Dr. Caroline Paul MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 20th, 2017
Waste of time
I've seen many doctors over the years and she is the only one who I have ever felt like it was a waste of time on more than one occasion. Naturally, having test results not showing anything of concern, is always great. However, when she still forces you to come into the office, pay your co-pay to then be in/out of your room in 5 minutes without bothering to offer reasons for your symptoms, it tends to really make you angry. She did all of these tests because she stated my symptoms were not normal, yet when the testing showed nothing, she didn't bother to offer a possible explanation. Her bedside manner is horrible, has no compassion and I always feel like she is blowing me off every time I see her with the way she rushes in and barely takes the time to talk or examine me.

February 8th, 2016
excellent surgeon!

December 17th, 2014
I'm not impressed with new bern surgical. $120 for 1 appt for them to tell me I need the biopsy (which was the whole point of the referral to them to begin with), 2nd appt to put me through excruciating pain with the biopsy (that left me with pain and swallowing discomfort for a week now), then have me come back for a 3rd appt (that they said was for a follow up ultrasound) to end up spending literally 2 minutes, if that, with the Dr for her to tell me the same results they already told me on the phone the previous week. And no ultrasound like she had said previously. She also informed me that I need to come back in 6 mos for a follow up ultrasound. Then they didn't even schedule it, said to call back in 6 mos to do that. And when I told the Dr about my pain and discomfort she just said "yeah, we probably hit a nerve. Take an aleve". She seemed un phased that this "usually relatively painless" procedure was still causing pain and discomfort. That is concerning. That was a completely unnecessary waste of my time to drive an hour and pay for something that could've been easily taken care of via telephone. No, I wouldn't recommend her or the buisness to family and friends, nor will I be returning here in the future if I can help it. If an appointment takes less then 2 minutes, the Dr gives NO treatments or advice, and they don't even take your vital signs, how is it an office visit worth any co-pay?? Why did they do this instead of telling me over the phone? I'm irritated and pretty disgusted. I came to them from Carteret County, 45 mins - 1 hr away. Think I'll just stick with the surgeons there in Morehead City.

November 20th, 2013
I had to pay $275.00 for a less than 5 minute visit. She ripped me off. She acted as if she didn't give a crap and was in a hurry. This is the conversation we had. She sat down and said " the only stone left unturned is an abdominal scan of your gall bladder. I will have that ordered" and she got up and left. Yes, $275.00 for that. I went to ask a question and she repeated the above every time. I DO NOT recommend her. And to top it off, its been 2 months and I don't even know what the results are. I decided I would wait and see just how long it would take her. I guess I WILL HAVE TO CALL HER!!

July 20th, 2013
ticked off
After I had my surgery with Dr. Paul, I had experienced some discomfort and wanted to speak with her about it. I was basically dismissed, and was told this is why I hate doing this surgery. I have since been referred for a second opinion. Bedside manner awful.

July 3rd, 2013
Not a surgeon that cares
This doctor has a horrible bedside manner. No one wants to be told they have cancer in a harsh manner and that is exactly what happened to me. Cancer is a serious issue and should be handled with care. I would never recommend her to anyone.

February 3rd, 2011
The front office staff is not plesant or courteous. The physician treats patients like cases and is not open to questions or suggestion.She may be a good surgeon, but is not a sensitive or good communicator. The practice and doctor do not deal with the whole person, only the "surgery."

January 9th, 2016