Dr. Carolyn Hammett MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 21st, 2015
PATIENTS
WE LOVE DR. HAMMETT, WE HAVE BEEN UNDER HER CARE FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS. IVE ALWAYS TAKEN MY ENTIRE FAMILY TO HER. REASON? SHE IS UPFRONT AND HONEST...SHE SPEAKS TO ALL OF US IN MY FAMILY IN PLAIN SIMPLY WORDS AND NOT THE BIG TECHNICAL ONES THAT MOST DOCTORS DO...WITH THAT IN MIND, I AM NEVER CONFUSED BY HER DIAGNOSIS. YES IT IS A VERY BUSY OFFICE, BUT THE WAIT IS SURE WORTH IT. CURRENTLY, I AM WAITING TO SCHEDULED FOR AN APPOINTMENT FOR BOTH MY HUSBAND AND ME. HOPEFULLY I WILL NOT HAVE TO WAIT LONG.

July 31st, 2014
Caring Doctor
She is my primary physician. I like her practice model where patients are treated with respect (not condescending). She spends time with patients so the wait could be longer than other doctors. But for 15 years, I have had excellent care from Dr. Hammett. She listens. When my husband was in the hospital ER, she calls ahead to make sure the ER doctors are treating him well. She did the same when my son had appendicitis. Very caring.

September 10th, 2012
no call back when sick
Of the few times I was sick, it usually happened on a weekend. I did not always get a call back. Once I was a few minutes late to an appointment. The staff would not let me see the doctor and told me to reschedule for the following week.

June 27th, 2012
Broker
POOR customer service, assitants not able to solve anything, probably they do have enougth patients that they are not willing to do a couple things for the patient in order to get not only more patients also more referrals.

October 26th, 2011
The 2 times I've ever needed her in 10+ years of being her patient, she wasn't able to help. The first time she sent me to an urgent care clinic, and the second time she just blew me off. I need a doctor that will be able to see me when I'm sick--after all that is what doctors are for! They never answer the phone and when you are finally able to get an appointment, you wait 40-50 mins to be seen for 2-5 mins tops!

September 6th, 2011
more than a doctor great adviser
the service is excellent. i feel confident in her caring hands with me and my family. straightforward and no confusion when explaining the diagnosis.we just love her. you could ask for a more.

July 21st, 2010
Awful doctor, YOU REALLY HAVE OTHER OPTIONS OUT THERE!!
Dr. Hammett is a disgrace to her profession!! A doctor is supposed to be caring, while she says this, doesn't mean it one bit! I went in for a routine preventitive checkup. She encouraged me to talk to her and share my concerns. So finally to share w/ my doctor, I asked 2 questions, after her numerous pushing me to share. On the second question she walked out of the room. The nurse/office staff came in and told me the appointment is over, and if I need more time I need to reschedule for another appointment. I asked her what was wrong, and Dr. Hammett just walked off in the middle asking me to wait for her. The nurse got extremely rude and said, "No, the appointment is over." What Dr. Hammett didn't know was my sister was waiting for me in the lobby, and overheard Dr. Hammett say to her staff, "people pay for one copay per visit, and ask a few visits worth of questions." I wouldn't have asked if she didn't encourage me. Regardless, when I go to a doctor I want to be comforatable in asking as many things as I need attention for. The doctor can't have me come in 6 times for satisfying her copay or visit charge concerns.She and her office also wrongly billed me and tried to charge for things Dr. Hammett didn't even do, just to collect some extra money!!!! Such cheating doctors should be reprimanded from practicing!! If all you want is money and not really to take care of a paitent, get a different job!!! Dr. Hammett is really in the wrong line of work!

June 10th, 2010
Dr. Hammett's office is sometimes crowded but if you schedule your appt's early in the day the wait is short. She is caring and asks appropriate questions to get to the heart of your problem. She has an excellent bank of referral sources for orthopedic, surgical, gerontology and psychiatric issues all of which have been utilized by my extended family. We highly recommend her services and have for over 10 years.

May 3rd, 2010
This doctor does not care about patient, all she cares is money. That's why average wait is over 1 hour and average time she spends with you is no more than 3 minutes. She speaks sweet though, to fool you. Once you set your foot out of the exam room, you cannot ask a question, they'll ask you to make an appointment while she is hiding in her office! Her staff is also so rude and respectful. I guess she sees at least 100 patients a day. Don't go there, I do not recommend at all. I had the worst doctor experience ever there.

August 16th, 2009
5 years a satisfied customer
Office staff kind, attentive, efficient, low staff turnoverAccurate information always given to patientVery smart physician, quick to get things done; thorough, aware of local resources.Understands the lives of low income, uninsured and non English speaking patients, and makes allowances for their needs.

July 7th, 2017