Surgeon, Urologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Patient (maybe soon to be former)  |  show details
by Don on Jul 17th, 2014

Dr. Kalorin is a great doctor BUT the new phone system is very anti-patient. Since the move to the new location, their phone system does not allow an option to talk with a anyone. You have to leave a message and wait for them to call you back at night at their leisure. I could say a lot more, but I think that is enough.

|  Dr. Kalorin - as good as it gets.  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kalorin by a phsician in whom I have complete confidence and could not have been more pleased with the referral. It was a matter of some urgency and one with which I was completely unfamiliar. Dr. Kalorin had reviewed in advance the file in detail and was able to discuss every aspect of the procedure in clear and simple language. He outlined the options and the pros and cons of each and made a complicated situation clear and a decision process simple. The final decision required a referral by Dr. Kalorin to another physician, but he remained involved and interested throughout. All in all, my experience with Dr. Kalorin and his staff simply could not have been better. As I indicated above, it was as good as it gets.

|  Outstanding Visit  |  show details
by Robert R Barbeau Sr on Oct 12th, 2013

Dr Kalorin is one of the best Doctors I have ever been to in my life of 69 years. He was very thorough and explained everything that was happening to me and his recommended course of action to resolved it. I wish I could have him as my full time Doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

|  patient  |  show details
by Inge S. Poole on Jul 10th, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Kalorin. He is exceptional in every way in a very good way. My treatment and surgery was complex that few in the U.S. could have performed. He took the time to explain things so I could understand. He spent time with family immediately after my surgery and was quick to visit me at the bedside as well as follow ups. Thank you Dr. Kalorin. Raleigh, N. C. is lucky to have you! Inge Poole

|  Protate  |  show details
by Marshall on Jul 5th, 2013

I am so happy my primary physician recommended Dr. Kalorin. He is by far, the epitome of what Doctor should be: Knowledgeable, Kind, Patient, and Caring. I would highly recommend this Gentleman to Anyone!!

|  Rare  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

He spent time with me and listened to my problem. Moreover, he actually seemed to CARE. Very rare these days. Very good experience.

Feb 23rd, 2012

The Capital Urological Associates staff is so informative and caring. Dr. Kalorin is very knowledgeable and explained everything to me so I could understand. I just moved to the area and so happy that I have him and his staff to assist me with my health issues.

Oct 16th, 2011

Dr. Kalorin took time to explain exam results and classifications. He explained all options in detail with outlining pro's and con's of each option and future limitations if any. His nursing staff responded to phone calls promptly and were very easy to talk to in a difficult situation. Surgery was as expected with no problems afterwards. Recovery was better than expected due to his experience in robotic surgery. Great Dr. and Surgeon.

Oct 6th, 2011

Dr Kalorin was great, I had a massive tumor in my bladder. He explained my options. Operated on me and removed the tumor and has checked on me to keep the tumor clear. My outcome has been excellent so far. we just have to keep track of things and hope they stay that way.

|  Care from Dr. Kalorin  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2011

My experience with Dr. Kalorin was exceptional. He was so very kind, caring and helpful in guiding me through my ordeal with early stage prostate cancer. My outcome was excellent regarding no further treatment needed after the surgery for prostate removal. He was direct and totally honest with me from diagnosis to the cure that I believe he achieved.I would highly recommend Dr. Kalorin and the team at Capital Urological Associates to any man facing the condidion that I was diagnosed with.

|  Betty J. Maurer  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

Dr. Kalorin is an outstanding doctor and I owe my life to his quick diagnosis and immediate surgical intervention on my behalf. He has improved the quality of my life tremendously.

Jan 21st, 2011

This Dr. determined my problem, prostate cancer, gave me my options (very clearly explained), removed the prostate and very closely monitored my hospital visit. He is easy to talk with and I would recommend him.

Jan 19th, 2011

Doc Kalorin has been both professional and easy to talk to. Diagnosis seems to be correct, but jury is still out on whether treatment is appropriate. Would not hesitate to recommend to family or friends.

Jan 17th, 2011

Excellent

|  Fabulous doctor, awful office staff.  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2011

Dr. Kalorin is smart and compassionate, taking time to explain things and do his job thoroughly. He is kind in addition to being an excellent surgeon.The nurses and techs are all nice and efficient. The office staff, on the other hand, are beyond rude. The are brisk to the point of being unkind, and they lack any sort of compassion for patients who are in pain or unwell. I despise dealing with them, but put up with it because Dr. Kalorin is so great.

|  Dr.Wonderful  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2010

My first appointment was a pleasant one, Dr. Kalorin was very professonal and attentive to my problem, took the time to answer my questions. And help me with my problem. He seem to be very caring. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Oct 1st, 2010

Clearly communicates diagnosis and treatment options. Follows up via email with research into other alternatives. Excellent!

Jul 15th, 2010

He is tops in my book.. He fixed my problem that another Dr. had been working on for over a year. Thanks

|  Very professional  |  show details
by Patty Jones on Jun 24th, 2010

Dr. Kalorin was very professional and explained each procedure that was done so the patient would feel comfortable. Very glad he is the doctor that took care of my problem.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by William Bell on Jun 12th, 2010

Dr. Kalorin is professional, honest, caring and ethical. His recommendation for treatment of his diagnosis of my case was based on his examination of me, the results of biopsies of me [tested by an independent outside laboratory], my health history and present status, and his consultation with other physicians.

Jun 11th, 2010

Dr. Kalorin has done a fine job for me. He removed my bladder cancer and answered all my questions. The office staff is not very friendly. The nurses are a little better but none of them are as nice or friendly as the nurses at Rex hospital. Just having to go in for cancer surgery is bad enough the office staff at Capital Uro makes it worse.

|  Wish more Doctors were like him.  |  show details
by Michael Earley Sr. on Jun 10th, 2010

I liked Dr. Kalorin the first time I met him and every encounter afterward. He really takes an interest in his patients and their problems. Like so many men I have a prostate problem. I've had a problem for many years but it was not bad enough to treat. ( had not flaired ) When the time came to deal with it I found Dr. Kalorin and knew I was a very lucky man to have somebody this good to treat me. I have confidence in him.

May 5th, 2010

I saw Dr. Kalorin in Raleigh, NC. I was told by several other Urologists that my kidney stones were in locations that could not be treated and I would have to live with them. Dr. Kalorin treated them with a small flexible telescope and a laser and I was stone free after ONE treatment. I did have to come in a week later to have my stent removed in the office (not the most fun procedure), but it was well worth the wait to find Dr. Kalorin. Very pleased, and I highly recommend him.