Dr. Carol Hammerbeck Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carol Hammerbeck?

ADHD

ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Carol Hammerbeck?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2015

We Are Not an Easy Group

Bear in mind, most bad reviews you will read regarding any psychiatrist are unfounded. We psych patients are not the easiest bunch to deal with. We do not like change, do not like to be told "no", and just generally do not like to follow "norm" rules. What we do need is structure and accountability. This office now attempts to provide those needs. With all the changes occurring in state regulations regarding what physicians can or cannot do, what prescriptions they may or may not write, its easy as a patient to become frustrated. The problem is our frustration is being directed at the physician and their office, not the system which caused it. Yes, the old office was sad, dingy and run down. The new office is bright and happy. The old office rules? There basically were none. The new office rules hold us accountable for our fees, medications, attitudes and behavior. The doctor is compassionate, trustworthy and spends the time needed with each patient. The staff is courteous and makes every attempt to be accommodating, but at the same time not patsies for typical bull. They will call you out if needed. The docs "watchdogs" I call them, and I respect that more than I would if they were easily manipulated. They are a business, just as Kroger or Big O Tires or McDonalds. So suck it up, stop whining, and receive the treatment you need, not the treatment you want.

June 20th, 2014

Happy patient

Dr Hammerbeck is the doctor you should see if you are serious about your mental health. She meets you where you are and guides you to where you need to be. My life is now full of peace and happiness after having been her patient for several

December 24th, 2013

Things You Should Know about this Doctor

I met Dr. Hammerbeck when a Emergency Room person called her in the middle of the night to see me. I was not her patient, she knew nothing about me (except what the ER person told her). She got out of bed and was at the ER in less than an hour. She immediately knew what to say and what to do. She was with me over an hour as well as time with my husband. We've been through some very hard times together and I'm happy to say I have good times now too. In the years she has been my Doctor she has always been there for me. ALWAYS. She truly treats you the way she would want to be treated. Before I met her, I had heard about doctors that were professionals, (even house calls-(maybe). She personifies the ethics you hear about. I don't know how she can manage it but I truly believe she cares about her patients. Her office staff are very busy and work hard also yet they DO call you back when they say. They seem to know when you call and you do REALLY need something quickly. My experience with other offices has never met that need, I have had several medical problems that Dr. Hammerbeck has seen just during the regular office visit and she's managed to get me to radiology, get me in to see a really great surgeon and have my problem fixed while it still could be fixed. Getting me to see a doctor was NOT easy (and not really her job to arrange all that) but I'm truly grateful that she did and I'm also very grateful for someone I didn't know who called someone else that I didn't know who got out of bed to help a stranger find a way to start the healing process. I have to believe that God had something to do with my finding Dr. Hammerbeck when I needed her the most. She is truly a great doctor and a very caring person. In a bad situation, it really doesn't get better than this. Thank you Dr. Hammerbeck for being you and always being there for me.

March 16th, 2012

horrible

just moved to the area. by far, the worst doctor i have ever seen. was more interested in eating her lunch than finding out about how my new medications were. the office is dirty and ragged. seems that most of the clients are drug addicts because there are signs all over about drug tests. the staff confused me and tried to test me. i am not on any controlled substances or in drug rehab. what a joke.

July 13th, 2011

Dr. Hammerbeck is the best psychiatrist I have ever had! I've been a patient of hers for three years now. She is incredibly compassionate, and really takes the time to get to know you. She does get behind kinda often, and you may not get seen right at the time you are scheduled, but that is because if she has a patient that needs extra time, she won't rush them or tell them to hurry. She will give you exactly as much time as you need. The office staff is great. Her daughter works the front desk and really takes after the doctor, in that she will do her absolute best to get you the help you need. Karla, who does the billing, can come across as a little rude, and very cynical, but deep down I know she actually does care. And she gets stuff done. Its a small office, and very casual. One goes in and immediately feels at home. Dr. Hammerbeck brings her dog in every day, and he is a sweetheart. I don't think he is an official therapy dog, but he is all love and gives great hugs! Overall, Dr. Hammerbecks office is the best office I have ever been treated at, and I would recommend her to anyone.

February 25th, 2011

She's Awesome

I've been a patient of Dr. Hammerbeck's for a little over 15 years now. She knows her stuff, and she knows her patients. One on one, she is excellent and caring... I think part of that extra wait time we sometimes spend in the lobby is due to the fact that she cares enough to sit with her patients for longer than usual, if the patient wants or needs to. She's not a psychologist, so normally I wouldn't expect a lot of our time together to be "chatty" but when I need that extra time for counseling and talking, she is always there for me!

August 21st, 2017