Obstetricians & Gynecologists

405 Great Plain Ave
Needham, MA 02492
781-453-2927
Locations and availability (1)

Feb 27th, 2014

A great MD and knows her stuff, but not happy about her turning into a concierge practice..It's now 365.00 for 1 year which means you are paying for 2 visits...Usually go every 6 mos. She runs blood work and changes what needs to be done.

|  NOT A FAN  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

I've been going to this office for several years now and have only seen Dr. Shaak once. She did only talk about some personal problems she was stressed out about and did not answer my questions. When I did ask a question she was cranky and condescending to me. They check my blood and EVERY time OVER correct for a lack of balance. So I've been on a yo-yo for years with my estrogen way too high and then way too low then way too high and then way too low. It's next to impossible to even reach the "clinical" line to ask questions or talk about current symptoms. The line is only available a few hours 3-4 days a week (like 9:30-11:00AM and then 1:-2:00PM. Changes every day so you can't count on a good time to call until you check the day you want to speak to someone. I can't tell you how many times over the years I've called non-stop during their allotted times only to get nothing but a busy signal the entire time. They don't have an answering machine so you have to keep trying back. You're given an option to fax a question or symptoms in to have them looked at by the doctor. I did that this past weekend because symptoms are once again, severe. Someone called back yesterday when I had to run out for 10 minutes and said she couldn't run it by the doctor until she asked a few questions first and to call back. I tried, like I said, non-stop during the allotted times only to get nothing but a busy signal. I faxed and told them as much as asked them to call me back. Never happened. Today I called and spoke with the woman that left the message yesterday and she said there's no record of me sending a fax over the weekend. She must have lost it and doesn't remember seeing it or calling me, can I just tell her what it said. I can't tell you how many times this exact thing has happened to me with this office, it's very frustrating! However I do tell her and then she (who is NOT a doctor), starts advising me. It's extremely frustrating when they keep screwing up and then treat you like this. In the past, and I'll do the same today, the only way I get answers is if I call the pharmacy that makes up the hormone cream. I have to say the pharmacist is very helpful and concerned whenever I've called. He always understands when I tell him I can't get through to the clinical line. In more than 5 years this doctor and her office have NOT helped me but actually made my life miserable because of wild fluctuations in estrogen. The office staff is incompetent, uncaring and arrogant as is Dr. Shaak. I have a friend who had been going there for years and got estrogen dependent breast cancer and was told repeatedly that she still needed to take estrogen in order to feel better! What are they thinking? They're playing with people's lives.

|  Christine Musculus  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

It is plain and simple....Dr.Shaak and her amazing staff of all women...SAVED MY LIFE....After being misdiagnosed by a certain doctor that will remain nameless....I feel like I did when I was 30. They are amazing....And who better to understand what women go through than other women who have studied about it...And been there and done that...I love them...

May 2nd, 2012

No one but Dr. Shaak has been able to help me. She thinks outside the box. She is unique, and I think brilliant. I am grateful to her and highly recommend her.

|  Be very careful if you see Dr Shaak  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

Dr Shaak prescribes hormone replacement- controversial, of course. When I ran into problems with the formula she prescribes, I could barely get her attention at the appt- she was busy telling stories about herself and her own health issues. When I did further research, I found that she is THE only medical professional who talks about hormone replacement on her website with NO mention of breast cancer- NO mention, while it is the biggest risk of estrogen replacement. When I saw a leading menopause specialist in the Boton area, and asked about Dr Shaak,she was very clear- "We don't like her very much around here." Be very wary.

Sep 9th, 2011

Each and every time I see Dr. Shaak it is a great appointment! She is highly knowledgable and I feel 100% confidence having her as my Doctor!

Feb 24th, 2011

Dr Shaak and her staff are excellent. Dr Shaak spent a great deal of time with me, and appeared genuinely interested in my issues. She offered helpful advice and upon starting my treatment, I felt a new lease on life.I cannot thank Dr Shaak and her staff enough and highly recommend this clinic to any woman dealing with hormonal issues.

by Linda P on Jul 29th, 2010

Dr Shaak and her clinical staff are incredible. I have never felt better in my life, and it's all due to their tenacity in helping me find the right diagnosis, then proper and ongoing treatment. Wonderful, wonderful.