Dr. Carol Harris MD Patient Reviews

3.6

May 16th, 2016
Patient or victim?
I was a patient at this practice for many years, was being treated by several different nurse practitioners until I was switched to Dr. Carol Harris. I have a very severe and complex pain situation involving my spine and other joints. Because I can not raise my feet to walk properly, I tripped over a rug and fell hard, further aggravating my pain. I made an appointment to see the doctor to see if she could increase my pain meds short term. While I waited I heard another patient yelling at her in the hallway, and the large, male assistant strong-armed him out of the office. She came into my room in a lather and asked why I was there. When I explained about the fall, she told me I was a terrible addict and she would no longer give me pain medicine. She implied I was a crack "wh...re" because I happened to have a pimple and a cold sore that day! This woman has zero compassion, I would not recommend her to anyone. I was treated like a criminal because she was having a bad day!

February 11th, 2015
Felt like I was being looked down upon.
Was scheduled to see Dr. Harris because my regular doctor Dr. King needed to cancle his oppointment with me so because of the accute pain I eas experiencing I asked if I could see another doctor. What a mistake, after answering the new questioneer for 2015 I was thel led into a room wher Dr. Harris's assistand proceeded in taking another 15 minutes asking me the exact questions that I already answered on the form, the was asked where my pain level was (7-8 then), where I would like for it to be (really?) and what for me was tolerable. After the Dr. Came in it was after answering a few of her questions like I began to feel as though She felt like I was some drug addict looking for a fix. She wanted to schedule me for a back injection a few days away and that was fine but I asked her what I was to do about the sever pain until then and she seriously asked me what I expected her to do... She is a pain medicine specialist... REALLY.... All I could do was struggle to stand up and walked out... Went back to the front desk and asked to schedule another appointment with my regular Dr.

April 2nd, 2014
electrician
After a 2 hour wait, the medical assistant finally came in the room to greet me with a unpleasant attitude and a series of questions that I put on the form that I filled out. When I told him one of the medications I was on was hydrocodone he quickly pulled out a cup for a urine test, from them I was treated like some kind of prisoner. When the doctor came in she just looked at her computer and told me exactly what I had already read off of WebMD for bulged disks. She then told me she would put me on Lyrica, when I asked her what affects that would have on my type 1 diabetes she said "oh your a diabetic" which I had already wrote in the form and told the assistant. When I asked how long it would take the Lyrica to alleviate the pain I was quickly told that if I wanted hydrocodone or any other narcotic that I would have to go through a series of drug screenings, even though I hadn't asked for any drugs. She never went over any of my results and she kept saying my bulged disk, even though I have 5 bulged disks and 3 of those distorting my spinal cord. I will not be going back to this doctor or this facility.

February 11th, 2014
Great first visit
Before seeing Dr.Harris, I read these reviews about her.Having never met her, some of the reviews made me a little nervous. Well, I just got back home from having a cortisone epidural done by Dr. Harris at APAC pain management center in Crown Point,I can tell anyone reading this that Dr.Harris is a very nice Dr.I told one of the nurses that I had never met her so, before my epidural, Dr. Harris came out to meet me.She explained the procedure in detail and answered all my questions perfectly.She has a great bedside manner and talked to me throughout the entire procedure, asking me how I was feeling and if I was in any pain.I felt as though she did a great job and will certainly refer her to anyone.

October 5th, 2013
Very good doctor
I was seen by Dr. Harris and I found her to be extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly. She had great bedside manners and was very warm and engaging. I went there for treatment of my lower back pain and I can say that I am back at work and without pain. I respect the fact that she did not throw drugs at me like so many other pain doctors. I would recommend her to any of my friends and family.

March 6th, 2013
Professionaly Apathetic
About 50% of the doctors I have seen make me feel like they are doing me a favor by seeing me and taking mine & my insurance company's hundreds of dollars...this doctor is at the top of that list. She is very professional, but never smiles and doesn't look at you when speaking to you, but instead reads her notes and occasionally glances up to give a short 1-2 word answer. Sometimes, you'll feel that a person is shy and that is why they do not maintain eye contact, this however is more of feeling that I'm not worthy of looking at or paying attention to. With all the note reading you may expect that she would know my allergies (that they have me write down for each and every visit) but no...she will still give an RX for something you are highly allergic to. She is also a huge supporter of samples of brand name RX drugs that cost 100.00+ a month and have no generic. Within 2 visits I was apparently ready for a 2000.00 injection and when I mentioned the cost and questioned alternatives I was unceremoniously blown off... I have had FANTASTIC experiences with other doctors at this office, & they have in my opinion, 1 of the kindest and most sincere pain specialists in the region, Dr. Harris is NOT that doctor, and is a pale comparison at best. If you are looking for a good bedside manner, with patient explanations to your questions and concerns this is NOT the doctor for you.

August 3rd, 2010
Dr. Harris was very rough in her approach which really concerned me. She was professional but maybe I was expecting too much. When I left I wondered if she really cared. I do not really want to leave a doctors office with that question on my mind.