Dr. Carrie Bagatell Is this you?

3.3

What A Lucky Find

Posted on March 23rd, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Bagatell for many years. I have recommended her to several friends and relatives during that time and I have noticed that all of the men that have gone to her still do. Only about half the women got along with her. For me, I use her for both Primary Care and she treats my type II diabetes. I really like the way she can present options, explain the pros and cons of each, and take time to answer any questions before I make the decision. She is very highly recommended.

Arrogant and neglectful toward serious health concerns

Posted on October 18th, 2010

On moving to a new location, I was forced to find another doctor. I had previously benefited from a superb GP (for 3 years) and a supportive endocrinologist (for 10 years), and both doctors had treated me to the best of their abilities. A doctor in my new locale recommended Dr. Carrie J. Bagatell to me. I was thrilled to hear that she was both a general physician and an endocrinologist. I thought that someone with such a resourceful background would be proficient in observing the human body in a more holistic way, as opposed to merely treating a number of seemingly separate symptoms with a multitude of medications. I have only had a few of appointments with Dr. Bagatell, but I soon became concerned about the way she managed my care. After my initial meeting with her, I was worried about her inability to identify with some of the prescription medications I had previously been prescribed, as well as her intensely aloof and condescending manner. I believed, however, that as a new patient, it might just take a little while to form a rapport with her. Further, she seemed to lack the much-needed up-to-date knowledge in my area of concern (pituitary disease) and appeared generally dismissive and inflexible to most suggestions. Due to her deficient knowledge base, I had to phone one of my previous doctors in order to try to elucidate one of my issues Her constant lack of understanding of my specific situation meant that she was unable to make reasonable requests.Despite being incapable of helping me with my chronic and debilitating health issues, she refused to provide a much-needed referral to a specialist (pituitary endocrinologist), who had already told me that he was indeed able to assist. When endeavoring to resolve such an issue by phoning her about my consultation with the specialist (and why I desperately needed such a referral), she blatantly failed to return any of my phone calls. Her conduct was unprofessional, unprincipled and arrogant. Since obtaining a referral from another GP, I have been diagnosed with hypopituitarism (diabetes insipidus and growth hormone deficiency) and I am also suspected of Cushings disease. Carrie Bagatell was indeed aware that my lab work demonstrated (random) elevated cortisol levels, yet she neglected to follow up. Additionally, on receiving my faxed medical records from her office for onward transmission to my new GP, I noticed that it contained many sizeable errors, implying that she wasnt paying attention during our initial office consult. This was very disconcerting and I am extremely disappointed with her neglectful care. FORMER patient

Posted on November 10th, 2014