Dr. Carolyn Garner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 30th, 2016
Dr. Carolyn Garner is the most wonderfu, kind, caring doctor I have ever known.

August 25th, 2016
Great surgeon...
Dr. Garner took out half of my thyroid. It was a relatively easy procedure, and I took nothing more than tylenol and ibuprofen for a few days afterwards. She's a skilled, intelligent surgeon who also has an amazing personality!! In addition, she has a pathologist ready during thyroid surgeries. If there's cancer present, she can take the entire thyroid out in one procedure instead of bringing you back in for a 2nd surgery like many doctors. Highly recommend her!!

July 21st, 2016
5 Star Service
I have met with doctors before, but she is hands down one of the kindest I have met with. She sets and actually listens to you and walks you through exactly she is going to do and explains to help educate you about what is taking place with your body, and the staff was awesome. Now I am on the mend and working my way to being pain free, so thank you Dr. Garner, you were a huge Blessing the Lord sent my way.

September 21st, 2015
Caring healthcare
Doctor visits with you and explains in layman terms so that she can be sure you understand. She opens up the floor for any questions that you or your family may have. She makes sure that the patient is informed about any necessary procedure but does leave the ultimate decision up to the patient. Wonderful bedside manner, inviting examine room atmosphere

July 27th, 2015
I had my thyroid removed and my 15 yr old daughter had hers removed and Dr. Garner is the best dr I have ever known. Best bedside manner!

April 25th, 2015
Thyroidectomy Pre-cancerous
I am very pleased with the help and care from Dr. Gardner.I came all the way from the St. Louis,MO and was recommended to Dr. Gardner by a friend in Louisiana. I would make the trip to see her for surgery if I had to drive 3x as far as St. Louis, MO. She is very good at what she does. It is always very scary at the thought of surgery and possibly having cancer. I was amazed by how comfortable I was all throughout the visits pre-surgery even through the day of surgery and beyond. Thank you Dr. Gardner so much for everything.

September 18th, 2014
Surgery
Dr. Garner is the best. So nice and easy to talk to about my thyroid. I couldn't think of a better surgeon than Dr. Garner. I had surgery on 1/2 of my thyroid removal and no problems. Her staff is great too!

November 9th, 2013
Thyroid and gall bladder and so much more..
Dr. Garner is a very knowledgeable surgeon and courteous person. She is not like any other surgeon. I never felt like just a another number with her. I had complications after my thyroid was removed unrelated to the thyroid surgery itself. Although it wasn't related she made sure to help find out what the problem was and to keep updated with me with the very serious matter that had occurred. Several months later I had to have my gall bladder removed and again dr garner took excellent care of me again. Dr. Garner out of my now many many doctors has to be the most caring doctor I have ever had and the only doctor who has ever taken the time to answer all of my questions even if she thought they were silly or unrelated. I would recommend her to anyone.

March 9th, 2013
Completely Wrong Diagnosis and Ridiculous Solution
I'm glad that everyone else (who wrote a review) was helped by this person. I really am. I, however, was not. In fact, her irresponsible diagnosis and recommendation for "treatment" delayed my healing process substantially. I was very, very ill for a long time. I had chronically enlarged lymph nodes. I knew I did, but my internist told me to go to a general surgeon to get an ultrasound. I went to Dr. Garner, who did the ultrasound, and told me that I had stones in my salivary glands. Her solution? Suck on sour candy. I wish I was joking. She asked me if I had dry mouth, I told her I didn't, that I felt very ill, had fevers and what felt like a sinus infection. None of this seemed to register with her, who maintained that I just had salivary stones and needed to eat sour candy. I found this extremely strange, so I went to an ENT, who said I indeed did not have salivary stones, rather, enlarged lymph nodes from chronic sinusitis. I required extensive nasal surgery and completely recovered after that. It's very unethical to write off people's symptoms and completely unimaginable for someone who operates on cancer patients to make such an obviously incorrect diagnosis. Even I knew they weren't salivary stones, and I didn't have an ultrasound machine. Mind boggling. I'm glad I didn't resort to eating some sour patch kids or warheads to cure me of my chronic illness.

August 2nd, 2012
Dr. Garner was professional. I had no complications and my scars are minimal. Her staff was very friendly adn helpful.

June 10th, 2012
Dr Garner explained to my understanding what the concern was and what it took to fix it. She listened to my questions and answered them without seeming rushed. When I came to her office to pick up my pre-registration package, she accompanied me to the hospital next door and showed me the registration desk. All you wand in a doctor/surgeon.

February 24th, 2012
Great surgeon - no follow through
If you are looking for a skilled surgeon to take out your thyroid (and believe me, she will) but do not expect any follow through afterwards, this is your doctor. Be sure to arrange for after care once the surgery is complete as you will not be spoon fed with this Dr. She is however a skilled surgeon and does a great job removing the gland with little scarring.