Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Be Cautious..  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2010

Staff and doctor are curtious; however seems like she's overbooked and rushed during a visit. She also changed my medicine without consulting my cardiologist, which led to some serious issues and a trip to the ER. Turns out, she put my neighbor on the same meds a year prior and also had an incident, which cause her to go to the ER as well. I feel like she didn't listen to my needs and conserns. She seemed to brush off this mishap. I wouldn't let her change my mediciation and I would be very cautious to accept her prescriptions on a whim.

May 15th, 2010

I was referred after seeing 2 other MDs. she really listened and found my problem right away. She is amazing

|  Current patient  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2010

I was amazed at how well all the staff seemed to know and remember me. They were all polite and willing to help. Dr. Merkouris was very knowledgable and able to quickly help me when several other practices were not able to improve my condition at all. Her PA Billie-Jo was also very sweet and helpful.

Jul 22nd, 2009

Dr. Merkouris is very professional, yet warm and caring. She diagnosed my medical condition right away and let me know my full treatment options, with enough information that I felt I could make an informed decision. She takes a great deal of time to sit and listen to your questions and concerns and walk you through them. She even spoke directly with my children and reassured them that everything would go well; and answered their questions. She was my surgeon, and the nurses at the hospital were very impressed by all the proactive steps she had taken regarding my care; saying they had never seen it done to that level by any other surgeon they had worked with.

|  Current Patient  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2009

I am a current patient and am throughly pleased with Dr. Merkouris. She and her entire staff are very courteous and professional, they always remember my name and listen to my concerns. Dr. Merkouris was able to accurately diagnose my condition and provide very effective treatment, this condition had been alluding a previous doctor for almost 2 years. She is hard to get an appointment with, but this is not unusual for a great doctor in Anchorage. We just don't have a very big medical community, so if you are good you are in demand.

Jul 6th, 2009

She's really sweet, but she was way overbooked and should have stopped taking new patients. Had to wait for hours to see her very briefly. She was so over scheduled the office sent me home with a promise to call back later to schedule my next OB appointment. It never happened, they randomly chose a date and time and never called back. I didn't find out about the appointment until soon before, and was told that I had to take it, that was all that was available--for weeks. She was so overbooked, any delivery not happening after office hours would be pushed into a c-section (couldn't afford to miss any office appointments). Would be an excellent doctor if they could maintain a manageable patient load.

May 5th, 2009

She kept saying I had PIH when the nurses said I didn't. She wouldn't let me try an induction, she just pushed to give me a C section. I don't trust her.