A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carolyn Welsh:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carolyn Welsh, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Critical Care
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Embolism
Education & Awards
Dr. Welsh graduated from Boston University .
Dr. Welsh has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - Denver
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Welsh accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans - 6 plans
- Colorado Access Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Colorado Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan