Dr. Caroline Smythe MD Patient Reviews

April 6th, 2016
Other options beside medication
Dr. Smythe has helped my children taper off their ADHD medications. She determined my youngest was gluten sensitive and both boys had several vitamin deficiencies. They are now better then ever. She is really good with children.

November 2nd, 2015
Quick Work (2)
I submitted a review a few days ago but apparently did not click the overall rating, and they reported it as 3 stars. As you will see if you look at the details of that review, they are all 5 stars. This is a 5-star doctor, and the last thing I want to do is lower her score. The rating service does not seem to provide a way to correct an error, so this is my second try.

October 30th, 2015
Quick Work
Dr. Smythe is super committed to good health. She was determined to get the right diagnosis, which I really appreciated. Once she had the diagnosis she was able to come up with a treatment plan that was incredibly simple, and it worked. And I only saw her 5 times. I recommend her highly.

March 12th, 2015
Exceptional care from an outstanding psychiatrist. Dr. Smythe bridges the gap between the traditional and new forms of care. She provides the very best for her patients with great knowledge and compassion.

September 9th, 2013
Finally!
I have been struggling for some time with a variety of symptoms that just seemed all over the map - depression, anxiety, low energy, and some physical things (like my digestion and itching with no sign of a rash). Dr Smythe wanted to explore the bio-chemical possibilities in my 'treatment'. I put treatment in quotes, because one of the first thing she did was give me some of the power by suggesting dietary changes. Then she also suggested cutting back on my meds a little bit. So many things started to shift early on. I feel soooo much better, and am doing things that I thought were history. Even the dark (really dark) circles under my eyes are mostly gone. Who would have predicted that? I do best when I can understand something intellectually, so I love that she actually educates me about what is going on!

August 21st, 2013
Not recommended
Dr. Smythe was kind and friendly but tried to fit everyone into a nutrition and mumbo jumbo treatment plan. She convinced me to spend $300 on some hocus pocus machine with electrodes that emitted electric shocks. She wanted me to take large amounts of fish oil. She took me off all my medication - not very responsible - as I had a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder, Type 2. I didn't stay with her long and she did not help me at all.

February 15th, 2013
top notch
A friend of mine who has seen Dr. Smythe over the years suggested I try Dr. Smythe because he had gotten so much relief with her protocols. She asked me questions that really seemed spot on and came up with a diagnosis that was a totally new one for me. some things started to shift early on, but the best and biggest results came a few weeks into my new regimen. It has now been almost two years since I started working with her and I am astonished at the various ways in which I feel better. Thank you Doc! I really wish you were still here in Oregon. You are missed! I am writing this review because I went on line to check another doctor and saw the ridiculous review of someone who was unhappy with Dr. S and and her staff. I always loved Linda, the secretary - so perky and friendly. This practice deserves lots of good press!