Dr. Carolyn Kimura MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 14th, 2011
what a bad experience
she is not very courteous

April 27th, 2010
15 years later....
I saw Dr. Kimura about 15 years ago after a suicide attempt. She had a blank slate from me as I had no prior attempts and had seen no psychiatrists prior to that time. I don't remember how many months I saw her, it was likely 6 to 10 months. She diagnosed me as bipolar and I was angry and hid that diagnosis from everyone. I did not want to be labeled with such a "problematic" diagnosis. She eventually dropped me for not showing up for a visit. I was devastated. The hard part about agoraphobia and depression is that getting out of the house and keeping appointments is extremely hard, and I had done great considering my history. I took it very personal when I got a letter in the mail informing me that they had dropped me as a patient after missing a 2nd appointment in a large number of months.Fast forward 15 years. Another overdose. Hospitalization required this time. Hospitilized for 12 days. Again, another blank slate. Hadn't seen a psychiatrist since Dr. Kimura in more than 15 years. I said nothing about what she had said. Their diagnosis? Bipolar and agoraphobia with anxiety disorder. It appears Dr. Kimura had hit the nail on the head 15 years ago. If I had just found another doctor and continued to receive help instead of shutting down, I would be a lot further in my recovery instead of starting over. I give her a gold star for diagnosis and a thumbs down for her patient policies (but that was 15 years ago)...hopefully things have changed for the better since then.

January 21st, 2017