Dr. Carolyn Spiro Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carolyn Spiro?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Carolyn Spiro?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 21st, 2013

Outstanding physician

Dr. Spiro is brilliant and kind. She listens and really cares, and has made many perceptive observations in my sessions with her. She is one of the few psychiatrists around these days who is an outstanding psychopharmacologist and also provides intensive, insight-based talk therapy. I recommend her without reservation.

March 21st, 2013

Very positive experience

Dr. Spiro has helped me through two difficult periods of my life. She is an extremely caring individual, very accessible, and her insights are right on the mark. I am very grateful to her for helping me and would strongly recommend her to family and friends.

February 6th, 2012

M.Dousa

One of the most clever clinicians I have ever met. She is respectful and appropriately supportive. Easily Accessible, has excellent rapport. She is kind and compassionate and well attuned to the individual needs of her patients. As one of the rare breed of psychiatrists left who offer individual therapy in addition to pharmacologic treatments, her therapeutic approach is extremely comprehensive. I for one am forever grateful to Dr Spiro and give my unreserved endorsement and recommendation.NB. Doesn't have office staff, therefore rating left blank.

June 20th, 2011

Saved my Life!

I originally started seeing her 10 years ago with what I thought postpartum depression. After one hour she told me she thought I had Lyme disease. I was incredulous...but did take the test and was positive. Within 10 days of taking doxycycline I was better. I have been seeing her off an on for all these years and I am not a "regular" weekly patient, but she ALWAYS finds time to fit me in when I am in need. In my opinion she is EXCELLENT in many areas. I always value her opinion on any and all topics.

Doctor's Response

Well, I'm glad you're satisfied with my care. In truth, I don't always fit people in right away, but I try within limits. You've probably been patient with me when I've been busy - so it goes both ways. Working together over many years with any kind of doctor should be always a matter of teamwork - my guess is you don't expect me to be god, just to be on your team... That why it works. Thanks for the great review.

SHOW

February 21st, 2011

A terrible experience

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry you feel this way. If this reviewer would care to be more specific in his/her complaints I'd be happy to respond. At the moment this review is uninformative and unfair to both me, the doctor, and to prospective patients. I do apologize for the "terrible experience," but for me to improve, a more detailed, truthful and accurate report of how I let you down would help. However, even if you simply wish to alert others that they should avoid me, details would help your case.

SHOW