Dr. Carolyn Coulam MD Patient Reviews

3.2

November 19th, 2016
Blessed with a baby!
I had my son at 41 years after having had 2 miscarriages. Dr. Coulam worked my doctors in New Orleans and they followed her instructions to the letter. I had a healthy 8 lb baby boy!

June 30th, 2015
Worst doctor I have ever been too. Going through fertility is hard enough. I was getting ready to get my implementation , and she told her nurse in front of me she couldn't do it on that date because she was going to be a grandma for the 16th time. That's not what I want to hear going through infertility. Had a couple miscarriages and she showed no emotion. Went to another doctor that found out why I was miscarriage so much. She was a waste!

April 1st, 2014
Absolutely Amazing!
Dr. Coulam and the amazing staff at the Reproductive Medicine Institute are the reason that my partner and I are parents to our beautiful son. Because it took us so long to get and stay pregnant, everyone at RMI feels like family. They are exceptional communicators, ensuring that we understand every step in our treatment plan. They patiently answer every question and address every concern, even those that have been asked and answered previously. Dr. Coulam is always leading the charge in medical advancements. She is willing to take appropriate risks without compromising the health of her patients, which I suspect is why she is in such demand at conferences around the world. We have had procedures in the Evanston and Oakbrook locations and have never been taken late in more than four years as patients. Lab work is done as quickly and painlessly as possible and results are communicated immediately. You won't find a more compassionate, professional or effective practice.

September 25th, 2013
wonderful
I had suffered two miscarriages; and was never given any reason/testing from my normal OB/GYN that would help me understand why or would help explain why this would have happened. I ended up pregnant again and instead of waiting for another miscarriage I decided to go see the best. Dr. Coulam met with me and we went over my previous history. She was patient and understanding and made me feel as though she REALLY DOES CARE. She obviously LOVES what she does, and is GREAT at her job as well. She was able to figure out what had most likely caused my previous miscarriages with a simple blood test and we started treatment immediately. I am so thankful that I found her and am now 17 weeks along. Without her I truly believe that I would have suffered the heartache and devastation of another miscarriage.

July 18th, 2013
Dr. Coulam had pretty much decided what we needed to do/should do before our first visit, before we had any testing. When all the testing came back inconclusive she still had a definite plan of action we should follow, but neither she nor her staff was willing to go into specifics about why. We changed practices.

February 16th, 2013
RN
I went through five specialist before I found Dr Coulam. She did her testing and said this is your problem and this how I am going to fix it. I would not have my kids if it was not for her. Thank you Dr Coulam! My kids are 8 and 9 now!

October 22nd, 2010
Do not Bother .. just move on ...
Just one free piece of advice Do not even bother taking an appointment with Dr. Carolyn Coulam. She is never available and you will most likely not manage to see her when you need her the most

October 22nd, 2010
My insurance card is not her ATM card !
Dr. Carolyn Coulam takes more time billing you and your insurance than actually treating you. I wish she would be audited. She made me waste so much t ...

March 25th, 2010
Figured it out!
I have been having fertility issues for a number of years and had been poked and prodded, misdiagnosed, and even operated on -- all to find out that a chromosomal abnormality was causing my history of miscarriages. Dr. Coulam was the first and only doctor, after eight years and 10 different fertility doctors in the Chicagoland area to suggest a simple blood test that proved to hold the answer to my problems. She suggested IVF with PGD and look at me -- I'm pregnant! Thank goodness for her smart thinking!!Also, I have to comment on the staff who are compassionate and thorough.