Carol L Olnick MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.4
  • 6 reviews

December 23rd, 2014
What a joke
"Doctor" Olnick diagnosed my mom with a sinus infection and bronchitis. A month later she died from lung cancer and a tumor in her liver the size of a grape fruit. Don't play doctor if you don't care about people. Money, money, money. I'll never forget her carelessness and how cold she was the night my mom died. Thanks Olnick. I'm only giving 1 star so this review actually shows up. Don't go see this woman, she doesn't care about you just your money.

September 22nd, 2013
my dr had left the practice and somehow I got stuck seeing dr olnick! my experience with her was the same as the other reviews. gave me a pill that I didn't want and when I complained about the side effects, she said the pill couldn't cause those side effects. before I took the pill and when I stopped taking it, I was fine. every follow up apt, she became more arrogant, rude, and acted like I was bothering her! isn't that what I'm paying her for? finally, left the practice and couldn't be happier! I thought it was just me at first, but I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who had issues with her!

April 17th, 2013
Awful
I'm not sure why Dr. Olnick chose to be a doctor, because she is really awful at communicating w/ patients. She has a terrible bedside manner, doesn't listen, speaks over you and lacks any empathy. I could go over the details of my visit, but they are very similar to the other comments outlined here. I switched PCP's after my visit with her.

July 26th, 2010
Do not see Dr. Carol Olnick if you care about your health!
Six years ago my mother was feeling sick and loosing a lot of weight. She went to see her Doctor, Dr. Carol Olnick who at that time was at the Derry Medical Center. Each time my mother came home she said the doctor said there was nothing wrong with her. My mothers weight was at 83lbs. The next time I went to the doctor with my mother. Dr. Carol Olnick ask me what I was doing there. I told her that I was worried about my mother. The notes she was writing down were just not correct. She told me that there was nothing wrong with her except she needed a phyciatrist. She never did any tests. This had been going on for 5 months. I ended up taking my mother to another Doctor. My mother had cancer. By this time it was too late for her. Her cancer was spreading rapidly. She died a few months later. My mother may have lived if she received proper medical care from the beginning. This woman should not be allowed to keep her medical licence. Other doctors at this same facility new there was a problem. Another doctor at this same facility examined my mother and they were the ones that diagnosed her. You did not need to be a doctor to know this woman was in serious ill health. I did nothing about this at the time, I was just to emotional and nothing would bring her back. If anyone cares about their health, do not see this doctor!

March 5th, 2010
She is Terrible
Dr Olnick has terrible bedside manner, does not listen and orders needless tests. She actually laughed at me when I told her that I was concerned about a lump I found in my breast. Don't bother with her.

November 4th, 2009
My Dr. left the facility I had been going to for the last few years , so I needed to find a new Dr. I hadn't been to a Dr. for a while , and had been having some odd body/health issues that I wanted to find out about , and my friends and family had been urging me to see a doctor for . My friends recommended that I make a list of the things that were happening and bring it to my new doctor (which sounds reasonable to me , your Dr. *should* know what's going on with you , right ?) so I could find out what was going on with me . At my first visit with Dr.Olnick , I tried to talk to her about these things and took out the list so I would remember everything . It really wasn't a long list , maybe 5-7 things that I thought were probably nothing serious , but wanted to know what they were and what to do about them . Apparently , having made a list of (I will quote here from her office notes) "multiple , multiple issues" , I was obviously a hypochondriac . She zoomed in on the first thing I brought up , prescribed a pill , asked if I wanted another pill to help me sleep , brushed off the next two things I tried to ask her about , and wouldn't even LET me get to anything else . I thought it was because I was the last appointment of the day and she was tired and hadn't had lunch , so she was rushing . The next appointment , I didn't bring a list , but it was the same thing . I was irritated , but didn't really get what was going on until I read her office notes . She painted a pretty clear picture of what she thought of me there . She made me sound as ridiculous as she could without actually using the word "hypochondriac" , and even put in things I told her that were the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what I actually told her , to make me sound even worse . And I'm pretty sure she doesn't even think I *have* the issue she's medicating me for , by the way she worded things . Maybe she figured if she just gave me a pill for it , it would shut me up ? She hasn't followed up on it either , I just call every month to renew the prescription . And I believe you're supposed to have some kind of counselling to go along with the meds for this . There was no testing , just a few questions , and she prescribed a pill . After that , she wanted nothing more to do with me . She had done her dcotorly duty and fixed my problem . So now I won't go to her for ANYTHING , and I'm trying to find a new doctor , but after they read her office notes , they'll think I'm ridiculous before they even talk to me . I really don't know what to do with this . Why would someone become a doctor if they don't actually want to BE a doctor ? And why assume someone is a hypochondriac because they aren't completey "normal" ? If it's not worth the hassle to find out what's going on , you need a different career path I'm thinking . I need a REAL doctor , who listens without judging , and looks into the issues to make sure there really is nothing going on . Apparently , caring about your patients went out with the House Call .