Dr. Carol Hanson DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

March 16th, 2016
Dr. Hanson is a thief. They purposely overcharge you con-insurance and by the time you receive EOBs and request your money back, she is too busy to speak to you and will not return your calls. She is uniformed of well-known psychiatric conditions and believes that large amounts of highly addictive drugs are the answer.

January 20th, 2016
a real quack
she is very unprofessional in her billing practices and handles issues with patients in waiting room in front of other patients. She bills inconsistently for office visits so you must be vigilant in reviewing you bill especially if on a no-copay (high deductible) plan. Then when you ask about it she gets angry & defensive, even cutting your appointment short after you have paid for the visit. She even uses your appointment time to discuss billing instead of the reason your there, and of course wants to charge for the whole half hour visit. She causes a lot of stress & anxiety for her patients that are there to get help for depression/anxiety.

June 23rd, 2015
All about the money
Waited for almost an hour. Doctor Hanson was super rude to her secretary, didn't even acknowledge I was in her office. Once I went inside with the doctor she was caring more about what insurance I had and how much my copayment was. She called bcbs to check my benefits. Took 20 min to do that. Then she kept asking me about how much I payed for my deductible. Honestly she cared more about the money than anything else. Once she prescribed my medication she took me to her secretaries room and asked her to charge me $150 more dollars to my $50 already copayment I had made. Worst doctor I've ever been too. She looked like she was on drugs, she was slurring her words and couldn't walk properly.

June 22nd, 2015
Worst doctor EVER
Worst doctor I've ever been to. Had an appt at 9 am. The doctor was 45 min late. She came in the door scrambling with things in her hands. She looked drunk. Then she started screaming at her secretary (she was so nice and caring) then she just went into her room and slammed the door. The secretary came and ask me if I needed anything, I was honestly ready to go. When the "doctor" decided to come out and attend me she went straight to her secretary office and slammed the door. 2 minutes later she took me in her room and started asking questions really quickly. I was honestly there for 20 min. She prescribed my medication ( which she wrote wrong after 3 tries) she was slurring her words and her eyes were dialated. Then she kept asking me about my copay and insurance. She told her secretary to change me 400$ when my visit was 25$. She is the worst doctor I've ever been to and she needs help!!!

May 14th, 2015
Terrible dr. Didn't tell me she accted Medicaid had to self pay. I'm getting every cent back I've paid!!!!!

April 10th, 2015
Very disappointed didn't listen . To a thingI said gave me medications on oneoneappointment Did not have accurate recordsand could . Not completely fill out my rx after 3 attempts

March 12th, 2015
GREAT VISIT
Great Doctor. Understands and was able to help me with my depression. She listens and helps.

April 17th, 2012
Good to my son
Overall not bad.

May 17th, 2011
I "heart" her!
Dr. Hanson has been treating me for clinical depression for several years. I have grown to trust her implicitly as she has successfully navigated fluctuations in my condition over the years. Recently, my son developed a condition which required medication for tics triggered by anxiety. She was honest in expressing her hesitation to treat a child of his age and proceeded to guide me through the referral process. Typically, I'm wary of "D.O.'s." However, in Dr. Hanson's case, I have absolutely no reservation in referring friends and family into her care.

January 17th, 2011
no confidence
Truthfully, have only met one time. I later found out that information that I had given her was given to a patient after i specifically requested anonymity. I ended up becoming villainized by the doctor and the other patient. She used half truths to cover herself. Since then i have never been back. i have another doctor and a therapist. I have talked to other people and i understand that everyone has different ways of rating a doctor. i do not consider an office manager to have the right to have anything to do with a patient's case except in keeping records.