A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carolyn Reed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carolyn Reed is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carolyn Reed, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- She has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchial Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Occupational Asthma (Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis or Hypersensitivity Pneumotitis)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Reed graduated from University of Rochester . She has 6 awards.
Dr. Reed has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carolyn Elaine Reed MD is a female Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Carolyn E. Reed practice?
- Dr. Carolyn Reed has 2 office locations.
Dr. Carolyn Reed practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Charleston, SC.
See Charleston Surgeons.