Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Update on first review. show details Update on first review.
by Randi M. on Mar 15th, 2015

This is an update on my previous review. Dr. Shulman has just reached out to me and explained that she brought my case to other neurosurgeons and my case is atypical. She has expressed an interest in consulting with another surgeon who may perform the next surgery. Although I wish there was more honest communication from the beginning, I appreciate her reaching out to me now.

Mar 12th, 2015

Great doctor

I REALLY wanted to believe in her.. show details I REALLY wanted to believe in her..
by Randi M. on Feb 24th, 2015

I did research and loved what I read about Dr. Shulman after finding out I had a slow growing tumor that began forming in the womb (Epidermoid tumor) in the cranial base of my skull about the size of a golf ball. My family came to my first appt with Dr. Shulman where she made everyone (including me) feel confident about her abilities to get the entire tumor and was very thorough in explaining the procedure. I scheduled the surgery for 7/28/14. I came out of the surgery with double vision, facial numbness and feeling like total a** (she had already warned me about all this so it wasn't a surprise) but she assured me she got the entire tumor besides having to leave a little piece of it on a nerve in fear of leaving me with permanent double vision (perfectly fine with me). I go through my entire recovery fighting tooth and nail, excited that the tumor is gone, feeling like a brand new person. My first MRI isn’t scheduled until 3 months after the surgery (October) which is stupid in itself. She is sitting there looking at the MRI and first tells me it grew back (impossible-it’s a slow growing tumor and she knows this) and then tells me she thinks she missed the bottom half of the tumor (I DO appreciate the honesty). Nonchalantly with not a hint of remorse she says we have to go back in. Ok. Maybe it didn’t bother her, maybe it did and such a blow to her ego was hard to show remorse I don’t really know. But do you know how I felt? All that, the stress, what my family went through, what I went through, the suffering –to hear THAT? I picked my stomach up off the floor and told her this is something I’d have to think about. I made an appt with a Dr at Moffitt who tells me that it’s not half, 90% or more of the tumor is still there and there’s no way it grew back. I’m looking at the two slides myself and there’s not a single difference. The tumor from before and after is the same exact shape and size. I even thought maybe the slides were mixed up-Nope. It’s hard to be mad because my side effects from the operation are gone and I’m not paralyzed (with it pushing against my brain stem) but WTH? 90% or more? Was a golf ball size chunk of my brain removed? I literally did that first surgery for nothing, well for a biopsy basically but she was supposed to be removing the entire thing and said she did. Since she didn’t and the entire thing is still there my next surgery is this summer at Moffitt. A SERIOUS waste of time, money and suffering.

Amazing! show details Amazing!
by Anonymous on Jun 12th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

Dr. Shulman is an amazing surgeon who genuinely cares about her patients. She took the time to get to know me and my condition AND explain it to me in ...

Very Good show details Very Good
by Anonymous on Nov 30th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

One of the best surgeons for minimally invasive.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Anonymous on Nov 29th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Dr. Shulman listened to me and explained my condition in a way that I understood. I really trusted her because she really seemed to care about my me a ...