Carolyn N Garner, MD

3537 S Interstate 35 E
Ste 218
Denton, TX 76210
940-380-8040
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.8620689655172 of 4 stars
 |  Surgery  |  show details
by Randy W. on Sep 18th, 2014

Dr. Garner is the best. So nice and easy to talk to about my thyroid. I couldn't think of a better surgeon than Dr. Garner. I had surgery on 1/2 of my thyroid removal and no problems. Her staff is great too!

|  Thyroid and gall bladder and so much more..  |  show details
by D. Calvin on Nov 9th, 2013

Dr. Garner is a very knowledgeable surgeon and courteous person. She is not like any other surgeon. I never felt like just a another number with her. I had complications after my thyroid was removed unrelated to the thyroid surgery itself. Although it wasn't related she made sure to help find out what the problem was and to keep updated with me with the very serious matter that had occurred. Several months later I had to have my gall bladder removed and again dr garner took excellent care of me again. Dr. Garner out of my now many many doctors has to be the most caring doctor I have ever had and the only doctor who has ever taken the time to answer all of my questions even if she thought they were silly or unrelated. I would recommend her to anyone.

|  Completely Wrong Diagnosis and Ridiculous Solution  |  show details
by Shannon F. on Mar 9th, 2013

I'm glad that everyone else (who wrote a review) was helped by this person. I really am. I, however, was not. In fact, her irresponsible diagnosis and recommendation for "treatment" delayed my healing process substantially. I was very, very ill for a long time. I had chronically enlarged lymph nodes. I knew I did, but my internist told me to go to a general surgeon to get an ultrasound. I went to Dr. Garner, who did the ultrasound, and told me that I had stones in my salivary glands. Her solution? Suck on sour candy. I wish I was joking. She asked me if I had dry mouth, I told her I didn't, that I felt very ill, had fevers and what felt like a sinus infection. None of this seemed to register with her, who maintained that I just had salivary stones and needed to eat sour candy. I found this extremely strange, so I went to an ENT, who said I indeed did not have salivary stones, rather, enlarged lymph nodes from chronic sinusitis. I required extensive nasal surgery and completely recovered after that. It's very unethical to write off people's symptoms and completely unimaginable for someone who operates on cancer patients to make such an obviously incorrect diagnosis. Even I knew they weren't salivary stones, and I didn't have an ultrasound machine. Mind boggling. I'm glad I didn't resort to eating some sour patch kids or warheads to cure me of my chronic illness.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry for this negative feedback. This patient was seen for free on an emergent basis as she was worried about a neck mass. She did not have a mass on her thyroid and there was no abnormal enlargement of her lymph nodes. She was already under the care for sinus issues. I am happy that her sinus issues are resolved.

Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr. Garner was professional. I had no complications and my scars are minimal. Her staff was very friendly adn helpful.

Jun 10th, 2012

Dr Garner explained to my understanding what the concern was and what it took to fix it. She listened to my questions and answered them without seeming rushed. When I came to her office to pick up my pre-registration package, she accompanied me to the hospital next door and showed me the registration desk. All you wand in a doctor/surgeon.

|  Great surgeon - no follow through  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2012

If you are looking for a skilled surgeon to take out your thyroid (and believe me, she will) but do not expect any follow through afterwards, this is your doctor. Be sure to arrange for after care once the surgery is complete as you will not be spoon fed with this Dr. She is however a skilled surgeon and does a great job removing the gland with little scarring.

|  Top notch Doctor  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

If you even suspect a symptom that might be thyroid related.... this is the Doctor to see. She is thorough and accurate and explains things in depth. She performed needed surgery for myself and I couldn't ask for better results or better bedside manner, in a doctor. She is excellent!

|  wonderful woman  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

Absolutely adore this woman. She is very kind and answered all of my questions. She was the one that found my Hashimoto's and that i had a goiter that continued to gross. She removed my thyroid. Her staff and everyone at the hospital have been wonderful. i highly recommend her.

Nov 29th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Garner and I found her to be a very friendly, professional and caring Doctor. Dr. Garner has a very good bedside manner and I was very impressed how she spent time with my family explaining my surgical procedure and post-op care. I recommend her without any reservation.

Oct 13th, 2011

Dr. Garner and staff are very caring, compassionate and friendly. Her diagnosis and treatment were right on target. My thyroid surgery went well and I recovered very quickly. I would recommend Dr. Garner to anybody seeking thyroid surgery and treatment.

Jul 29th, 2011

Dr Garner was recommended to me by a friend when I started having thyroid issues. She removed my thyroid and found cancer in the center of it after it was removed. No issues after surgery. She called me several times to check on me after I was home from the hospital. Very professional and witty! LOVED HER!! Have and will continue to recommended her to everyone.

Jul 17th, 2011

The only surgeon in the country who understands Hashimoto's thyroiditis

|  One of the Best Doctors  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this doctor and staff. Both are knowledgeable, compassionate and professional.I have had numerous medical issues throughout my life and have seen well over 30 specialists. Dr. Garner is one of my favorites, and for good reason.I would trust this doctor with my life- in fact, I have already :)

Jan 20th, 2011

Dr Garner was efficient, thorugh and extremely compassionate. Had a partial removal of my left throid and a benign nodule. She diagnosed it correctly and explained all my options.

|  I LOVE Dr. Garner!  |  show details
by Lisa A. on Aug 5th, 2010

I previously had a partial lobectomy of my thyroid and 5 years later still didn't feel right. Dr. Garner was able to give me the right diagnosis, answered my "million" questions, and did a great job on my surgery. The difference in my surgery experiences was night and day! I felt better the day of surgery. Even the nurses at the hospital said I was lucky to have her as my doctor. Dr. Garner called me herself to follow up. I have already recommended her to several people and will continue to do so.

by Andrea Bills on Jul 28th, 2010

Outstanding surgeon! She is highly professional yet remains caring and compassionate. She is very knowledgeable, up on current treatment options, informative regarding issues and straightforward in anwering questions. Staff is also professional, courteous and helpful. The best!

May 9th, 2010

Gifted endocrine surgeon-- the technical expertise of the university with the caring and compassion of a small town

|  Professional and Knowledgable  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2009

I like that she takes the time to explain exactly what she feel is the issue and how to correct it. She takes the time to answer any and all questions. Great doctor.

|  LOVE DR. GARNER!  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2009

I really like Dr. Garner. She is professional, but she is very caring. She explains everything in understandable terms and tells you exactly what to expect. After surgery she explains exactly what she did and what the follow-up care will be. I felt extremely comfortable with her. I just wish she could be my primary care doctor.The front office staff were very nice also, except for a matter of not wanting to wait for a bill to go to our insurance company before we made a payment. This was worded in such a way to appear that they thought I had deliberately avoided paying this fee before the surgery. They mentioned it once before the first appt. and then never again (frankly, I forgot about it). Someone also said they called my home to remind me about this fee, but if someone did call they didn't leave a message.Overall, Dr. Garner is an EXCELLENT doctor and I recommend her without reservation.

Dec 5th, 2008

Dr. Garner has an exceptional bedside manner. She's patient, caring and professional.