General Practitioner, Internists
1200 112th Ave NE
Ste B250
Bellevue, WA 98004
425-462-1132
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  if i could give her negative stars i would.  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

She is the worst Dr ever. she serverly over medicated my friend and then my friend went back to try and get off it she wouldn't take her off she just gave her more meds.. she should not be a Dr. expect a lawsuit.do not go to her.

|  The only Doctor I trust- she listens and sincerely cares about her patients  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Gilmore since she started at Minor & James in Bellevue. So it must be 4 or 5 years by now. At that time I was suffering from metabolic syndrome symptoms- at which no other doctors in the area were able to help me with. As a native to Bellevue, it's no secret who the top doctors are in the area- so naturally I made my rounds to each- spending hours in the waiting rooms while they went from one patient to the next. The last straw was when I saw the "Best" Women's Health Specialist and I waited over 45 minutes in the room only to spend 5 minutes with him so he could prescribe 5 different medications. Finally I found Carol. She spent over 60-minutes with me reviewing my symptoms and listening to my pain and discomfort. It turns out I had PCOS and my symptoms were worsening as a result of excess weight I put on. she helped me develop a plan and I lost 30lbs. I am also off that long list of medications. I find Carol to be someone who sincerely cares about her patients and takes the time to get to know them. She continues to be the only Doctor I see and have referred to her; my husband, 3 co-workers, my sister, an old neighbor and 4 friends. Each of them have raved about their care received and her expertise. I can't say enough about her and what she has done for my family and I. She works with a great network of Doctors, who with a combined effort have helped me with sports injuries, pregnancy planning, diet modifications, car accident injuries, general illnesses and general health. Take if from this Bellevue girl- she's pretty awesome. Bethany Kennedy

|  Solved my chronic issues  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

I had been seeing a highly rated Dr. In the area and he was promoted to Chief of Staff and wasn't seeing patients anymore. My wife went to Carol and said that she was a thinker and strategist. So, I gave it a try. Changed my life for the better. She systematically solved my chronic rhinoistis. And care for me so much that I look forward to the annual check up. I used to be at the Dr. office monthly and now no need to go at all, just for routine check-ups. Chronic headaches and skin rashes all gone. Allergies cleared up. I can't say enough about Carol's skill level. If you can become one of her patients you are so lucky. I sent all my winning friends and now they are on the road to recover too.

|  Best Family Doctor in Bellevue  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

Carol has been our family physician for over 7 years now. She has been there through sprained ankles, illnesses and surgeries. We have referred several of our friends to Carol and each come away saying the same thing. She is the best doctor they have ever met with. Carol not only spends the time with you in the office, but also follows up and makes sure that everything is going ok. Considering how overworked internists are these days I honestly don't know how she finds the time to do this for our family - but she does. I would never consider seeing another doctor and if we were to move, or Carol to move, it would be very challenging to see someone else! We consider Carol not only our family doctor, but a friend also. Carol - thank you for taking care of our family!Jason KennedyRenton, WA

|  Awful bedside manner  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr Gilmore has the worst bedside manner that I have ever seen. Besides being cold, I found that she spends every appointment complaining about her own problems. She even told me once that she doesn't make enough money since most of her patients were generally healthy, such as myself! I also noticed that she could not remember who I was from one appointment to the next.

|  She saved my life too!  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2012

Last winter, in Whistler, I injured my neck but did not know how badly I had hurt myself until a couple weeks later. We had a big snowstorm locally and I managed to get to the local mountains again just a few more runs with my daughter. My arm hurt, but I thought it was a pulled muscle, nothing serious. By the next morning I was in such pain from a pinched nerve that I knew I had to get to the doctor. The pain was just unbearable and I could not get myself anywhere on my own. A good neighbor with snow tires took me to Minor and James. The roads were mostly covered with snow, most of the wimps had gone home, but Dr. Gilmore was in her office. She saw me immediately and administered a steroid that calmed the inflamed nerves in my neck and sent me immediately for an MRI. I don't know if I could have made it another day without seeing someone and she was there for me. She's businesslike and caring and gets the job done. She and my regular doctor at Minor and James spent an extraordinary amount of time getting to know me before treating me. Kudos to you Doc! Doug Frazer Bellevue WA.

|  show details
Jun 10th, 2012

I have known Dr. Gilmore was my doctor in Denver and subsequently discovered she'd moved to Bellevue shortly before me and my family had. I have read the anonymous review that said she was crazy and needed to retire. I don't know what that patient's problems are, but nothing could be further from the truth. She is a caring, experienced physician. My faith in her is absolute and I have recommended her to numerous friends and colleagues. They have all told me how much they liked her and thought she never rushed them.I have never believed in annomyous reporting and always discount anyone's report that isn't signed.Jon Butler

|  Dr. Gilmore Saved My Life  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gilmore's for several years. I go to her for routine/annual exams, female issues, neck issues, back issues or sinus infections. I tell her what is ailing me and she has been "spot on" with her treatments in prescribing a medication or physical therapy or referring me to another doctor. I have her to "Thank" most recently in saving my life after an ultra sound she ordered. I had been dealing with upper abdominal pain and she was most thorough in ordering the screening of the upper AND lower stomach/pelvic area. As it turned out, I was diagnosed with Uterine/Endometrial Cancer!! I didn't have the typical symptoms, so I was most thankful I didn't ignore the screening or decide not to listen to her. Dr. Gilmore is most professional, she takes time to listen and she genuinely wants to help you. Her assistant Jill is very efficient as well. I've left messages for her and she calls you back with answers to your questions. "Thank You, Thank You", Dr. Gilmore.Karen

|  She is Crazy!  |  show details
May 11th, 2012

The final straw for me was a 6:30 AM That's in the morning!! Call from her staff!! Who conducts business at 6:30 AM!!?!She does not listen, she talks and you better listen! I found her difficult to work with and too rigid in her way of doing things!I will not be going back!

|  She needs to retire!  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

No communication, I mean really terrible!! lecturing instead of discussing. Could not handle routine care. I could never trust her with any serious medical issues! If you're thinking of seeing her, don't!! There is a reason you can get in to see her and no waiting!!

|  show details
May 1st, 2012

Would not recommend as a physician. Went in for a simple prescription refill. Prefers to focus on her own financial agenda by demanding immediate agreement with high dollar elective tests without any verification of insurance coverage. Seems unable to present herself with a professional demeanor when confronted with a patient who challenges her opinion. I believe 'stupid' was the term she used. As a 23 year patience of Minor & James I'm appalled and made an immediate decision to change Dr's.

|  Dr Gilmore is the Best in her Field  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

I see many doctors each year because of my medical ongoing problems. Dr. Gilmore was able to diagnose me when all others could not. She truly does care about her patients and wants their lives to be all that they can be, not the usual push through the office type doctor. Dr. Gilmore doesn't look to just solve the problem at hand, but she looks through that problem into what can be the deeper lying reason.Seeing Dr. Gilmore has changed my life.

|  Yearly Exam and follow up  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

This is the worst doctor I have ever had in my entire life. I would not recommend her. She may be mentally ill and not properly medicated.

|  Happy I found Her  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2012

Very attentive and caring!