A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carolyn Reed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carolyn Reed is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Reed
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Reed Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carolyn Reed, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- She has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchial Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Occupational Asthma (Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis or Hypersensitivity Pneumotitis)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Reed graduated from University of Rochester . She has 6 awards.
Dr. Reed has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- Ralph H. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carolyn Elaine Reed MD is a female Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Carolyn E. Reed practice?
- Dr. Carolyn Reed has 2 office locations.
Dr. Carolyn Reed practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Charleston, SC.
See Charleston Cardiothoracic Surgeons.