A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carol Shields:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carol Shields is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shields
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Shields Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carol Shields, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 32 areas:
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Choroid Diseases
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Conjunctival Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Iris Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eyelid Cancer
- Iris Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Neovascular Glaucoma
- Optic Nerve Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Shields graduated from University of Pittsburgh . She has 20 awards.
Dr. Shields has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Jefferson Regional Medical Center - Pittsburgh
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carol L Shields MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Carol L. Shields practice?
- Dr. Carol Shields has 1 office location.
Dr. Carol Shields practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.