Dr. Carol Swanson Is this you?

Crazy about Dr. Swanson, not so crazy about reception

Posted on April 19th, 2013

We love Dr. Swanson! She saved our son's life when he had a serious viral illness once...THANK YOU. She is also very experienced with breastfeeding and has supported our decision to extend breastfeeding into the toddler years and beyond. We appreciate that she speaks directly and not condescendingly to our kids as they grow older, and that she works with us on preventative care, safety issues, and encourages exercise/sports participation. For a few issues she's suggested doing things the evidence-based/"european" way, for example taking a "wait and see" approach before giving antibiotics for ear and eye infections. (For both our kids infections cleared up on their owns without antibiotics.) However please be aware that if you don't want to vaccinate or you want to use an alternative schedule, this clinic will not accept your kids as patients. Nor does Dr. Swanson do Complementary and Alternative Medicine. For us this approach is just what we were looking for, but I understand that for other more "crunchy" mamas and papas she would not be a good fit, despite her interests in breastfeeding and preventative care. Finally, it pains me to say it, but the reception at this clinic is pretty bad. They have been rude and "forgetful" on way too many occasions for my liking. Note to the doctors, consider having a talk with your receptionists on their manner.

Uncaring money driven office

Posted on February 8th, 2013

I would never recommend this office to anyone. Dr. Swanson has been my children's pediatrician for 4 years. I have a 5 year old girl, a 2 year old boy, and a 6 month old boy. Honestly, I have no idea why we stayed bc they really don't care about us. First of all, if ur child is sick there is a 2% chance you can be seen same day. Office staff is always rude and has absolutely no empathy at all, for kids. Today though, Dr. Swanson's office really crossed the line. We had a bill from them that was overdue. We did pay it, but we were simply trying to make sure that our insurance was not responsible to pay it. Once we determined that it was our responsibility, we paid it in full. After it was paid, my little baby boy had pink eye, so my wife called over to make an appointment, ad she was told that ALL 3 of our children had been dropped as patients, even though the bill was paid in full! They would not even discuss the issue, or see our baby with pink eye. No notice was given prior. We were were never told what the policy was. Swanson has never been my favorite, but my kids trusted her, and she dropped 3 little kids and longstanding patients over a little late payment that had been paid at the time my kids were dropped. Terrible doctor. No compassion. Should not happen to such cute kids. We will find another pediatrician who cares

Find another doctor

Posted on October 18th, 2012

What a horrible experience we had with Dr. Swanson. When my wife was pregnant with twins, We did our homework to try to find a good pediatrician. Through some friends we heard how wonderful dr. Bianchi was and with their recommendation and with a little more than a month to the delivery date, excitedly scheduled our babies first appointment for their date of delivery at northwest hospital. On the morning of their delivery ( my wife delivered by caesarean ) our son was fine but our daughter was born with complications. Later that morning as tried to gain some understanding of our daughters condition and while we waited for Dr Bianchi to arrive, Dr. Swanson walks in introduces her self and coldly tells me that she is unable to see our children because we had a collection due with whatever medical group casas adobes is affiliated with. She never stopped for a second to check the condition of our daughter and basically left almost as quickly as she came in. We then with the help of the nw hospital nursing staff scrambled to find another pediatrician and were able to schedule an appt the next day with another doctor. As it turned out, the following morning when our new pediatrician showed up and after she performed her initial exam, on her recommendation our daughter was rushed to UMC Diamond Center where she spent a month in ICU. It really disgusts me that a pediatrician could be so cold to a innocent child. Our daughter who has special needs is healthy now no thanks to Dr Swanson who because of her lack of humanity caused our daughter to go untreated for 24 hours. Later on I did investigate what the bill was we owed to this group and it turned out it was a lousy 30 bucks from a copay my wife didn't know she owed ( we have since paid the bill). Dr Bianchi may very well be a great doctor ( as we never dealt with him) but his colleague Dr. Swanson is a horrible woman who needs to re read the Hippocratic oath. I have read the glowing reviews of this woman and sincerely wonder if they are fakes. I also point out that had the inept staff at the Casas Adobes office is also not without fault as they had plenty of time to alert us to the existence of the unpaid bill. I recommend finding another doctor. Good luck.

Excellent!

Posted on April 19th, 2012

Dr. Carol Swanson is an excellent Doctor! We have never waited more than 5 in the lobby. She's happy, she smiles, she cares and we always leave the office with a smile! Would never take my 3 children anywhere else!

Great doctor!

Posted on May 6th, 2010

Dr. Swanson has been my children's doctor for many years and I always appreciate her willingness to be collaborative. I also like how she spends lots of time on appointments and takes your concerns seriously.

Posted on April 24th, 2015