A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carolyn Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carolyn Nelson is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
ADHD Patient Education Read our ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carolyn Nelson, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Universidad Del Noreste, Tampico.
Dr. Nelson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Westchester Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carolyn May Nelson MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Carolyn M. Nelson practice?
- Dr. Carolyn Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. Carolyn Nelson practices Psychiatry near Whitestone, NY.
See Whitestone Psychiatrists.