Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile

2.5

Jan 25th, 2016

Worst doctor I have ever experienced! Told me the first time she saw me she could cure me! I don't know if she thought she could psychologically suggest it to go away and I would believe that or what. I was stunned since I had an incurable condition (SEVERE IBS) by all other medical research. I was just there to see if there was anything new that had come out to treat severe IBS with - she then proceeded to schedule me another colonoscopy which I had just had two years earlier with my old GI doc. When my PCP found out she was furious! I spent a year going back and trying all the old meds I had tried the first 15 years with my other GI doc - and I told her every time she brought up a one of these drugs that I had already done that....but she insisted. It was a long and painful year. This doctor was just completely incompetent. AND at the end of this year of trying the things I had already tried - she actually got short and rude with me telling me what I would be experiencing related to my symptoms and when she would need to see me again. I was just stunned. I kept telling her I didn't feel well and that my severe IBS had changed...two months after I stopped going to her - HMMMM I was diagnosed with CANCER. ONE of the tumors was in my GUT. THEN when I called to ask her how chemo might affect me having IBS - she didn't know because she had NEVER had a patient with cancer. STUNNING. Funny that when I went to another GI doc - it took him about 5 minutes to look up the chemo cocktail I was going to have and said it would not be pleasant but to just get through it - and by the way - he had just diagnosed someone else with the same type of cancer I had. I will never get past the trauma that she caused me.

Pass! show details Pass!
Oct 19th, 2015

They want your money. The doctors does not take the time to examine you. I was very disappointed considering how long I waited just to be told oh you should have a procedure. That's where they make their money. I wanted to find a good gastro dr but it sure is not her. Hard to get a hold of people and forget them returning your calls.

DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY HERE show details DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY HERE
by M.V. on Sep 28th, 2015

I was very disapointed in this office. The wait was over an hour just to get back to a room. Then, we waited another 30 or so minutes waiting for the doctor. Who had terrible bedside manner. She did not even look at my complaints. She just wanted to perform surgery. Which turns out I did not even need. Surgery is how they make the big bucks which is obvious to me is all they care about. I had questions but felt rushed. When I made my way to the surgery scheduler, she went over the guidelines pushing for a date for me to schedule. I said I was not sure if I wanted to do it and she said I could schedule now and call if I wanted to cancel. I declined but requested a call back from the doctor or nurse because I still had questions. I was told the nurse or MA would call, I never received a call back. What I did receive was a bill for the remaining balance. Which was a scam. Her billing and coding team decided to bill my insurance for 1 hour office visit when the doctor was in the room maybe 10 minutes and that's pushing it. PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DO NOT WASTED YOUR MONEY AND TIME! I HAVE GOOD INSURANCE SO I AM LUCKY BUT SOME MAY NOT AND BE OUT A LOT OF MONEY. PLEASE BEWARE!!!

Aug 28th, 2015

I would not recommend this office. The doctor is fine but her OFFICE STAFF IS A BUNCH OF MORONS!!!!

patient show details patient
by Karen Messick on Oct 21st, 2014

She was very easy to talk with, was to the point and had great bedside manner after and before procedure.

Didn't even get seen in over a week. show details Didn't even get seen in over a week.
Apr 28th, 2014

My PCP refered me to Dr Mallette in 2011. She couldn't figure out what was causing me to vomit at least twice a week for 6 months. It somehow finally went away. Then I have been having trouble again and my PCP referred me back to Dr Mallette. I had to wait to schedule an appointment on my vacation day. I called the office that scheduled me and verified my appointment time. The lady I spoke to gave me the time and I verified the address. Only the address the lady I spoke to and verified my appointment with was not as the same location as Dr Mallette. She told me the address was 900 W Magnolia. When I got there Dr Mallette was not listed in the window. I walkwalked in and explained I had been talking to them not realizing it was the wrong office. I quickly raced over to the Southwest location and was told on the phone it was too late and that there was no grace period to be late. I asked if they could call and verify with the other location that I was there. They were rude and said no it would have to be rescheduled. They placed me on hold while I was still driving and hung up on me twice. Well the second time was the last time I needed. I called my pcp to send me ANYWHERE but there!