Dr. Carol Semrad MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 6 reviews

June 12th, 2015
Disappointing
I missed a train and was 30 minutes late for an appointment. Dr semrod refused to see me, though I called to say I'd be late and spent an hour and a half taking a train and taxi to see her. When I read reviews about how long she has made patients wait, it's hard to believe how quickly I was dismissed. I asked for a referral to a nutritionist closer to my home and was told semrod wouldn't give me one because she hadn't seen me. I just wanted a recommendation to a good nutritionist. Not sure why that required a visit with Semrod. A wasted and costly morning.

October 6th, 2014
Dr Semrad was extrememly rude and condescending when I spoke with her. Terrible!

March 20th, 2014
Horribly Disappointed after waiting almost 6 months to see her
Did tons of research to find the BEST celiac Dr in Chicagoland. Waited almost 6 months for an appointment, and what a waste of time. Never waited less than 30 minutes past my appointment time to see her, it took a month in between basic tests, and took weeks to get test results that are back in days. No calls or emails returned for days, and when I finally wrote her a personal email to complain about how poorly I thought my case was being manages, I got no reply at all. So I gave up, and dont know where to go next.

December 12th, 2011
Best Doctor Ever
Dr. Carol Semrad is one of the best Doctors a have ever been to. I have been sick since I have been 24 and now am 52 yrs old. About five years ago I saw her and I was in very bad shape and was not eating or able to drink even water. Dr. Semrad had a TPN Feeding tube put in my chest. I went from 95 lbs to 135 with in six weeks. Over 5yrs late I still have the feeding tube and will for life. This was all from cancer treatments in 1980's Which saved my life at a high cost. Then years later, to find Dr.Semrad an angle sent from GOD she saved my life. SHE IS THE BEST! and I have seen many Doctors over many years and none can compair to her.. If you need a Doctor inthe GI/Food area She is your doc.

September 20th, 2011
bad experience
She was really rude and inconsiderate to me the last visit I made. She was an hour late to begin with. When I voiced my concerns about my Celiac Disease and gluten free diet, she told me that I was "paranoid" and that I needed "psychiatric evaluation." What is worse is she kept berating me. My mom and I had been nothing but courteous to her but she must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. She kept scolding me and was wasting her own time! My mom and I were very taken aback by how she treated me. She knows a lot about Celiac Disease but she had no bedside manners. I refuse to see a doctor that treats me with such a lack of respect.

May 10th, 2010
I was extremely impressed by the level of concern and care I received from Dr. Semrad.