Dr. Carol Naranjo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 24th, 2015
Unprofessional and
Dr. Naranjo was extremely unprofessional and made me uncomfortable. I had cysts removed from both armpits which after her surgery left me having damaged nerves and the problem coming right back. Having her lance on of them was the worst experience. I was rushed into the room, she was running late for another appointment. I was scared and she gave me two seconds to decide if I wanted to do this or not stating "you need to figure it out, I have another appointment to go to". I just let her do her job but that was a mistake she was rushing which didn't allow the Novocain to settle and I could feel everything. I left the office crying after she just ran out of the room. She is rude, unintelligent, unprofessional and left me with more medical issues then I had before I saw her.

June 22nd, 2015
PPH Surgery Success
Dr. Naranjo performed a PPH surgery on me due to infected, prolapsed hemorrhoids. Dr. Naranjo recommended that I take fiber supplements daily, and I have tried to watch what I eat as well. The fiber has made a huge difference for me, almost entirely eliminating the IBS type symptoms that I’ve dealt with for years (and which almost definitely resulted in the hemorrhoids in the first place). I have had no reoccurrence of the hemorrhoids at all, and I feel happier and healthier than ever. The surgery that Dr. Naranjo recommended and performed on me was fantastic. She was helpful and honest with me, and patiently answered all of my questions. It has made a huge and lasting difference in my life. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about how lucky I was to have had Dr. Naranjo as my surgeon. She is highly recommended.

June 1st, 2015
Great doc!
Professional, courteous, attentive and knowledgeable.

May 5th, 2015
I was very impressed with Dr. Naranjo, she's very direct and knows her stuff!

May 4th, 2015
Excellent surgeon!
Excellent experience! I have been to several doctors over the past 5 years due to an ongoing issue with my bowels. I have been at best uncomfortable, and at worst miserable. Dr. Naranjo has been compassionate, attentive, smart and helpful in all of my dealings with her. I could not recommend her any higher. If I could put down 10 stars, I would. I feel like I have a new start in my health. Thank you!

May 1st, 2015
Waste of time
Dr. Naranjo was terrible. The only good thing was not waiting long. Overall, she is not professional and the staff were unfriendly as well. I asked her a question and her response was "you need to see a plastic surgeon" and walked out of the room....no goodbye or have a nice a day. I only saw her for 5 min. It was a complete waste of my time. Instead of being so concerned when the last appointment is...she should be more concerned with her patients!

March 26th, 2013
Excellent!
Great doc! I was nervous about a surprising medical issue, and was referred to Dr. Naranjo to get it taken care of. After a short wait, in strode this tall confident woman who immediately assessed my medical situation, determined a plan of action, and explained to me in plain language what I was to expect for surgery, and the probable outcome. The risks were laid out, which I really appreciated. She was confident in her abilities, and so was I. Turns out, we were both right! I'm completely happy with my surgery, my recovery, and would highly recommend this skilled surgeon to any of my family and friends. She may not be "warm and fuzzy", but I prefer a take-charge attitude, and the skills to support it.

August 14th, 2012
excellent physician
she is not warm and fuzzy but she appears to be highly skilled in what she does. she appears knowledgeable and explains everything. she followed up as necessary.

March 20th, 2011
Terrific doctor!
I was referred to Dr. Naranjo a month ago for my hernia repair, and I can't say enough about the high quality of care, time, and compassion that was shown to me by Dr. Naranjo and her staff. I hate the thought of going to Boston for my care, and I'm so grateful to have a good surgeon here on the North Shore. I will recommend her to all of my family and friends.

January 10th, 2011
Excellent doctor. Very smart, but able to explain in everyday language. Friendly and funny, compassionate and caring. Would highly recommend to family and friends.

August 20th, 2010
She Suprised me !
Genuine, Funny, Honest and a straight shooter, I like her and her approach to patient care. She really feels like MY doctor and, although I just met her, she is much like myself and I could easily call her friend.

June 4th, 2010
Rude, Offensive, Demeaning and Callous
I have never felt so violated in my life the accusations and total lack of feeling on the doctors part were inexcusable. The way in which I was spoken to by the doctor shows a total lack of professionalism. The doctor had no bedside manner, her blatant ranting of which I had no knowledge, talking about pain killers, and to get up and walk. She had no idea I was a breast cancer survivor nor did she know of my other medical issues. Calling my pcp to say that I had checked out without meds which was not true and telling her I had a narcotic problem is unfounded. Dr. Naranjo seriously damaged my reputation and I am still emotionally damaged.