Dr. Carol Ziel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 20th, 2016
N/A
She did my cataract surgey on both of my eyes and i must say its the most painless surgery i have ever had i would highly recommend Her.

July 29th, 2016
Operation was no improvement
Went to her for a "normal" cataract operation on my right eye. My vision did not improve; in fact, it became worse; I now have a "bubble" in the eye, right in the center of my vision. On a follow-up she said she couldn't see it. I then went to Dr. Greg Temas who did see it and lasered a few floaters but didn't it improve my vision. I wish I had the cataract back.

January 14th, 2016
Very good at explaining the surgery I was going to have. All my questions were answered.

December 5th, 2015
Amazing doctor all the way around!

January 3rd, 2014
The office is ALWAYS crowded and i almost ALWAYS have a long wait. First appt. in the morning is the best. The wait times are due to office policies. Dr. Ziel ALWAYS remembers me, acts in a professional manner, is brisk when the office is busy, but is willing to address my concerns. My cataract went well, although I was slower to recover than some due to my corneal disease.

November 7th, 2012
My impressions of this physician match those of 7 of the 8 reviews I find here and I agree that out of a possible four stars she rates two stars at most. The receptionist warned me I would be at the office for about two hours but said that Dr. Z spends "a LOT of time with patients." Not. I waited for half an hour or so in the crowded waiting room and another 20+ minutes in the examining room, which was cramped, cluttered and poorly lighted. I was holding my handbag in my lap and upon arrival she instructed me to put it on the floor behind the examination chair. Perhaps because I am young (60)and my cataracts are not yet severe, she had little patience for my concerns. Perhaps if I were elderly and had brought a friend or family member/advocate with me Dr. Z would have been more friendly and respectful. She made a point of noting that my (excellent) opthalmologist, who wisely advised me to get a second opinion, is not an MD. Finally, she advised me to make it a practice to wash my face (?!) and come back and see her in a year. Total time she spent with me: about 10 minutes. This was hands-down the worst doctor visit I've ever had, including when I went for a gynecological exam at the age of 18 and the elderly male MD brought in a male med student to do a practice vaginal examination (surprise!)on me.
Doctor's Response

I am not able to respond due to HIPPA laws.

October 11th, 2011
Friendly and Caring and good staff
I never waiting that long, and I think Dr. Ziel is a very caring and friendly doctor. Highly recomend her if you need to have cataract surgery.

August 1st, 2017