Geriatric Specialist (elderly care), Psychiatrist

Perfection show details Perfection
Aug 28th, 2013

I was skeptical at first after working with another associate for awhile, but I had come to find that Dr. Bonilla is an excellent Psychiatrist. We had several breakthroughs where she was able to empower me to overcome my battles. This was very big for me. She did this by her attentive listening and knowing the perfect words to use to get me thinking. It was so refreshing to have a doctor really try and help work on problems thru therapy sessions and not just prescribe meds as a band aid. She is perfect. I will sadly miss her.

Dr. Bonilla is an excellent Psychiatrist! show details Dr. Bonilla is an excellent Psychiatrist!
Jul 1st, 2013

For those that like health and a doctor that cares, Dr. Bonilla is an excellent Psychiatrist, and will provide the therapy and prescriptions you need. If however you are seeking a doctor who will prescribe pot and large amounts of Xanax to feed your addictions, you may want to look elsewhere because you can count on Dr. Bonilla to treat your addictions. Good Psychiatrists like Dr. Bonilla promote health and growth, which takes work on your part, so depending on your goals she may or may not be the right doctor for you.

Dr. Bonilla is an OUTSTANDING Psychiatrist show details Dr. Bonilla is an OUTSTANDING Psychiatrist
by Aaron J on Jul 1st, 2013

Dr. Bonilla has been my Psychiatrist for over a year. She is an absolutely fantastic Doctor, Therapist, and Person. My anxiety and depression have improved greatly under her care. She is moving from California to Texas, and I will greatly miss her. Texans are lucky to be getting such a great Doctor and person! She listens and communicates well. She is careful to not over-medicate, is sensitive to managing side-affects, and has always given me the time and medications I need.

Apr 29th, 2013

I have found Dr. Bonilla to be extremely pleasant. She cuts to the chase, if you let her. She has been able to help me in a brief timeframe, after spending years with other psychiatrists. She will let you dictate the pace. Her suggestions are on the mark. I never feel like I have been there too long or having nothing else to say. If you want honesty and not spend years in therapy I would run to her. She is obviously bright, articulate and talented. I would recommend her to anyone,

Sad she is leaving show details Sad she is leaving
Apr 25th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Bonilla for 2 years, and recently learned that she is moving out of state. I'm happy for her but very sad for me. Dr. Bonilla has helped me through very difficult times, and has taken her time to try to figure out the best way to help me. At times of crisis, she has spent more time with me than originally scheduled, so when she is running 5-10 minutes late, I know she is doing the same for someone else.

Patient show details Patient
by BVS on Mar 25th, 2013

After having my appointment scheduled for a month, the doctor suddenly decided to cancel my appointment the morning of the appointment without telling me. Nobody contacted me. I arrived early to my appointment and that's when I found out my appointment was cancelled. Terrible service. I had taken time off of work to attend my appointment.

Nov 17th, 2011

It feels as when you talk to her she doesn't seem to be listening. As some DR are she thought only her way was the right way. I have horrible anxiety and she would not prescribe a dosage suitable for me that I previously had with my old psychiatrist. One thing that definitely bothered me the most I felt no connection with her right away. She was very hard to understand. It doesn't help when you can't understand a doctor that is there to help you. THe office staff was wonderful though! She on the other hand needs to work on her bedside manner and communication skills.