inactive

Carol M Foster MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 14th, 2016
Love Dr Foster
As the grandmother and primary care for my grand daughter, I had looked everywhere for a competent and caring doctor for her. We found Dr Foster thro ...

August 19th, 2015
Doesn't listen, very dismissive
Since my child's condition isn't life threatening, to even see someone at Primary Children's we had to wait a year. Yes, a year. Ridiculous. But, my child's pediatrician kept saying we really should have her seen there because they are the "best." In the meantime, my daughter saw a general doctor and a different endocrinologist, both of whom listened, gave thoughtful feedback, and worked with her. However, when our Primary Children's appointment finally came, I figured we'd better go after waiting a year. So I forked out a bunch of money to have Dr. Foster dismiss everything. "Yes, she has high cholesterol--but I've seen higher." "Yes, she has low T4 thyroid, but I've seen lower." etc. . . I wanted to shout, "Of course you've seen lower and worse. You're an endocrinologist who sees all sorts illnesses. Just because someone isn't about to die, you shouldn't dismiss their ill health. Here's a novel idea, why don't you listen to them now instead of ignoring them, and maybe they won't get to the point where they are about to die!" But I did not shout this because I didn't feel like it would do any good. I very much had the feeling that unless your child is really bad off, this doctor likes to wave her hand give a little grunt--basically her way to tell you this level of "illness" is not worthy of her time. Good grief. Would an oncologist ever say "Yes, you have cancer, but I've seen worse cancer." Regardless if there is someone worse off than you, it's nice to get the care you need. I don't feel we got that. I am sure Dr. Foster has a good heart, but her office manner and attitude was not for me or my daughter.

January 29th, 2015
Office is nice, very hard to get an appointment. We had to wait 8 months to first be seen and then 6 months for follow-up appointment. At that appointment after waiting 30 minutes for the Dr, she spent 2 minutes with us and then said, "see you in a year". They had lost our paper work and she had no idea that we were there to get info on gh shots for our child. She said we'd hear from them in a week but we didn't. We called 2 weeks later for an update and they said they'd call back that afternoon. Waited 2 days and called them again. They hadn't done our new paperwork still. They are nice and friendly, just not on top of things like you want and need your child's specialist to be.

October 7th, 2013
Dr. Foster was my sons Dr. for 4 years from the time he was diagnosed up to the time we moved. She was very thorough, very friendly and answered any questions or concerns I had. She was very good with my son and he loved her to death. We will miss seeing her.

October 25th, 2012
I think Dr. Foster is an excellent caring physician! She answers all of my questions and concerns

June 4th, 2012
I was not impressed with Dr. Foster. My son has a rare condition that she doesn't know much about. Instead of telling me she would need to find out, she kept telling me that I probably know more than her. It felt like a wast of time and $$$.

July 6th, 2011
WONT GO BACK
I took My 9 Year old daughter to Carol Foster in 2010.My daughter has autoimmune dieases,Thyroid Problems and celiac.She told my daughter to get off the soda and go shovel snow,she doesnt drink soda. Everything I know about thyroid problems she told me the opposite. Everytime I tryed to talk and try to explain what my daughter was going through,she would talk over me. She gave my daughter a complex about her body. I went to my family doctor after that and they gave her the best care. I will never go back to her.

March 13th, 2010
Dr.Foster-- the best i've ever had
When I was in the hospital, she made sure that I was well and she definatly cared for me. She would come sometimes with the night nurses to check up on me. In her day visits she would try to make me laugh and was always worries about me.Now as an outpatient I am so glad I go to her. I used to hate going to doctors, but now I don't dread it.I always look forward to it!! She is in my opinion, my best doctor I will always have, she seems just like family because of how much she is kind and non judgemental.She is extremely smart, you could ask her just about any question and she would know!!!!! My visits are always FANTASTIC with her, and when she leaves I get kind of sad because I won't see her for another 3 months.THE BEST. THANK YOU DOCTOR FOSTER FOR HELPING ME THROUGH MY PROBLEMS.