Dr. Carolyn Hixson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carolyn Hixson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2017

She is very thorough in her exam.

She was very kind and thorough. She asked me questions that encompassed my whole being - not just what I would have thought about.

April 17th, 2017

Don't recommend

Her staff was great and helpful. After reading reviews I was looking forward to meeting with her, as all her reviews were positive. I came in and her demeanor was emotionless and rude! I was expecting answers to my bad periods, she was not helpful at all. She said all women get sick and have cramps. She did not even give me an exam but told me everything was fine. I'm not able to take ibuprofen which she was aware of, but told me to take it anyways! She pushed her beliefs on me as well!

September 1st, 2015

She is a really kind person, very thorough, very professional. i like her very much and recommend her to anyone who is scared or embarrassed by at the thought of going to this particular kind of doctor.

October 10th, 2013

Great experience!

People (customers, patients, clients, etc.) are often motivated to share their negative experiences and very rarely take the time to share their positive ones. I work in retail management – I encounter this societal phenomenon on a daily basis. When your expectations are met and you have an overall good experience, you are left satisfied and quickly move on. However, if your expectations are not met (whether they were realistic or not), you want everyone in the world to know of your dissatisfaction. The best way to share your negative (and often unconstructive) experiences is to anonymously post reviews online. Consequently, these negative comments often over power the positive ones and can easily influence other consumers. That is why I’m taking the time to write about my wonderful experiences with Dr. Hixson and her staff. To be completely honest, I was a little hesitant to choose this doctor after I read the previous reviews posted on another site. I was consulting with her to discuss the Essure (tubal ligation) procedure. Based on the allegations made by others in regards to her perceived religious opinions and how they reportedly affected her doctoring, I was afraid that I would be judged for not wanting children and/or reprimanded for choosing sterilization since I was only 32 years old. These reviews, admittedly, predisposed me to the bias that her religious beliefs could interfere with her ability to do what was in my best interest. I was very wrong! Dr. Hixson was great and very personable. She asked me why I wanted the procedure and explained the process to me in great detail. She told me about her patients’ positive and negative experiences. She did not sugar-coat anything, which I greatly appreciated, nor did she try to talk me out of it. She scheduled a follow-up ultrasound as a safety precaution to ensure she would be aware of any abnormalities or potential difficulties during the actual procedure. On the day of the procedure (yesterday 10/9/13), her staff was very reassuring and allowed my husband to wait with me while the meds kicked in. The procedure room was very comforting – lights turned down low and soft music playing in the background. I know that doesn’t sound like much, but I was very grateful for the extra effort to relax me since I was very anxious. I’ve never had any health issues, surgeries, procedures, etc., so I was very nervous to undergo a procedure that involved cervical injections and manual cervical dilation. Thankfully, the procedure was painless and only mildly discomforting (that was only because I knew what was going on even though I could not feel it). I felt only a small pinch and small moving pain during the placement of the last coil. It lasted only seconds and was not scary at all. The entire procedure took about 25 minutes from the time that I had to undress to getting cleaned up afterwards, and that includes the five minutes I had to wait after the injection for my cervix to numb. Overall, I had a very positive experience with this doctor and her staff. During my three appointments, I never had to wait more than five minutes to be called by the nurse to get the appointment started (weight, paperwork, blood pressure) and only had to wait a few minutes after that for the doctor to arrive. Each of my appointments actually started on time! That’s the first time I ever experienced that. It is my hope that the next person who is contemplating scheduling with Dr. Hixson carefully consider all the opinions and experiences that have been shared online. Please don’t be predisposed by the negative, nor assume that your experience will be the same as others. All I can tell you is that I’m not a high-maintenance patient and do not require a lot of warm and fuzzy talk (I’d rather have substance over fluff and hate being placated), so Dr. Hixson’s informative and straight-forward approach as well as her courteous staff, culminated in the experience that I was seeking and could appreciate. If you are seeking a similar experience, you won’t be disappointed!

February 24th, 2012

CARING

Dr Hixson is a very caring and concerned physician. She tries to do what is best for the patient, but sometimes the insurance company does not make it easy.

June 23rd, 2011

Great Doctor and staff

I have been going to Dr Hixson for several years and have not had a problem with her or her staff. I had a female problem about 10 years ago, she diagnosed and treated it and I have not had that problem again. I would and have recommended her to several family and friends.

June 30th, 2010

Dr.Hixson and her staff as untrustworthy as I have come to them . I can only say that her and her staff failed at putting patents first. I have two sisters and a mother who will never refer Dr. Hixsons practice to anther female.

January 21st, 2009

While this doctor & her staff have the surface appearance of excellent. I do not feel like she was as thorough or open with me about exactly what my lab & test results stated. This influences my decision and consent for treatment. I am not interested in being her guinea pig and she should have immediately referred me to an ob/gyn with more specialty training. I am sad to leave her practice because her staff was by far the best I have ever had the privilege of knowing. Her bed side manner is also very caring and helps to put you at ease. I have confidence in her for general gynocological exams but I would not let her do anything more specific than that.

October 19th, 2016