Dr. Carol Ziel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carol Ziel?

September 26th, 2017

Cataracts removed from both eyes one yr. apart

I did not really realize just how bad my vision was until I visited her office and then she performed the laser surger and put in the implants. It was like night and day to me at once. 1 Yr. later or so we did the other eye and I could not believe it, it was like I had my eye sight I enjoyed back in my twenties as a young man. Dr. Ziel was very forth coming, from start to finish and fully explained procedure to me before and during so I never got the least bit nervous and it was done so quick. I never had then or since any problem(s) due to the surgery and implants. I recommend her 100% to any and everyone. Doug Styers Walkertown, N.C. 27051

November 20th, 2016

N/A

She did my cataract surgey on both of my eyes and i must say its the most painless surgery i have ever had i would highly recommend Her.

July 29th, 2016

Operation was no improvement

Went to her for a "normal" cataract operation on my right eye. My vision did not improve; in fact, it became worse; I now have a "bubble" in the eye, right in the center of my vision. On a follow-up she said she couldn't see it. I then went to Dr. Greg Temas who did see it and lasered a few floaters but didn't it improve my vision. I wish I had the cataract back.

January 14th, 2016

Very good at explaining the surgery I was going to have. All my questions were answered.

December 5th, 2015

Amazing doctor all the way around!

January 3rd, 2014

The office is ALWAYS crowded and i almost ALWAYS have a long wait. First appt. in the morning is the best. The wait times are due to office policies. Dr. Ziel ALWAYS remembers me, acts in a professional manner, is brisk when the office is busy, but is willing to address my concerns. My cataract went well, although I was slower to recover than some due to my corneal disease.

November 7th, 2012

My impressions of this physician match those of 7 of the 8 reviews I find here and I agree that out of a possible four stars she rates two stars at most. The receptionist warned me I would be at the office for about two hours but said that Dr. Z spends "a LOT of time with patients." Not. I waited for half an hour or so in the crowded waiting room and another 20+ minutes in the examining room, which was cramped, cluttered and poorly lighted. I was holding my handbag in my lap and upon arrival she instructed me to put it on the floor behind the examination chair. Perhaps because I am young (60)and my cataracts are not yet severe, she had little patience for my concerns. Perhaps if I were elderly and had brought a friend or family member/advocate with me Dr. Z would have been more friendly and respectful. She made a point of noting that my (excellent) opthalmologist, who wisely advised me to get a second opinion, is not an MD. Finally, she advised me to make it a practice to wash my face (?!) and come back and see her in a year. Total time she spent with me: about 10 minutes. This was hands-down the worst doctor visit I've ever had, including when I went for a gynecological exam at the age of 18 and the elderly male MD brought in a male med student to do a practice vaginal examination (surprise!)on me.

Doctor's Response

I am not able to respond due to HIPPA laws.

October 11th, 2011

Friendly and Caring and good staff

I never waiting that long, and I think Dr. Ziel is a very caring and friendly doctor. Highly recomend her if you need to have cataract surgery.

August 1st, 2017