Overall Review

October 22nd, 2013
best doctor
friendly and pleasant personality who treats you like a person not a patient

May 12th, 2013
worst doctor
Worst experience. She does not pay attention to patient.

September 26th, 2011
Dr. Baumal was extremely attentive. She diagnosed my torned retina immediately and performed laser surgery to repair during the same appointment. I have had 2 follow up appoitments since the surgery to ensure that everything is ok. The office is well organized and the staff is very professional.

September 9th, 2011
A wonderful, caring doctor
I think the previous rating of 1 star was a little extreme, especially if it relates to the wait time in the office. That's the new reality of medical appts -get used to it. The wait time may be related to the fact that Dr. Baumal takes the appropriate amount of time to spend with her patients, not the 15-20 minutes mandated by insurance companies. I found Dr. Baumal (who was caring for my 90 year old mother's eyes) to be thorough, knowledgeable and very patient. However, when I googled her name to get her office address and phone, I almost fell over at one of the pictures that came up in the search, a provocative pose of the doctor in a low cut, slit up to there dress with a stethescope around her neck. Inappropriate much? If I were the doctor, I would probably want to find a way to purge this from my online professional presence and save those pics for my private life.

August 16th, 2011
Wrong Diagnosis
Dr. Baumal diagnosed my condition as Retinoschisis and told me nothing could be done. So I Went away depressed, after weeks of being in torment, one of my friends suggested a different doctor for a second opinion. This doctor checked everything out and proved to me that it was not Retinoschisis and started the treatment. I am glad I went for a second opinion. I am planning to sue Dr. Baumal for the stress I went through.