And then decided to record in my chart the strangest thing: "That I was covered with bruises from rollerblading accidents." Yes: I had mentioned rollerblading because many of my problems began after a bad fall to my left hip in 2001. But I was seeing her in 2005! Imagine my surprise when I looked at my medical records! On top of that, she wrote down that I was bipolar, but didn't have the professionalism to tell me! If she thought that was the case, what good does it do to write in the chart, and never tell the patient! I kindly asked someone in the office who I should speak to about an error in my medical records (That the rollerblading accident had been 4 years earlier, that I was seeing a psychologist who had ruled out bipolar after a lengthy history, and the bruises were irrelevant) They scheduled an appointment for me to discuss this with her. I have NEVER to this day met a doctor so out of control with anger, seething to me that "What did she want me to do: tape record every meeting we had." (uh, yeah, maybe if they are going to be that inaccurate] The following day their office called and my insurance was cancelled. ta da. Healthcare in the trenches of the underbelly of the warzone.

December 13th, 2013
Best doctor. Very caring, takes the necessary time in the room to listen to the patients concerns, gives you options, explains everything thoroughly and is very charismatic. The amount of time you wait to see her is worth it.

November 14th, 2013
Wost Doctor Ever. She is a bully and pushes you to take drugs you do not want to take. she wont listing when you try to tell her that there is something wrong on your chart and she is basing her treatment on the things that are not even yours. I don't think she is a good doctor at all.

June 2nd, 2011
Great Doctor, just overbooked
Can't get followup appointment to review results of multiple test that were performed. Issues that caused the initial visit are still present months later without a clue from anyone of what the tests results showed.

February 22nd, 2017