Carola H Fleener, MD
Video profile
3920 Bee Ridge Rd
Sarasota, FL 34233
941-923-3667
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Judy's Book.
 |  Horrible She doesn't like kids.. for real  |  show details
by anna on May 27th, 2014

OMG. I read all reviews here and I decide go with her anyway to see whay happen, and OMG she was super rude with my kid like if she doesn't like kids,and she didn't explain why he was sick, she just said he will be better in 2 weeks, just wait, no medicine,np nothing, I was so mad to this old lady, I don't recommend her.

|  Long wait, confusing diagnosis and treatment.  |  show details
by Corola Fleener on Mar 6th, 2014

The worst doctor I have met so far! First of all, no hands washing or sanitizing before checking my son. The toys in the room were so dirty that the wipe I have used to clean them came up BLACK! The diagnosis was confusing: after a treatment with antibiotics my baby has a little left over cough which doctor her self said it "norma" in our situation, but at the same time she prescribed antibiotics. After I boubt the necessity of the second round of antibiotics "just in case", she said that I am telling her what to do at her age and with her experience. She was NOT nice at all. That was after and hour wait! At the end, I was leaving the office stressed and confused, and was unclear to me if my sun's condition is serious enough to be treated with antibiotics or it is a "normal condition". So I have seen two other doctor and they both said there is no need in any medication. To be fare, I did like the practice it self with separate "well children" room. I was nicely painted and had some video games in the hall.

|  FANTASTIC!  |  show details
by Chris Roberts on Dec 14th, 2013

Dr. Fleener is a bulldog - she will stop at nothing to help your child! She has been taking care of my daughter for 12 years. Just before high school, My daughter got extremely suddenly ill and we were referred to Dr. Fleener by our primary care who did not feel they had the ability to handle the case. Dr. Fleener pulled out all the stops and got us referrals to specialists as necessary right away, including All Children's in St. Petersburg. My daughter was finally diagnosed with gastroparesis and was homebound for 10 years. Dr. Fleener was my rock and her rock and coordinated with various specialists regarding my daughter's gastrointestinal, renal and gyn problems over these 12 years. Her resources are vast and knowledgeable. She followed up consistently and called to find out the results of an appointment and just to see how my daughter was doing. How often does your doctor follow up with you?? We did not always agree - I can be a stubborn mom - but I have never seen a doctor fight for her patients like Dr. Fleener. She can be brutally honest, but she always has the child's best interest at heart. You will never, ever find a better pediatrician or doctor, for that matter. If there were more stars to give, I would have have given them without hesitation.

|  Would not recommend.  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2013

Each time I have visited this office the wait time has been very long (upwards of an hour). In addition, the waiting room is small and cramped and the exam rooms are way too small. The doctor was abrupt and condescending. The impression she gave me was that I was bothering her, she thought my child was "faking it" and thought I was an idiot. To establish my children with her I had to have complete physicals on both my children. They put all 3 of us in one tiny room and had both children undress and put on gowns. My children (9 year old boy and 11 year old girl) were mortified to have to undress in front of each other! The doctor proceeded to exam them together (including very private/personal issues) in front of each other and me. All in all a nightmare.

|  Awful  |  show details
by Liz on May 9th, 2013

I would DEFINITELY not recommend this pediatrician and will not be returning. Dr. Fleener is rude and unprofessional with absolutely no bed side manner. Stay away from this doctor.

|  She asked my 13 year old if she was pregnant and why she hadnt lost 20 lbs!  |  show details
by Alyssa Jackson on Feb 12th, 2013

I'm not sure that Dr Fleener realizes she is a pediatrician. She expresses concern about my daughters weight which is fine, however it was the way she communicated it to my daughter. The first visit she said "You're overweight and you need to lose 20lbs." The most recent visit today 4 months later she said "what's going on you still haven't lost the 20 lbs and you gained 1!?" I'm an adult and that would've made me feel pretty bad, but imagine at the very fragile age of 13 being told that? In addition to making the weight comments she asked my daughter if she was pregnant because she was complaining of nausea related to what we thought was the flu! What is the lady doing working in a field where she deals with children/teens?!

|  BAD DOC- STAY AWAY  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2012

I have worked in the medical field and have had exposure to many professionals and specifically pediatricians. This doctor was referred to me and I am so disappointed. She cares more about her manicure than her patients. She has no interest in treating- only in racking up ins reimubursement without getting her hands dirty. She has a great nurse practitioner but the rest of the office is incompetent and off-putting. She is an inch away from malpractice. Find a doctor who has a clue- she is terrible. My child was scared out of her mind from this woman and it turned out she was way off with her diagnosis. Her nurses are about 12 years old. Most do not speak English. A total joke.

Aug 28th, 2012

Overall great experience. Staff was warm and thoughtful. Doctor was exactly what we were looking for.

|  Best Doc!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

I have been taking my family to Dr. Fleener's office for nearly 19 years. I drive 45 minutes to take my children to her practice. She has brought my children through hernia's , a kidney dysfunction, scoliosis, allergic reactions and even a bead in one child's ear. Her dedication is evident in the time she takes after the visit to check-in on the patients after the fact.I highly recommend her.

Jun 29th, 2012

Dr. Fleener has taken very good care of my girls for 7 years. Her office staff is friendly and inviting.

|  exceptional pedriatrician  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

for many years my children have been patients of dr .fleener thelargest and has 13 year and i am very grateful for his good work with the team that surrounds the nurse especially Iris Morales for being so patient an loving with children, right now my daughter is finishing a plan to Dr.antiviotico and had the patience of very day to give te medicine to my child,with this comment.let them know that their children can not be in better hands than a good doctor as carola fleener .mi opinion is that we should go visit a doctor which is to please,but to get a good diagnosis thank you very much for your help,patience,love.

|  Gratitude for a wonderful Doctor and Staff  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

I have been a client of The Sarasota Children's Clinic and Dr Fleener for over 23 years. I have four children and all of them have attended her office. I have always found both Dr. Fleener and her staff helpful and pleasant. This very busy clinic is run in a clean, healthy, professional manner. Dr. Fleener is the type of Doctor who will go the extra mile for her patients as I found out when my daughter needed a small operation at three months of age. She organized her staff to support my fight with insurance companies and medicaid to get me the pediatric surgeon I felt comfortable with. Dr. Fleener is an excellent asset to our community and I and my family are grateful for her knowledge, quick diagnosis and for her choosing Sarasota in which to operate her clinic. Many of her staff have been with her as long as I have been going there, testament to a great working environment. A happy grateful client

|  terrible lady  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

She thought she can belittle me and lecture me. Instead of doing her job as a pdiatrician, she felt she had to get in my face and talk over me because I mentioned to her that I did research on my child's "condition", and appaently according to her, I was wrong because her collegue is the genius in the medical industry. She comes off very cold. She might be a good doctor but she needs to learn some manners.

|  Great Staff Third Rate Doctor  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

Dr. Fleener has been seeing my daughter sense birth. She seemed very nice till we had a problem and needed some answers. She was rude and very closed minded to what I was trying to tell her. This is our first child and we were not sure what to do. Dr. Fleener said "don't worry about it will pass." 24 hours later my daughter was in the ER getting surgery!!! Dr. Fleener is a danger to your family and you would be ill advised to see her.

|  disapointment  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2011

she still doesnt know who my child after a year and a half. also she answers NONE of my questions regarding my childs health. she walks in and says my instinct is this after litteraly only a minute of looking at my daughter and walks out with out giving us any time to ask her about what to do or even what it is and how bad it is. then a week later we go in for a standerd visit and she doesnt remember what she said it was by looking at it the second time. she had to look in her notes to see what she even THOUGHT it was. and still on that visit gave me no answers to my questions about the sickness. very disapointed. i may be a young mother but i am no idiot. i refuse to bring my child back to that cold rude peice of work.

|  I Love Dr.Carola Fleener  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

she is awsome with my babys i love the Staff i dont have to wait long ,i can make appoiment for the same day and they dont have any problem with that ,I will not change her for nothing i trust her and she treat us like family not a pacient ,both of then Lisa is great too the nurses are even better i dont have nothing negative to said i will stay with them till my kids grow ....

|  Thank you for helping my child  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

After having a traumatic brain injury, my child needed exceptional care and Dr. Fleener helped is through this trying time and gave us a lot of valuable information. Thank you for helping our family-we will never forget it!

|  Truly The Best Pediatrician  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2011

I can't thank Dr. Fleener and her staff enough for all of their support and help during some of the hardest times in our lives. She is the most compassionate and knowledgeable physician that you can have when your child is CRITICALLY ill. She may not communicate every detail of medical jargon like some docs try to which I think may be frustrating for some people but rest assured she is brilliant and saved my child.

|  STAY FAR AWAY!!!  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

No bedside manner at all. Does not narrate any care simply pushes the children down and exposes them. My children were frightened. I was shocked at the rude behavior. In one year of being with this DR. My children saw the nurse practioner a few times but just recently met the DR. for a well check. I will NEVER go back!Stay FAR FAR away!!!!After being brought to Fleener for many episodes of wheezing and being told she had a virus wach time, I looked for help elsewhere in the form of a new pediatrician. Guess what...its asthma and my daughter now has to be on nebs 3 times a day for letting it go so long untreated. Please protect your children from her!!!

|  STAY FAR FAR AWAY!  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

I am NOT impressed with Dr. Fleener. I have had many run-ins with her and have been disrespected by her on many levels. I would never recommend her as someone you should use, in fact I would say stay FAR FAR AWAY! I have been given false diagnosis by the LPN in the office and have gotten into screaming matches with Dr. Fleener over it. She has a standard form that she uses for every child and simply checks off a box that you are supposed to read and interoperate yourself as to how your child should be cared for if they are sick. She does not like to be asked questions and believes that she is above everyone.

|  STAY FAR FAR AWAY  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Jul 21st, 2011 on judysbook.com

|  EVIL WOMAN  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2011

Everyone in this office is exceptionally nice and professional except for the most disrespectful and unpatient doctor I've ever seen. She has no way with children, is rough and nasty. Talks down to a parent like he/she is nobody. She tells you to feed your kids ice cream before bed so they can gain weight. Not all kids have to be chubby in order to be healthy. Lead by example Ms. Fleener, you're not in the greatest shape!Looking for a new doc now.On the other hand, Lisa, the nurse practitioner, is very proffesional,great with children and has the knowledge needed as a doctor. Great attitude and asset to this office.

May 16th, 2011

The office staff here are wonderful. I love the PAs and nurses. They listen and diagnose and return calls and seem to really care about the kids I treat. I do not like Dr. Fleener. She is brusque with me and treats me poorly as a single working mother. My child does not like going to see her. Exams are not thorough and she gives up if my child is being difficult (which they do at two). She has never asked me if I have any questions about anything and speaks at me rather than to me.

|  Nightmare Pediatrician  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

This woman has no bedside manner, frightens children and parents, has apparently not kept up to date on modern medicine and throws antibiotics(amoxicillan for everything) at children without cultures or apparent need. No wonder MRSA is epidemic in Sarasota hospitals with this type of medicine being practiced on children.Unfortunately medicaid doesn't supply many good physicians under their awful HMO plans. It is truly a nightmare getting proper care for a sick child in Florida on medicaid.

|  I do not recommend this doctor!!!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Fleener to anybody! She is very mean to her patients and their parents.She created fear in my 3 year old daughter so she is really scared of doctors now.Dr. Fleener has no patience at all. My 3 year old wouldn't cooperate to well and was very scared of being at the doctor's office so she was crying and instead of comforting her Dr. Fleener was very mean to her and showed no sign of caring and was almost screaming at het to stop crying.She seemed very annoyed and scared my daughter even more. When examining my little girl she was far from being gentle and was even squeezing her arms and legs. She would spend enough time with us or even answer any questions we had instead she just wanted to get us out of her way and showed us how her attitude. We always have very bad experience with her, she is the worst pediatrician I've ever seen!!!!!!!!! This was the second time this had happen to us so every time we go for an appointment we request to see the practitioner Lisa- she is awesome- what a lovely a carrying person!Other then that the rest of the staff was very friendly and getting a vaccination shot was less stressful for my child then seeing Dr. Fleener.

|  Very Prompt  |  show details
by j.v on Jun 21st, 2010

All I can say about my experiences with Dr.Fleener is that they were very pleasant. They were very quick in getting me in, even though I did not have an appointment. She was also very informing as well as on point. My child was also recieved very well by the pleasant staff. I recommend anyone with their children. I absolutely loved my experiences there:)

|  Super great care/service  |  show details
by Steven on Jun 18th, 2010

Dr. Fleener and her staff are very professional and truly care about their patients.

Jun 11th, 2010

Fleener's office is without doubt the best pediatric office in twon. It has a wonderful team that really cares about the health of all patients. Convenient schedules, Answers service calls 24 hours a day, every day of the year. and most importantly the highest quality medical care for their patients. Thank God for good offices like this and thanks to Sarasota childrens clinic for being there for our family.

|  Our visit to the clinic was good  |  show details
by Guest 9. at Judy`sBook on Jun 11th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Our visit to the clinic was good, they attended us like everyone else and it was quick

|  Best Doctor in town  |  show details
by Iris Morales on Jun 8th, 2010

My experience in taking my kids to Dr.Fleeners was amazing. She's a very professional , trustworthy, and detailed person. She answers all my questions and I leave the office with no doubts. I know my kids are in great hands and her diagnoses are highly accurate.What makes her the best Doctor,are qualities such as Honesty, friendliness, and very caring. I am so glad that my children have a Doctor like her. She met all my expectations ,I would highly recommend her to anyone!Thank You Dr.Fleener

|  Happy Places  |  show details
by Mauricio Marrufo on Jun 8th, 2010

This Is a great place to take your kids, it has a great staff working in there, and accept every patient that need medical service, from visitors patiens all the way to the hispanic community are welcome in Dr. Fleener affice,Including me as a patient I had received a good medical attention, and easy to feel relax to know that you would not leave that office with out any question and a exellent service.It has the most cleaner and enjoyble waiting room area with video games all as movies for the little ones, and the best part is the stickers :) and little surprises patients get for been brave and easy to work with.Thank You for the service Dr. Fleener and keep going nobody treat patients like you do.

Jun 8th, 2010

Dr. Fleener has taken care of my family and friends for 20 years. She has seen us through bad accidents, hospitalizations and the ordinary childhood illnesses. I have referred out-of-town friends and they've been so impressed with her care and knowledge. She is tenacious in finding a child's problem and getting it treated. She's the BEST!

|  great help and wonderful care  |  show details
by Guest 9. at Judy`sBook on Jun 8th, 2010 on judysbook.com

I appreciate you great help and wonderful care. Always on top. Thank you. Thanks to the interpretors as well

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  friendly informative  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Jun 3rd, 2010 on judysbook.com

Front office of staff is always friendly informative no problems answering questions. Clinical staff shows patience gentleness to both my kids. Dr. Fleener shows care and is very detailed with examinations. Thank you for always wor...

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2010

Dr. Fleener and the staff are wonderful. They are always there for me, even after hours. I know I can call at any time day or night and I wouldn't be bothering her. She was a life savior when I had my first child. I even called her in the middle of the night with my colicky child and she was there for me without seeming like I bothered her. I can always be seen at a moments notice with a sick child. She is very thorough and will make sure she or her staff calls to check on you when you have a very sick child. Kudos to Dr. Fleener and the wonderful caring staff.

Jun 2nd, 2010

Very nice office, caring Doctor and staff.Felt comfortable in this office.Liked the separate room for well children.

|  Above and beyond the call of duty  |  show details
May 27th, 2010

I have seen on a regular basis that she goes above and beyond the call of duty. She will go to the ends of the earth for any child. She is a good woman, mother and physician.

|  coming here about 10 years  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on May 27th, 2010 on judysbook.com

We have been coming here about 10 years. We now have four children and I wouldn`t go to any other Doctor. Two of our children over the years became very sick if it wasnt for Dr. Fleener I dont know what we would have done. Thank you! -...

|  Special Needs  |  show details
by Lucinda Strader on May 24th, 2010

We have been seeing Dr. Fleener for 8 years, and have been very satisfied with our experiences in & with the office. Two years ago when we had our 7th child Dr. Fleener and her staff showed us just how much they cared. He was born very sick and spent almost 7 weeks at ACH. Dr. Fleener and her staff spent countless hours on the phone with the doctors at ACH and checking in with us. ( Not only while he was up there, but after we came home ) from getting authorizations from our insurance to reassuring me on countless matters and everything in-between! After we were able to come home, she answered ALL of my questions and concerns. ( i never felt like I was bothering her or that my questions were stupid, she always patiently answered them ) They have, in our opinion, gone above and beyond what most pediatricians would. I have recommended her office to several of my friends and will continue to do so.

|  Great service and support  |  show details
by Anonymous U. at Judy`sBook on May 24th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Great service and support, the medication and samples that are prescribed to us works well and we appreciate it.

May 21st, 2010

Wonderful experience! Dr. Fleener and her staff were so friendly and helpful. I had an issue with my insurance and instead of telling me I had to leave and come back they were nice enough to help fix it for me. It's really nice to get that kind of compassion, especially when your child is sick and needs to be seen by the doctor. Dr. Fleener gave me alot of usefull information to help my child. Thank you to all of you at Dr. Fleener's office.

|  always makes sure he is feeling his best  |  show details
by Anonymous U. at Judy`sBook on May 20th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Always willing to see my son even when there isn`t an appointment scheduled and always makes sure he is feeling his best.

|  TOP NOTCH Doctor!!!!!  |  show details
by Kelley B. at Judy`sBook on May 19th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Love this doctor! I have loved the care my children have received here for many years. Dr. Fleener and her office staff are personable, very friendly, and treat my children like family! I would recommend this doctor to everyone! She knows h...

|  Exceptional pediatrician!!!  |  show details
by Kelley Bolin, M.Ed on May 18th, 2010

I can't say enough to express my gratitude to Dr. Fleener. She has been there for my children and me for everything! She has even seen one of my children late at night when he was sick. She goes beyond her duties to see that my children are well and offers help beyond the norm. I would reccomend this doctor to everyone. She is honest, dependable, knowledgable, and a straight to the point doctor. She was even available to my oldest during her lunch when an emergency situation happened. She will do everything she can to give the best possible care to all children and I am grateful to have such an exceptional doctor for my children. Her staff is also wonderful! It is very comforting to know that my children are in her care and she will do everything possible to make sure they are well. They always feel very special when they are in her office! Thank you for being there for me and my kids all these years!

|  Fantastic office staff, the best Pediatrician in Sarasota.  |  show details
by Rachael Olson on May 18th, 2010

I would drive one hundred million miles and wait an eternity just to have my kids seen by Doctor Fleener. A great doctor who really cares.

|  Dr Fleener your the best!  |  show details
by ASF on May 18th, 2010

Super awesome job with my kids, thanks you so much!

|  Best Doc in town  |  show details
by guest on May 17th, 2010

Always great service and very professional

|  the best !!!!!  |  show details
by Anonymous U. at Judy`sBook on May 17th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Simply the best !!!!!

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  always professional, friendly and of best quality  |  show details
by Anonymous U. at Judy`sBook on May 12th, 2010 on judysbook.com

The care at Sarasota Childrens clinic is always professional, friendly and of best quality. With four children and over 15 years of service from Sarasota Children`s Clinic I would highly recommend any parent to Dr. Carola Fleener, her dedic...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  the best doctor to take your baby to  |  show details
by Anonymous U. at Judy`sBook on May 10th, 2010 on judysbook.com

I found your care from my mom. She told me that Dr. Fleener is the best doctor to take your baby to. When I was little I used to come to her. Now that I`m all grown up, I thought this would be a good place for my baby to be taken care of...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  very happy and satisfied  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on May 6th, 2010 on judysbook.com

I, Anahi Munoz, mother of three children have taken my children to Dr. fleener for many years. I am very happy and satisfied with the results they have provided us.

|  Service is good  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Apr 20th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Service is good. They speak two languages there and the doctors are good.

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  always provided great care  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Apr 15th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Totally awesome. Dr Fleener has always provided great care for our children. Thank you. Johnny M.

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  very pleased w care  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Apr 12th, 2010 on judysbook.com

very pleased w care as usual. Also, I was thankful that my child was able to be seen right away. Jenny was a great help, like she always is. Especially when I need any documents or appts - She`s always very helpful. As well as, the re...

|  Love you all  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Apr 1st, 2010 on judysbook.com

going the extra way to do everything for my child. Thanks. Love you all

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  very thorough  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Mar 30th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Dr. Fleener is wonderful. So Professional and very thorough - Marilyn M.

|  a great Dr. all around  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Mar 29th, 2010 on judysbook.com

The staff was nice and understanding when I called to say I would be 5 minutes late. They also helped figure out my insurance. Thank you for being a great Dr. all around.

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  caring informative and kind  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Mar 26th, 2010 on judysbook.com

We love Lisa, she knows her stuff and is very caring informative and kind.

|  Very quick  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Mar 25th, 2010 on judysbook.com

Very quick for a last minute appointment

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  everyone is polite here  |  show details
by Happy C. at Judy`sBook on Mar 22nd, 2010 on judysbook.com

everyone is polite here and when I come here with my children it is quick service

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  pleased with care  |  show details
by Anonymous U. at Judy`sBook on Mar 19th, 2010 on judysbook.com

thorough exam... pleased with care This Review has been authenticated by ReviewBoost

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  very good  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`sBook on Mar 16th, 2010 on judysbook.com

very good This Review has been Authenticated by ReviewBoost

|  Best of the Best  |  show details
by RN with over 21 years of utilizing Dr. Fleener as 1st choice on Feb 10th, 2010

I am an RN with over 32 yrs experience, 21 I have had the pleasure of Dr. Fleener and her staff caring for my children. They assisted me in getting baby formula when I had no money, always took time to explain, coordinated care and made sure needs of my children were met, always worked me in at last minute when children were ill. It is hard to find compassion in today's medical world, but it exists at SRQ Children's clinic thru Dr. Fleener. I entrust the lives of my children to her. Being a medical professional myself and very particular I give her 'Best of the best' rating.

|  parent  |  show details
by Nancy on Feb 9th, 2010

Thank you for all of your help with my care.

|  Worst Doctor I`ve been to  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 4th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

This was by far the worst experience I`ve had with a pediatrician. The waiting room is so small and everyone is crammed in. There is a seper...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com