A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carol Shields:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carol Shields is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carol Shields, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 31 areas:
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Choroid Diseases
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Conjunctival Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Iris Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Eyelid Cancer
- Iris Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Neovascular Glaucoma
- Optic Nerve Cancer
- Orbital Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Shields graduated from University of Pittsburgh . She has 20 awards.
Dr. Shields has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Jefferson Regional Medical Center - Pittsburgh
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shields accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Carol L. Shields practice?
Dr. Carol Shields practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.