Dr. Carol Bilinski MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 7 reviews

May 14th, 2015
Staff is always so friendly. Never have a long wait time. Doctor always spends the time explaining everything so I understand what is the plan of care.

March 5th, 2015
Wonderful Pediatrician
She is fantastic, highly recommend. I did not initially go to her following the birth of my son. When we took him to his previous pediatrician for his first weigh in at 4 days old they told me he looked jaundiced and to 'watch it' as they were walking out the door after spending barely 5 minutes with us. I was put off from that second and searched for another pediatrician. Was recommended Dr. Bilinski by friends and called the next day and they had me in that afternoon. She spent over 30 minutes in the exam room with me going over everything, even down to discussing my concerns with breastfeeding and assisting me with proper holds while feeding and watching an actual feed so I could have tips on what to do. 4 1/2 years later we still are happy with our decision to switch pediatricians. When my kids are sick she will squeeze us in within 24 hours. The staff is friendly and courteous and you aren't just another 'number' when you walk in there. I recommend her to everyone!

October 29th, 2014
Best pediatrician ever. EVER.
I could write a book about Dr. Bilinski. I could fill an entire chapter full of friends and acquaintances that have switched to her upon my recommendation and love her as much as I do. When it comes to my children, the number one thing is having a doctor who is experienced and SMART. She is both and then some. I trust her implicitly! She often tells it like it is and that is a good thing. To the person who wrote a review about her being the on call doctor for Geisinger, you must have her mistaken for someone else. She is in private practice and would never be on call for Geisinger! Not to mention I was always asking her about potty training and she would constantly tell me to relax. I think you have the wrong doctor! Again, she is amazing. Gets you right in. Wait little to not at all. The office staff is as amazing as she is. She takes her time. I literally can't say a bad thing about her! If you're looking for a pediatrician, you've found her! You won't be sorry!

January 4th, 2011
I do like that Dr. Bilinski trys not to give your child antibiotics that are not good for them. My oldest child was only on one anti as a child and as a teen she is never sick. It can be frustating when they are little but its best in long run. As a doctor she explains everything so that I am comfortable.

December 21st, 2010
Great Pediatrician
Dr. Bilinski is a great Pediatrician. She is caring, knowledgeable, and goes above and beyond for her patients. Thank you Dr. Bilinski!

October 12th, 2009
Great Pediatrician
My daughter was sick with an asthma attack, after taking her to the ER she was admitted with Dr. Bilinsky as her attending, and she was absolutely phenomenal. She explained every thing down to detail for every question that I had. Even when I nagged her about details and explanations for many many many different things, she calmly, and rationally explained them all to me, with patience and caring. She checked in frequently and was exceptionally good with my daughter, something I've discovered is a bit rare for doctors to do with children, my daughter adores her and her staff, and actually looks forward to going to the doctor now.I will recommend her to friends and family, as she is thoughtful, courteous, patient, and well aware of what she is doing, and knowledgeable in her skills. She'll go out of her way to work with you and explain things to you if you take the time to ask the right questions and patient enough to hear the answers.The other review stated a lot of things but I didn't get any of that from her, not once in the last three days was she any thing close to condescending, nor did she act like she 'knew it all. She is has the knowledge, and she will talk like a typical doctor and not always 'dumb' down her speech, but this is expected, I do this in my career filed also, when I explain advanced Systems Engineering to the lay person, it may seem like I'm being condescending when I'm not. When I didn't understand something she was saying, I asked what this means, or what the standard is, or how this affects that, and she was more than patient in explaining these things to me.You can trust this doctor!

September 7th, 2009
She was the On Call Pedi....ugg!
I'm put off enough by this doctor to write a review. My 2 year old son has been treated for encopresis (holding stool) since he was 13 months old. In short, he had a difficult stool to pass at that age, it hurt him so in turn scared him. Whenever it feels like it will be firm, he is afraid to pass it and will hold it. We are still narrowing down the foods that block him, and he sees a wonderful gasteroenterologist at Geisingers Janet Weis clinic, but they were off today (it's Labor Day). I had a question about the current medications he is on, and were going on day 3 of no significant BM, so I called the on-call number for his pediatrician. Dr. Bilinsky happened to be on call. She promptly called me back, however was very curt, and pushy in her opinion that he should be in diapers (he has been potty trained since 21 months old) and that that is why he is afraid to have a BM. I tried to reason with her, that it started at 13 months, and had nothing to do with potty training, but she continued to press the issue. She wouldn't let it go, and seemed to be irritated that I would potty train a 2 year old (gasp!) when in most countries around the world, children are potty trained at age 1!! I'm not sure she realizes the psychological effects of putting a child who has been in underware for 3 months, praised over and over for his success at going on the potty, back in diapers!! Right then and there I thought she was a little nuts! She then began questioning his diet and make assumptions that were completely ridiculous, suggesting changes to his treatment (hello? he sees a specialist for this!) and speaking to me as if I were an idiot. At that point, I was done. I said whatever I needed to say to get off the phone with her. Overall, the experience was very negative, she was not helpful what-so-ever, and came off very condescending. I got off the phone thinking she was a know-it-all recent graduate with no children. I was surprised to find online that she is experienced in the field.