Dr. Carol Piatt MD Patient Reviews

Very sincere
Excellent term.

October 30th, 2014
excellent
I was referred to Dr. Piatt by my primary care doctor because he said she was the best medical dermatologist in this area. She was very clinical and visual and patient. She gave me the diagnosis that 3 other dermatologists have missed for the past 6 years. I refer all my friends to her now.

February 28th, 2014
Extraordinary knowledge; The Best in Metro D.C.
All I'll say is that Dr. Piatt is the only dermatologist I'll ever see again. After visiting 7 other doctors and suffering 4 years of needless pain and discomfort, an oncologist friend said to just give up on the doctors in my insurance plan and go see Dr. Piatt. Dr. Piatt accurately diagnosed my condition on the first visit. Her follow-up and the attention given to me by her office staff was extraordinary. Yes, she doesn't participate in any insurance plans, but I see why. She's the best, most knowledgeable doctor in the Metro D.C. area. 5 stars.

July 12th, 2012
Saved my life
Dr. Piatt found a melanoma during a regular skin exam, took a biopsy because "it looked suspicious", and found that I had melanoma cancer. It was removed before it could spread to other areas of my body. So she literally saved my life. Her level of medical care exceeds all other medical dermatologists in the Metro D.C. area because she doesn't accept insurance. If you go to Dr. Piatt, it's because you want the best medical attention available. This is the kind of medical practice that's threatened by Obamacare. Hope she can stay open and continue to see me and my family.

March 22nd, 2012
I have been a patient of Dr. Piatt's for many years. I have recommended her often, including to a friend who is a physician who was very pleased also with her practice and professionalism. Although I usually only go to Dr. Piatt for routine skin checks, the one time that I had a raging case of poison ivy she was able to get me an office visit immediately. Her office staff is always friendly and extremely helpful. Dr. Piatt is one of the few doctors that I don't dread having an appointment with.

August 25th, 2011
the best medical dermatologist in the Metro D.C. area, hands down
OK, I'm biased because she saved my life by discovering and removing a huge skin cancer. She doesn't participate with insurance companies and it doesn't matter to me. She's a specialist and her patients need to see the best. The extra $20 out-of-pocket I pay because of my cheap insurance company doesn't matter if I can be seen by someone like Dr. Piatt. The office seems to be well run, too, because I've always been seen exactly when I'm scheduled.

October 24th, 2009
It's simple. Dr. Piatt saved my life. She's the skin cancer specialist for Northern Virginia and the Metro D.C. area. Her examination revealed skin cancers that I had no idea were there. I now go back every 6 months for free skin exams.

August 10th, 2009
restaurant owner
Dr. Piatt reminds me of the way doctors used to practice medicine. She spends time with patients, listens, and explains everything clearly. You have as much time as needed. Her office runs on time which is a big help. The office does not take insurance, but you get all the paperwork and can file it yourself. The difference is that you get to see perhaps the best, most knowledgeable medical Dermatologist in the area for an out-of-pocket cost of whatever, maybe $25. So it's more than worth small expense. Highly recommended.