Dr. Carol Winton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5
  • 6 reviews

November 15th, 2012
She is there to make money
Beware!! This MD will ask her assistant to take a coupon of regular digital pictures of your eyes and file a roughly $100 per picture claim to your insurance company as 'diagnostics'. You will find out after you get your insurance bill.

August 2nd, 2012
Previous reviews are right. All tests are done by assistant.And same thing happened - She was in urge to leave the room cutting our conversation and questios off (This was being said - "I had procedure to do and there is candy for your kid at the exit. Bye."). You feel like you are kicked out of the room.

August 18th, 2011
She seemed to be more concerned about what the insurance would pay, rather than discussing my concerns and suggesting what needs to be done for my child's condition although I mentioned on a few occasions that the payment was not an issue.

January 25th, 2010
My overall experience is disappointing. I actually liked how one of her assistants handled my 4 year old boy at the beginning. George was friendly, funny and seems knowledgeable. So I was thinking that the doctor herself would be even more impressive. However, I have to say that I have little to report in terms of how Dr. Winton actually is because she probably spent at most 5 minutes with us. She seems more interested in recommending an optometry and makes sure we come back for follow-up appointments even though she already knew that we went to her for a second opinion.I found her because of a positive review I saw on Yelp. Regret it tremendously.

January 19th, 2010
Worst appointment ever
All the tests were done by assistants. She just came for 2-3 minutes that too for my twin boys spending 1-2 minutes for each. One of my sons had to undergo surgery and a particular eye test was recommended by the surgeon. She read all the papers(I suppose), After that didn't say a word about that test. When we were just leaving, I thought of asking her again about that test, then she realised it was something imp and told us she would do that test again. spent another 2 minutes and our appointmnet was done. No followup or any test results were discussed with us.

March 31st, 2009
Does not spend enough time
Asst does all the tests and she was in urge to leave the room cutting our conversation and questios off.