Dr. Carolyn Lederman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2017
competent but rude
Dr. Lederman has seen my daughter twice. We went with a pretty straightforward issue, trying to determine if she needs glasses for near sighted vision, which we were warned she would eventually need. There are times when a dr's bedside manner is less important because you need a good clinician. I cannot overlook the fact that Dr. Lederman is rude, aloof and made no effort to engage with my teen, or to make her feel at ease in her office. I would never take my daughter back to this office. Frankly, she's not good enough to override her terrible bedside manner. I felt it the first time, but decided to try again. Not going for a third try.

April 17th, 2017
Professional and highly recommend
After a bad experience with the eye doctor in Greenwich, we saw Dr Lederman who performed corrective eye surgery for our 2 year old. It has been nearly 4 years and the eyes are perfect. We could not be more satisfied with Dr Lederman's ability to answer our questions thoroughly and is never in a hurry.

February 24th, 2016
Treated me at White Plains Hospital and also had 2 follow up visits at her office

October 22nd, 2015
World class
After a year and six other doctors,I had given up hope of a cure.When a friend recommended Dr. Lederman. I recognized the name as the doctor Columbia Presbyterian NICU,the best in the world,had recommended for my infant granddaughter. I knew she had to be world class.She did not disappoint.

September 17th, 2015
After spending a year being misdiagnosed by six experts ,it took dr lederman twenty minutes to correctly diagnose the problem. She gave me back my life.

August 5th, 2015
Warm, Compassionate Doctor
Dr. Lederman was recommended to my by son's pediatrician, on an emergency basis late on a friday night. Dr. Lederman offered to come in right away to see my 2 year old son, who was experiencing a lazy eye with sudden onset strabismus. After a stint of patching and eyeglasses, he ended up with strabismus surgery. Now, his eyes are straight, and he no longer needs to wear the glasses or be patched. I was especially grateful that Dr. Lederman took my son's situation so seriously, and for her caring compassionate manner. Thank you, Dr. Lederman.

July 23rd, 2015
Our five-year-old son has been visiting Dr. C. Lederman for over a year. Despite his high anxiety, Dr. Lederman talks with him, makes him feel comfortable, and is able to complete a comprehensive exam calmly and smoothly. She has a kind, compassionate, and fun way of engaging him. Additionally, Dr. Lederman answers every question we have with great detail. We feel so comfortable in her office and trust that she is giving our son great attention and care.

July 8th, 2015
just wonderful
My son has been a patient of Dr. Carolyn Lederman since the age of 2 years old. He was extremely farsighted with a weakness in one eye. We were amazed at how close she came to the correct Rx for him after the first examination--at that age of course he couldn't judge "same" "better" or "worse". She has always been and continues to be very professional taking time to "check in"with my son on all aspects of his life. She was very straight with us in the beginning saying he would most likely always require glasses but that his eyes would most definitely improve as he grew older. Our son is 19+ now, never fears seeing her annually and has chosen to continue with her (as long as he can fit in the chair!) Bottom line, she's a Godsend to parents who need the very best attention to their children's eyesight.

March 26th, 2015
Worst Experience
I feel compelled to write a review of my experience with Dr. Carolyn Lederman. I have never had a worse experience with a doctor in my entire life. She was rude, and not very friendly to my 4 year old child. I would think being a pediatric doctor, you would enjoy and understand how to work with children. Her evaluation of my son was not thorough at all, and she didn't communicate with me at all during the examination. In the end, she concluded my son needed glasses and was diagnosed with amblyopia, also called lazy eye. Understandably, I had many questions as I had never heard of amblyopia before and was concerned for my child. My questions were not very welcomed by the Dr. , and she flippantly said to me "trust me your son needs glasses." In the end, I had questions that went unanswered and felt like the whole appointment was very rushed. I spent the next week researching amblyopia on my own since she did not answer my questions. My husband and I decided to schedule another appointment with another eye dr for a second opinion. After a thorough, 1 hour exam, incorporating a multitude of different types of tests to evaluation my son's vision, the other doctor concluded that my son did NOT need glasses and did NOT have amblyopia. Dr. Lederman may be very well schooled and trained, but I did not have the privilege of experiencing her expertise. Not only was she wrong with her diagnosis of my son, but she made the whole experience so unpleasant for me and my entire family. I will never visit Dr. Lederman again, and suggest others check out Greenwich Ophthalmology instead on West Main Street in Stamford where they know how to treat patients.

March 18th, 2015
First let me start with what is most important--as a physician myself I feel that Dr. Lederman is a very skilled and competent clinician. Clinically, she's excellent. As a mother, and more specifically, a mother of a special needs child who specifically called Dr. Lederman (and all peds offices) and requested specifics of the appointment (I sent medical records prior so as to decrease length of appointment because my child has a very difficult time in doctors offices so I do everything I can to make it as easy on him as possible and thus, on the physician and myself). I was told the appointment would be 30-45 minutes max. Perfect. The reality was waiting 45+minutes after drops to dilate my child's pupils were placed and we had to go to the waiting room. Needless to say, I requested several times to simply reschedule or please let us wait in an exam room so we would not disrupt the other kids waiting etc. I was shocked when finally Dr. Lederman tried to complete the exam only to stop and in a frustrated manner said "see these special needs kids cant have appointments in the afternoon" I did not want to even engage with her or her office any further so I simply said that I was very misinformed by her office and the sign on the door that she was a PEDIATRIC physician.

September 3rd, 2014
RN
Dr. Carolyn Lederman performed strabismus surgery on both of our 6 year old son's eyes. She did a tremendous job. Our son has beautiful straight eyes now. We are so grateful! Dr. Carolyn Lederman is a wonderful doctor and an exceptionally skilled surgeon. Thank you for taking such good care of our son and his eyes!

August 13th, 2013
Office visits
Dr. Carrie Lederman is an asset to the practice of pediatric ophthalmology. She was very professional, patient, and thorough during my child's recent visits to her office. I would highly recommend her to any family in the need of ophthalmology care.