Obstetricians & Gynecologists

Women & Infants Hospital
101 Dudley St
Providence, RI 02905
401-274-1100
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  No satisfied  |  show details
by M on Jan 25th, 2014

My husband and I found Dr. Wheeler to be very condescending. Any time we asked a question she appeared to us, to be annoyed and told us we could speak to the nurses if we wanted an answer. When we became pregnant (not due to any of actions of Dr. Wheeler). We were called and told we would be miscarrying and was told by her staff "Get ready for one humdinger of a period." No one ever gave us any condolences or empathy. The office never called us back to follow up after we miscarried. We have not heard from them again. My MD refereed me because she was under the impression that Dr. Wheeler is one of the top docs. I have to say I felt she had no bedside manner what so ever and she did not explain any procedures to our satisfaction.

|  35 year old mom  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2010

I am one of Dr. Wheeler's patients, and VERY satisfied. Some things of note: Easy to get first appointment (as well as subsequent appointments) Nurses / doctors respond to questions SAME DAY, and you can leave a message with the answering service and they will call you back Scheduling of appointments and schedule for taking meds is clearFinance department well organized, and deal with the insurance company on your behalf - you will know the cost for a cycle BEFORE you begin IVF lab technicians are excellent - they will explain in detail the status of embryo(s), answer all questions, and are very patient ALL staff is courteous and professional and VERY responsiveThere are at least 3 other doctors in the practice - they do rotate procedures, so not all of my procedures were done by Dr. Wheeler. However, all consultations and planning were done with Dr. Wheeler. I have found other doctors in the practice to also be professional, courteous, and very good at what they do.My first cycle was IVF - doctors and nurses were very attentive, calling me to check on me a few hours after my egg retrieval. I did suffer from OHSS, and Dr. Wheeler saw me every 1-2 days during that time, and the nurses followed up with phone calls. I gave birth to a healthy baby, who is now 2 years old.Due to my experience with OHSS, Dr. Wheeler recommended IVM in place of IVF for my next cycle - this was a much easier process, and now I am pregnant with my second child. I highly recommend this practice to anyone struggling to become pregnant. However, I caution any person seeking fertility treatment that the process is physically and emotionally difficult.

|  Dr.wheeler is an angel  |  show details
by Milqueya on Jan 24th, 2009

after so many years of trying to conceive Dr.Wheeler helped usand she was so good and patient with us I thank GOD eveyday for our miracle and i prey for Dr.Wheeler every day of my life because i am eternally greatful for what she did for me and my husband.My son is now 3.5 years old and we are going back a sencond time to see if Dr.wheeler can help us again.She is the best she is a miracle maker.thank you Dr.wheeler and GOD bless you and your family.

|  show details
Sep 19th, 2008

no action taken to a diagnosis of endometriosis